You're absolutely correct. I hope you continue to enjoy your services as I stated before.  Again have a blessed day.
Thank you. You have been very helpful.  I hope that you are enjoying your services.  Have a blessed day.
It should be known that I did conduct a hard reset on the cell phone as I was instructed would be the only thing that would fix the phone.  Again I refuse to purchase another cell phone when ther... Ver más...
It should be known that I did conduct a hard reset on the cell phone as I was instructed would be the only thing that would fix the phone.  Again I refuse to purchase another cell phone when there is an issue with Samsung and Verizon.  In my opinion due to my experience is that these refurbished phones are damaged phones that still have kinks that have not been worked out.  They are as bad as the original phone that I purchased after the updates forced themselves on the cell phone.  I'm thinking about going back to Sprint being that that is the service that I am getting except for the Verizon price.
I am unhappy with the cell phone.  I am on my third Samsung Galaxy Note 3 cell phone.  I recently had an issue and I responded to the Verizon store.  I advised a manager who stopped me at the doo... Ver más...
I am unhappy with the cell phone.  I am on my third Samsung Galaxy Note 3 cell phone.  I recently had an issue and I responded to the Verizon store.  I advised a manager who stopped me at the door, about the issues that I had had with my cell phone.  The recent update forced itself on my cell phone and I had the following issues: 1) frozen screens; 2) when I text, sometimes the screen freezes; 3) when I speak to someone, sometime their information remains on the screen and I cannot divert to another screen; and 4) some of my contacts were changed...not by me.  I refuse to purchase another cell phone when there is something going on with Samsung and Verizon that seem to clash.  I feel like I am out of options. I feel like perhaps I need to go to another carrier.  Please help.
I have already had the hard reset performed on my phone. I tried using the phone with no case some time ago because my case was broken and I was waiting for a replacement. It didn't make the serv... Ver más...
I have already had the hard reset performed on my phone. I tried using the phone with no case some time ago because my case was broken and I was waiting for a replacement. It didn't make the service any better.
I did get my SIM card replaced on Friday. I still have the same issues. I was told that the next step was to get a factory reset. I feel like I'm running out of options with Verizon.
The SIM card was replaced this evening. Hopefully I'll see some major improvements. Gracias
I have not had my SIM card replaced. I'm willing to try anything at this point. Another issue that I have is that I bought my mom the same phone and she is having the same issues. She is in zip c... Ver más...
I have not had my SIM card replaced. I'm willing to try anything at this point. Another issue that I have is that I bought my mom the same phone and she is having the same issues. She is in zip code of 28377. What do we need to do for her?
Ironic enough I did not really have any activity while the phone was in safe mode. I have still had issues with data where some of my apps will not work. Sometimes I have issues with connecting... Ver más...
Ironic enough I did not really have any activity while the phone was in safe mode. I have still had issues with data where some of my apps will not work. Sometimes I have issues with connecting to the internet. The Play Store app works approximately 25% of the time. I utilize the Google Maps app for a GPS and it works approximately 25% of the time also. 25% may actually be too generous. Due to having internet issues, I have to use my home computer to reply to you. I have also been experiencing issues with my phone where it restarts when it wants to, especially during an important phone call. Thanks Dimitri Galbreath
I check everyday. No update is available. Some of my co-workers say that they have never dropped a call, but their phones are older than mine. Dimitri Galbreath
I am dropping calls. Nothing specific about the calls. I can have full bars, be stationary, and my call drops. It occurs inside and outside. I noticed issues with the service after my first sof... Ver más...
I am dropping calls. Nothing specific about the calls. I can have full bars, be stationary, and my call drops. It occurs inside and outside. I noticed issues with the service after my first software update. Dimitri Galbreath
Zip code is 27106. Calls and Internet access have issues. Version: KTU84P.N900VVRUDNJ6
Zip code is 27106. Issues are both inside and outside .
I am having the same issues. The updates are not helping.  I too switched from Sprint. I'm paying a Verizon price  for Sprint service.  Unacceptable.
I purchased this phone in march 2014. Service was great. I've had several updates since then and the service had gone down hill. I switched from  Sprint thinking that I was going to get service  ... Ver más...
I purchased this phone in march 2014. Service was great. I've had several updates since then and the service had gone down hill. I switched from  Sprint thinking that I was going to get service  that I could actually use..but it's not the case. Phone often drops calls in areas where I used to have service. I'm getting Sprint service for the Verizon price. Unacceptable.  I'm going to search for other options.
When I first came to Verizon from Sprint, I was excited that I  would actually have service. When I first purchased my Samsung galaxy note 3, I had service everywhere. Lately, I've been obtainin... Ver más...
When I first came to Verizon from Sprint, I was excited that I  would actually have service. When I first purchased my Samsung galaxy note 3, I had service everywhere. Lately, I've been obtaining Sprint service for the Verizon price. Help please as I am about to find another company.