Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,308 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

vicbee63's Posts

my S6 had a mobile hotspot icon that I kept readily accessible because I need it every time I get in my car to hotspot my car head unit.  I just got the S8 and I see the hotspot option in setting... See more...
my S6 had a mobile hotspot icon that I kept readily accessible because I need it every time I get in my car to hotspot my car head unit.  I just got the S8 and I see the hotspot option in settings but I cannot find the icon! Am I losing my mind?
I found the answer on Samsung's Support site: Where are my photos and videos stored on my Samsung Galaxy S6 active ™ , and can I move them?
I'm puzzled.  I'm transferring everything from a Samsung S6 to another Samsung S6 because the 1st one is defective.  I've been able to use Verizon Cloud to move everything over, except I can't ge... See more...
I'm puzzled.  I'm transferring everything from a Samsung S6 to another Samsung S6 because the 1st one is defective.  I've been able to use Verizon Cloud to move everything over, except I can't get the nearly 6 GB of music and 3 Gb of pics/video to transfer.  I tried downloading to a pc but a pop up says I have nothing to download.  Now what?  Thanks for the help
sorry, wrong section.. will post again in the correct one.
I'm puzzled.  I'm transferring everything from a Samsung S6 to another Samsung S6 because the 1st one is defective.  I've been able to use Verizon Cloud to move everything over, except I can't ge... See more...
I'm puzzled.  I'm transferring everything from a Samsung S6 to another Samsung S6 because the 1st one is defective.  I've been able to use Verizon Cloud to move everything over, except I can't get the nearly 6 GB of music and 3 Gb of pics/video to transfer.  I tried downloading to a pc but a pop up says I have nothing to download.  Now what?  Thanks for the help
Ok, I finally have the answer to this issue.  It wasn't because I had an iPhone (iMessage was disabled anyway).  It turned out to be a primary corporate account (MS Exchange) set up issue. All th... See more...
Ok, I finally have the answer to this issue.  It wasn't because I had an iPhone (iMessage was disabled anyway).  It turned out to be a primary corporate account (MS Exchange) set up issue. All the way at the bottom of MS Exchange set up option is one to sync messages (check mark or not).  I must have checked it the first time around (thinking messages meant email and not TXT).  Once MS Exchange is installed the option is no longer available in Settings.
Ok, thanks.  I will check and report back on a possible solution if this can help others.
  yes...
I started looking at them and a rush of anxiety came upon me!... and thank you for the info.  Since my last message I discovered the badge is an Apple thing which is available on android but n... See more...
I started looking at them and a rush of anxiety came upon me!... and thank you for the info.  Since my last message I discovered the badge is an Apple thing which is available on android but not easy... although I also finally realized that there is a notification screen.  I just think the badge is more convenient.
I looked everywhere and cannot find it.
No, it's anyone sending me TXT messages.
We live in the Oakland hills and our reception was bad with AT&T who gave us a free extender.  We very recently switched to Verizon (work phones) and had the same reception issue.  We also ended ... See more...
We live in the Oakland hills and our reception was bad with AT&T who gave us a free extender.  We very recently switched to Verizon (work phones) and had the same reception issue.  We also ended up getting an extender which one of our companies had to pay for.
ok, thanks for the clarification. 
Thanks, I've done that but there isn't a setting for visual badges (thanks for using the proper name!).  I guess that's an iPhone specific thing?  Maybe I can find something similar in the app st... See more...
Thanks, I've done that but there isn't a setting for visual badges (thanks for using the proper name!).  I guess that's an iPhone specific thing?  Maybe I can find something similar in the app store?
sorry for my lack of clarity.  Yes, my car head unit has Pandora and Google Maps, neither of which work without connectivity so I use my phone as a hotspot.  I was wondering if Bluetooth sucked u... See more...
sorry for my lack of clarity.  Yes, my car head unit has Pandora and Google Maps, neither of which work without connectivity so I use my phone as a hotspot.  I was wondering if Bluetooth sucked up less data that WiFi since I stream Pandora 7-8 hours per week from my car.
TXT messages are showing up on my corporate email account with "from" showing senders phone number.  I changed messaging apps but that hasn't resolved the issue.  I can't find a messaging setting... See more...
TXT messages are showing up on my corporate email account with "from" showing senders phone number.  I changed messaging apps but that hasn't resolved the issue.  I can't find a messaging setting to stop forwarding messages.
I've just switched from iPhone to Samsung S6 and can't find how to set up visual notifications -the little circle with number of messages received- for my apps.  The only one I can see is my prim... See more...
I've just switched from iPhone to Samsung S6 and can't find how to set up visual notifications -the little circle with number of messages received- for my apps.  The only one I can see is my primary enterprise account email but nothing from Google Messages, Gmail, Outlook, etc. I've only been able to set up sound notification...
Yes, my work email is the primary account.  I don't want to copy any messages to any emails, just keep them where they are, thanks.
Do I use the same amount of data if I stream music from Pandora using WiFi (phone as hotspot) or Bluetooth?  I read that using my phone as a hotspot to stream music 1 hour a day "costs" about 2 G... See more...
Do I use the same amount of data if I stream music from Pandora using WiFi (phone as hotspot) or Bluetooth?  I read that using my phone as a hotspot to stream music 1 hour a day "costs" about 2 GB/month.  The hidden cost is staggering!!
I tried several messenger apps but all end up copying to my corporate email (MS Exchange).  How do I prevent SMS from copying to email?