Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,489 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

wilbourj's Posts

After much searching on the Internet and on these forums, I finally threw in the towel and did a factory reset on the phone.  The only alternative that kept coming up was to root the phone in ord... See more...
After much searching on the Internet and on these forums, I finally threw in the towel and did a factory reset on the phone.  The only alternative that kept coming up was to root the phone in order to better troubleshoot what was eating up memory.  Not something I wanted to pursue.  I now have a little over 22 gigs of internal memory available.  Please note the factory reset went smoothly.  I backed up the important stuff to the SD card and a laptop as a precaution and didn't have to use it.  
I also reviewed all files/folders I could access without rooting and didn't see anything that would account for all the memory being utilized. 
Total space is 32 GB (internal memory).  Total of memory used by apps and other identified sources listed under Storage is 19.9 GB.  A large chunk of that (7.3 GB) is listed under Miscellaneous f... See more...
Total space is 32 GB (internal memory).  Total of memory used by apps and other identified sources listed under Storage is 19.9 GB.  A large chunk of that (7.3 GB) is listed under Miscellaneous files; however, the items listed under Miscellaneous Files doesn't come close to the 7.3 GB listed.   The graphics bar on the Storage page has a lot of black space which I think (maybe wrongly) is what represents OS usage (and possibly where the memory is getting eaten up?).   Available space is up to 637 MB with all user apps removed and as much user data, other than recent texting and my short contacts list,  cleaned out.   SD lists memory as 14.83GB with 11.62 GB available.
I'm getting an insufficient memory message on my Note 3.  I've cleared cache, manually moved all files to the SD card, removed all user installed apps (Not many to start with), rebooted, used thi... See more...
I'm getting an insufficient memory message on my Note 3.  I've cleared cache, manually moved all files to the SD card, removed all user installed apps (Not many to start with), rebooted, used third party scan tools for checking various memory issues, used foul language, etc.  Would like to think I covered the basics well, but still no luck. A gained a couple of hundred megs of memory back, but now I don't even have any apps installed (other than Verizon'ware which I can't remove).   Appears that memory is being utilized in parts of the phone that the user is not given access.   Any ideas?  Thinking about a factory reset, but hesitant....  Would also like to identify the issue so I can take steps to keep this from coming back in 3 months.