Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,790 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

vcorde's Posts

I have used the FiOS hot spots with my laptop in the past, can I / how do I - use my newly acquired Droid with them also??
You just have to try to get the right customer service people. I went back and forth for months trying to combine services WITHOUT changing the number I had for 13 years. It can be done, though the s... See more...
You just have to try to get the right customer service people. I went back and forth for months trying to combine services WITHOUT changing the number I had for 13 years. It can be done, though the system makes it hard for the reps. to do it for you. The following is part of an email exchange with corporate that was sent on 02-04-10. I'm am still holding my breath waiting for an answer Dear {edited for privacy}   While it is true that {edited for privacy} offered to compensate me for my troubles regarding a combination of services, it is NOT true that the telephone number needs to be changed. I know this to be true because on 01/08/2010 at approximately 1237 pm, I initiated a call to Verizon (866-566-6904) in response to a promotional flyer received at my home. I had the privilege of speaking with two knowledgeable, dedicated and courteous employees. The support person that I reached was {edited for privacy}I made no mention of the problems I had been suffering through with Verizon for two months and just asked if I were eligible for the $ 89.99 per month offer listed in the flyer for FiOS Extreme HD TV, Internet and Phone. I told her that I had recently added Digital Voice to my existing TV & Internet package and that for some reason the phone service was not bundled causing a higher than expected bill. She attempted to add the discount to my services but since I had two separate account numbers, she was unable to link them due to a computer system restriction. After several minutes of trying and explaining that I was in fact entitled to the package discount and then asking for assistance from a supervisor, she apologized for the inconvenience and put me in contact with {edited for privacy}.   {edited for privacy} was made aware of my problem by {edited for privacy}and he assured me that it would be resolved without any phone number change, due to the fact that the original Verizon support person entered the order incorrectly while porting the number back to Verizon from Vonage. {edited for privacy} put me on hold to check with IT and said that this could be done by the end of business that day or on a day of my choice in the future. I agreed to have them do it that day so as to put an end to this problem sooner rather than later. He took my cell phone number and said they would get right on it so my phone service would be disconnected shortly. After about five minutes, the house phone went dead. {edited for privacy} called me and said that they were in the process of bringing it all together and he would keep me updated as to it's status. As promised, he called me twice for updates and one last time to say that it was completed but that the test call to the home had gone to voicemail. I stated that my phone was not working and he put me in contact with Eric from the FSC. Eric stated that the line was active and asked if I was able to troubleshoot the problem with his verbal assistance or if I wanted a technician sent out. I agreed to check first and he instructed me to open the ONT and plug a corded phone to the test jack to check for a dial tone. Service was at the test jack and he asked what port was connected to the phone line of the ONT. I stated port # 2 was installed by the field tech Tom when the service was turned on 11/16/2009 because port #1 was inactive. Eric stated that the new service was active on port #1 since Verizon's computer showed that it was the one activated on 11/16/2009. He asked if I could move the wires from port # 1 to # 2. I made the switch in the dark while holding a flashlight in my mouth and the phone worked perfectly.      My frustration in this instance was caused by a series of blatant mistakes by Verizon and by placing unnecessary restrictions on the customer service computers. What should have been a simple transition to Digital Voice and all of it's great features, became an absolute nightmare. As a Verizon stockholder, I suggest the installation procedure of the whole FiOS service needs to be streamlined to avoid consumer headaches and Verizon cost overruns. The original FiOS install in November 2007, resulted in two missed appointments by Verizon and my nearly cancelling the service before it being set in place.  I stated in my initial letter to Mr. Seidenberg that the services are exceptional but the installation procedures are horrendous.  
You need to run IE in administrator mode to get Fios Speed Optimizer to function. 1-From the start menu, locate Internet Explorer and right click it, then click "Run as Administrator"  . 2-When IE o... See more...
You need to run IE in administrator mode to get Fios Speed Optimizer to function. 1-From the start menu, locate Internet Explorer and right click it, then click "Run as Administrator"  . 2-When IE opens go to Fios speed test page  http://www2.verizon.net/micro/speedtest/java/ run the test and then click on optimizer, when it completes, restart the computer,run IE normally and re-test. If it does not work at first, let the optimizer reset the windows settings and start from #1 again
Yes on Long Island
Is there a way to get text messages off the Motorola V325 and onto your computer? Tried Data Pilot software with no luck. Can't email most messages because it says "enhanced message" Thanks
Your phone service needs to be bundled with the TV package. My screen would say I needed Verizon phone service to work, I have Fios Digital Voice. Brought my number back from Vonage and the order was... See more...
Your phone service needs to be bundled with the TV package. My screen would say I needed Verizon phone service to work, I have Fios Digital Voice. Brought my number back from Vonage and the order wasn't placed correctly by the rep. After several weeks and numerous calls, got a great rep. on the case. He had to cancel my phone service and re-bundle the package, as soon as it was done, caller ID worked. Your box isn't recognizing that you have phone with your package
I think I got it solved. Rolled back then re-downloaded the network driver from Nvidia. Thanks for your help!  Ahhh, happiness again  We have finished your connection speed test using the East Regio... See more...
I think I got it solved. Rolled back then re-downloaded the network driver from Nvidia. Thanks for your help!  Ahhh, happiness again  We have finished your connection speed test using the East Region server. Your download speed is: 25.329 Mbps Your upload speed is: 25.117 Mbps   « SpeedGuide.net Speed Test Results » 11580 kbps down (~11.58 Mbps, 1414 KB/s)↓ 5310 kbps up (~5.31 Mbps, 648 KB/s)↑ 10240 KB downloaded in 7.244 seconds 5120 KB uploaded in 7.899 seconds Tested on: 2009.12.26 21:23 EST Tested from: speedguide.net Test Link: http://www.speedguide.net/speedtest/results.php?test=2723358 Latency: 49ms Provider: nycmny.fios.verizon.net Location: US « SpeedGuide.net TCP Analyzer Results » Tested on: 12.26.2009 21:27 IP address: 173.52.xx.x Client OS: Windows 7   TCP options string: 020405ac0103030201010402 MSS: 1452 MTU: 1492 TCP Window: 66792 (multiple of MSS) RWIN Scaling: 2 bits (2^2=4) Unscaled RWIN : 16698 Recommended RWINs: 63888, 127776, 255552, 511104, 1022208 BDP limit (200ms): 2672kbps (334KBytes/s) BDP limit (500ms): 1069kbps (134KBytes/s) MTU Discovery: ON TTL: 108 Timestamps: OFF SACKs: ON IP ToS: 00000000 (0) Last Result: Download Speed: 25776 kbps (3222 KB/sec transfer rate) Upload Speed: 8670 kbps (1083.8 KB/sec transfer rate)    http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
I've tried running the optimizer, restarting the browser, restarting the system and letting it reset the Windows setting several times in various configurations. It was a simple couple of clicks to g... See more...
I've tried running the optimizer, restarting the browser, restarting the system and letting it reset the Windows setting several times in various configurations. It was a simple couple of clicks to get it working in 32 bit mode. « SpeedGuide.net Speed Test Results » 1187 kbps down (~1.19 Mbps, 145 KB/s)↓ 1890 kbps up (~1.89 Mbps, 231 KB/s)↑ 10240 KB downloaded in 70.699 seconds 5120 KB uploaded in 22.188 seconds Tested on: 2009.12.26 20:50 EST Tested from: speedguide.net Test Link: http://www.speedguide.net/speedtest/results.php?test=2723323 Latency: 50ms Provider: nycmny.fios.verizon.net Location: US
I specifically asked for and got Digital Voice because of it's numerous Vonage-like features. My account shows Digital Voice service and I access the features using the Digital Voice Account Manager ... See more...
I specifically asked for and got Digital Voice because of it's numerous Vonage-like features. My account shows Digital Voice service and I access the features using the Digital Voice Account Manager software/site. I have the "incoming call block" activated and verified with green 'on'.     It also reads 'All anonymous calls are rejected'. I expected it to work perfectly as I had come to enjoy for five years with Vonage-**bleep** me! Thanks  Here's the page   Calling Features Call Waiting On Simultaneous Ring Off Do Not Disturb Off Call Forwarding Off Locate Me Off Incoming Call Block On Incoming Call Block is currently activated All anonymous calls are rejected. Calls rejected from following numbers Phone Number {edited for privacy} Call Notification Off
Any advice on restoring my speeds, 25/25 package??  I switched one system to 64 bit Windows 7 to take advantage of a RAM upgrade. Now my speeds stink !!  2-5Mbps down or up from the 23-26Mbps I was g... See more...
Any advice on restoring my speeds, 25/25 package??  I switched one system to 64 bit Windows 7 to take advantage of a RAM upgrade. Now my speeds stink !!  2-5Mbps down or up from the 23-26Mbps I was getting on this same computer in 32 bit version. Ran I.E. in administrator mode, put VZ site in trusted zone and used Speed Test & Optimizer from VZ site, says settings have been optimized but no change.  Thanks
When will IHA work in 7 64 bit? How do I get my speeds anywhere near 25/25 that I pay for??    I only get 2-5 Mbps up or down.  Thanks
I have Digital Voice now and was attracted to it because it was supposed to be exactly like Vonage plus bundling was to save me about $20 per month. The ACR feature never failed with Vonage, every nu... See more...
I have Digital Voice now and was attracted to it because it was supposed to be exactly like Vonage plus bundling was to save me about $20 per month. The ACR feature never failed with Vonage, every number that was not caller ID'd properly is blocked no matter it's format. It was perfect and I am sorry I made the change. Saving a 20 spot each month is not worth the hassle of anonymous calls or 6+ hours on the phone with Verizon support trying to get it going. Newest problem concerns internet speeds since I upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit. VZ In-Home-Agent & Optimizer don't function.
Recently switched phone service from Vonage to FiOS bundle including Digital Voice. The Anonymous Call Rejection feature states:  all anonymous calls rejected , my job gets through with Private or PP... See more...
Recently switched phone service from Vonage to FiOS bundle including Digital Voice. The Anonymous Call Rejection feature states:  all anonymous calls rejected , my job gets through with Private or PPP listed in the Caller ID. I've seen earlier posts for POTS stating if it comes through a PBX system it will bypass ACR. How is it possible that Vonage worked perfectly each time and Verizon can't make it happen??????? 
I had the same problem in Nov. Had 3 missed appointments. Products are great, service and installation stink. Have been on the phone with support for more than 6 hours since trying to correct their m... See more...
I had the same problem in Nov. Had 3 missed appointments. Products are great, service and installation stink. Have been on the phone with support for more than 6 hours since trying to correct their mistakes. I use Windows Sound Recorder with a cordless phone connected with a cable from the headset jack to mic input of PC to have permanent digital file of all calls to customer service. This way they can't say "we never would tell you blah, blah"