Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,014 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Lionhartsmh's Posts

Not that i know of. On Apr 1, 2014, at 8:45 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <
Its ben reset, and using the speedtest app I seem to be ranging from 0.21-0.53 Mbps download, and 0.09-0.13 Mbps upload at my house over multiple tests.
Recently having issues in numerous stores in and around the 53546 zip code. My background is in science, so I am aware the composition of the construction of the building can degrade signals, or... See more...
Recently having issues in numerous stores in and around the 53546 zip code. My background is in science, so I am aware the composition of the construction of the building can degrade signals, or create a faraday cage which can do the same. But considering the close proximity to a major interstate the data interruptions don't seem consistent with the quality of service I would normally expect from Verizon I'm utilizing an iphone 4s, and lately my data usage has been minimal as over the last few months, but days where I'm not on wifi I usually use between 100-300mb.
Thats for the email. I've known about the extender, but to be fank I'm not a big fan of the idea. Specifically paying $250 for a device to use my own broadband, for service. But service at my ... See more...
Thats for the email. I've known about the extender, but to be fank I'm not a big fan of the idea. Specifically paying $250 for a device to use my own broadband, for service. But service at my house is not the only problem, I seem to always be loosing data and swtching to a 1x while shopping various stores in my new town. Which in many ways is ridiculous considering most of those stores are only a mile or less from interstate 39. Like many people in my current contract (grandfathered with unlimited data) I just have to figure out if I will be staying with VZW in a few months when my contract expires. If so then perhaps I'll look at getting an extender.
As the title says I was wondering if anyone knows how to get an answer from VZW on if they are working on improving service in a particular area.  Janesville, WI to be exact.  I'm asking hear, be... See more...
As the title says I was wondering if anyone knows how to get an answer from VZW on if they are working on improving service in a particular area.  Janesville, WI to be exact.  I'm asking hear, because I assume the general customer service guys on the phone or in the stores probably dont have that kind of info. Not to complain too much, especially since I dont know how often VZW reps read these, but moved to a new area in January and service is subpar from everywhere else I lived.  Constantly dropping calls in my house, and 50% of the time I'm in a building in town I seem to be on 1x data instead of 3g (iphone 4s).  Heck my buddy, who back in the day used to be on Cingular, is now making fun of it. But anyways, my contract is up in June, and was wondering whats the best way to find out if they will be doing any improvements to the area?