Oh and the 2 right buttons (the circle and the square) do not work now
Just did the recent update on my Moto Force and now the fingerprint is jacked up, the system update button is gone, it doesn't show when I have text messages, I had to redo everything, Google cal... Ver más...
Just did the recent update on my Moto Force and now the fingerprint is jacked up, the system update button is gone, it doesn't show when I have text messages, I had to redo everything, Google calendar isn't working either. [removed] Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​. Message edited by Verizon Moderator.
And childish not coldness
Done not some
Actually I have some step3. Ok I'm going to lay it out straight. I am on this forum to get new ideas on fixing my phone. Not for sarcasm or childness comments. So either act like adults or pleas... Ver más...
Actually I have some step3. Ok I'm going to lay it out straight. I am on this forum to get new ideas on fixing my phone. Not for sarcasm or childness comments. So either act like adults or please stop with the coldness comments. Thank you
I have been through 6. And that is awesome that yours works. But mine does not.
Done all of that too
I have tried everything. But thank you
I have had 6 replacement phone since december.  My phone freezes, the battery drains super fast, i get the error message home or processor not responding, booting my to the lock screen, restarti... Ver más...
I have had 6 replacement phone since december.  My phone freezes, the battery drains super fast, i get the error message home or processor not responding, booting my to the lock screen, restarting itself, and if it gets below 39% it goes to a black screen.  I unplug my phone at 7:45am everyday and by 2pm it is dead.  This is my lifeline.  I am tired of getting the same phone sent to me and having the same problems.  I have done soft resets, hard resets, downloading clean master, always making sure everything is shut down and nothing has worked.  It is very fristerating.  I do not have an upgrade until 7/16.  What can I do since lg has not deemed it defective?