My credit score is over 800, I have 4 + years of on time payments with Verizon. The second rep even explained that Verizon does sometimes extend early edge to their best customers and if they did... Ver más...
My credit score is over 800, I have 4 + years of on time payments with Verizon. The second rep even explained that Verizon does sometimes extend early edge to their best customers and if they did then I would definitely be in that category, but Verizon just isn't offering that right now. I was encouraged to call back monthly to check if that has changed. The rep explained the phone turn in program. The phones are perfect, they are just androids and have known android issues as I described in my first post. These problems are all things I can live with, but I was curious what my options were to go back to iPhones. I was considering buying old iPhones, but at $270 x 5 lines that is significant. The rep is the one who brought up edge, not me. Once she explained it, I was pretty excited and so were my kids. A world class service organization would back their reps mistakes when the consumer has this situation. In this case Verizon supervisors made an arbitrary decision to not honor their word and their offer that they made. That is the key point here.
The edge program doesn't get you out of the contract. It allows you to upgrade you phone early and spread the cost out over the plan while offsetting it with reduced line access fees. I wasn't ... See more...
The edge program doesn't get you out of the contract. It allows you to upgrade you phone early and spread the cost out over the plan while offsetting it with reduced line access fees. I wasn't calling them to get out of my 2 year contract and wasn't complaining about that. I was complaining that they offered something then decided to not honor that offer.
This post is just me venting and giving my feedback to Verizon on something I feel was handled really poorly.  Last May I switched my entire family off Iphones for Androids (5 phones) and it has ... Ver más...
This post is just me venting and giving my feedback to Verizon on something I feel was handled really poorly.  Last May I switched my entire family off Iphones for Androids (5 phones) and it has been a disaster.  We have tons of group texting issues, screens going black and app problems.  i feel like I am in constant support mode for my three kids doing soft resets just to keep them working.  I called Verizon seeking help, knowing we were out of cycle for an upgrade, but I just wanted to understand my options for getting back to Iphones.  The rep told me about the Edge program where we could switch to the latest Iphones and effectively pay an extra $2 a month after reducing the line access fee by $25.  I was very excited about this, but wanted to talk with the family to make sure I knew which phones/ colors they all wanted.  The rep promised to call me back that night at 7:30 to complete the action.  I talked it through with them and they were all very excited. I didn't get a call that night so I called back in the next morning.  I was informed that the rep had requested approval to get me on the early edge program and that I was not eligible.  I was told there was a reminder for that rep (Christina) to call me back at 3.  I was pretty confused as Edge was offered to me yesterday with none of this conversation about eligibility.  I decided to wait for a call back so that Christina could hopefully finish what she had offered.  Shockingly, I didn't get a call back so I called in at 4 and was told that I wasn't eligible for early edge even though the system showed I was an awesome customer with more than 4 years of never missing a $270 payment.  Because of this sterling record they offered to put one phone on edge for me.  Really?  You want me to go back to one of my three children and tell them they are the chosen one?  After much discussion and putting me on hold to talk to supervisors they informed me that this was all they could do.  I have now gotten my entire family really excited about going back to Iphones and have to tell them it isn't true.  I was a 0 for switching them, then I was the hero, now I am like -20.  Switching to another carrier is likely my cheapest option to fix this.