Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,192 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

gobellago's Posts

So what are you, VZW, going to do about it???? How many times do I need to respond to a VZW rep on this website before someone HELPS ME?? Here are some options: 1. Release me from my contract... See more...
So what are you, VZW, going to do about it???? How many times do I need to respond to a VZW rep on this website before someone HELPS ME?? Here are some options: 1. Release me from my contract without financial penalty. 2. Stop advertising that there is coverage in my neighborhood area, because there is not. This is false advertising. And, illegal. 3. Figure out a way to fix it.
MatthewS, A network extender is not going to correct the problem of my not having a signal in my front yard. Man, I feel like no one is LISTENING to me. Have you not read this thread? I wi... See more...
MatthewS, A network extender is not going to correct the problem of my not having a signal in my front yard. Man, I feel like no one is LISTENING to me. Have you not read this thread? I will repeat myself again: - The VZW network coverage is good just about everywhere i go. I'm very happy with the network, with the exception of at my home address. - According to the Verizon coverage map, I should have voice coverage at my home address. I understand now that VZW does not guarantee coverage in my home; however, I do not have coverage outside at my address, either. - While in my home and in my yard (there is no difference between the two in terms of signal quality), i typically have no bars or one bar. I am not able to make or receive phone calls inside or outside of my house. - It has not always been like this. When I first got my phone last November, the reception at my address wasn't great, but i could at least make phone calls from the rooms in the front of my home, which face west, as well as in my front yard. In early Spring, it got much worse (could no longer make calls from house or yard) and I contacted VZW. They told me they'd "check on it", they submitted a ticket, and I never heard back. - To the south and west of my home is the metro Milwaukee area. To the east is Lake Michigan, which is about 6 blocks away. Is it possible the lake has a different effect on my reception with the changing of the seasons? Lastly, i have had Verizon at this address since August 2011 WITH NO PROBLEMS until this spring – something has happened!!! thanks.
Good question: I don't understand why the network isn't working now, yet was OK initially. I've added more details around my experience thus far in my response to LasinaH. It's obvious AT&T is... See more...
Good question: I don't understand why the network isn't working now, yet was OK initially. I've added more details around my experience thus far in my response to LasinaH. It's obvious AT&T is probably the best option for me after going through all this, unless someone at VZW can figure it out. I'm interested now in getting out of my contract/phone without losing money, and in saving others in my zip code from this misrepresentation of "network coverage." It's simple; if you can't make a call standing on the sidewalk in front of my house, it shouldn't appear like this on the Verizon network coverage map: If you saw this, wouldn't you think you'd be able to make a phone call standing outside by that red pin? Well, you can't. That's a problem.
hi LasinaH, Here is what I know: - Network coverage is good just about everywhere i go. I'm very happy with the network, with the exception of my home and yard. - While in my home and in my ... See more...
hi LasinaH, Here is what I know: - Network coverage is good just about everywhere i go. I'm very happy with the network, with the exception of my home and yard. - While in my home and in my yard (there is no difference between the two in terms of signal quality), i typically have no bars or one bar. I am not able to make or receive phone calls inside or outside of my house. - It has not always been like this. When I first got my phone last November, the reception at my home wasn't great, but i could at least make phone calls from the rooms in the front of my home, which face west, as well as in my front yard. In early Spring, it got much worse (could no longer make calls from house or yard) and I contacted VZW. They told me they'd "check on it", they submitted a ticket, and I never heard back. - To the south and west of my home is the metro Milwaukee area. To the east is Lake Michigan, which is about 6 blocks away. Is it possible the lake has a different effect on my reception with the changing of the seasons? Thanks for listening.
Using my husband's work phone is not a solution. You're missing the point: I purchased this phone and service because I was led to believe it would WORK. It doesn't. And no one at Verizon appe... See more...
Using my husband's work phone is not a solution. You're missing the point: I purchased this phone and service because I was led to believe it would WORK. It doesn't. And no one at Verizon appears to care that they falsely advertised what their network could do. I shouldn't be financially penalized just to get a phone that works as advertised.
I don't have usable service outside of my home, either. It's the same whether i'm inside or in my yard.
I chose Verizon after seeing that there was coverage in my area, metropolitan Milwaukee - 53211. But guess what? THERE ISN'T. At my home, I can only get one bar, some days none, on rare occasi... See more...
I chose Verizon after seeing that there was coverage in my area, metropolitan Milwaukee - 53211. But guess what? THERE ISN'T. At my home, I can only get one bar, some days none, on rare occasions – two. On their map, it clearly shows there is coverage in my area. Not "partial coverage" – it says COVERAGE. I contacted Verizon and they said they would "check on it." Never heard back. In the mean time, i have been borrowing my husband's phone (AT&T) to make calls when at home. I sequestered myself to making calls when I was on the road, because it was the only time I could get a signal. So I called Verizon last week in desperation. After waiting 30 minutes to talk to a human, I was told I was in a "spotty area," and that I should purchase a network extender for $249. I was shocked. I PAY VERIZON OVER A HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH and can't make a call from my own HOME... and Verizon wants ME to PAY for this?? I waited another 20 minutes to "talk to a supervisor" who then offered me $75 off the price of the extender. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Worst customer service ever. I'm still in shock. So my choices are: A. Pay $150 for SERVICE I ALREADY PAY FOR or B. Pay $140 to BREAK MY CONTRACT and move on. Verizon, i'm giving you one last chance before i cut and paste this experience on every single social site i can find. PLEASE make it right.You're making my life miserable and i'm going to do everything in my power to make sure others don't go through this as well.