Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,025 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

toga1530's Posts

The Jetpac was on a two year contract.  The contract expired and it went month to month, then out of the blue it was back on a contract without my authorization.  Since this posting I have discov... See more...
The Jetpac was on a two year contract.  The contract expired and it went month to month, then out of the blue it was back on a contract without my authorization.  Since this posting I have discovered it is back on a month to month plan.  No word from Verizon.  I will be removing the Jetpac from service.  Hopefully it will not be an issue again.
It was not on a contract at all. I was paying monthly off contract as I needed a hotspot.  This is typical Verizon, your always right and lousy data plans.
It was on an monthly payment plan as the 2 year contract ended. They did give me a $10.00 discount to 1/15/16. Then I checked a few weeks later and it was back on a contract, the discount was rem... See more...
It was on an monthly payment plan as the 2 year contract ended. They did give me a $10.00 discount to 1/15/16. Then I checked a few weeks later and it was back on a contract, the discount was removed and the new contract date is April 22, 2016.  No way will I do any more business with Verizon after this.  Once my tablet is out of contract I am moving on.
This was not set up on a two year contract. It previously was apprx. 3 years ago and has been monthly pre pay ever since.  I only asked if there were any promotional discounts available once a pl... See more...
This was not set up on a two year contract. It previously was apprx. 3 years ago and has been monthly pre pay ever since.  I only asked if there were any promotional discounts available once a placed a Tablet on a two year contract. At the time of this call, the Jetpack was still month to month, go back and look at the bills. The rep. said she could offer a 10% discount on the Jetpack $20 line charge. I agreed. There was never any mention of a one year contract being required and I did not ask for one.  The rep. put the discount as available for 12 months. I did not ask for that either. I just wanted to keep the Jetpack for 3 months in case I had trouble with the Tablet hotspot. Please read all of the repsonses I have written to get the full meaning.
Your wrong. Don't assume I was told there was a 1 year contract  involved.  There was no mention of it or I would have removed the Jetpack immediatley. I have looked looked thru my documents a... See more...
Your wrong. Don't assume I was told there was a 1 year contract  involved.  There was no mention of it or I would have removed the Jetpack immediatley. I have looked looked thru my documents and there is not one there, do not patronize me. Since nothing has been done, I will be contacting the Director  via certified mail and keep shopping for another carrier of which there are many in my area now. $175.00 fee after I have paid $60.00 on already?  The year contract comes out to $120.00.  $10x12 months is $120.00.  That is a scam.  Upper management will be hering from me.  I would be will willing to stop the Jetpack service now and call it even.  I have had the same device for over 3years, it has been more than payed for.  now the FCC comes to mind as well as the BBB.
Maybe so, but the CSV Rep. did not inform me of this or I would not have done it. I would have removed the jetpack from service while it was under a monthly pay. This is just more deception by... See more...
Maybe so, but the CSV Rep. did not inform me of this or I would not have done it. I would have removed the jetpack from service while it was under a monthly pay. This is just more deception by Verizon. If it involved a contract, why was I not offered to upgrade the Jetpack at that time for .99 cents. This needs to be resolved. I want the jetpack and the discount off my account. I do not use it.  It appears this cannot be done in this forum so I will turn to management at the call center. You want to charge the cancellation fee, good luck.  There is competition where I live now that will pay the termination fee and I might as well move the tablet also. One month after another, there is some type of scam from Verizon usually involving Data usage. I've had it.  Fix the misrepresentation of this discount/contract or lose my business.  I will be contacting management during business hours.
I recently tried to remove my Jetpack from Verizon service and was told it was on a Contract until 01/22/15. [Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] ?  It has been monthly fo... See more...
I recently tried to remove my Jetpack from Verizon service and was told it was on a Contract until 01/22/15. [Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] ?  It has been monthly for over a year and a half. Scenario, I purchased a Verizon tablet which had a hotspot. No need for the Jetpack. I kept the Jetpack for a couple of months in case there were problems with the Tablet.  I asked the Customer Service rep. I was eligible for any promotional discounts to offset keeping the Jetpack.  She said yes, due to your long term and on time payment schedule I was qualified for the Loyalty Customer discount. $10.00 off the Jetpack line charge. I thought, not bad. I called two days ago to remove the Jetpack as it was under an monthly plan.  The rep. informed me that it had been changed to an "Annual" contract and i could not remove it with out paying $175.00.  I never was informed of this or sent any documentation to this effect.  I did not authorize it. Now let's do some simple math. If it is a contract for 1 year at $10.00 per month that equates to $120.00 a year. They want to charge me $175.00 to cancel, especially after paying 5 months of this fee.  Something smells and I intend to pursue it here and at the call center. I've been [removed] once again. What will Verizon do to resolve this? Let me out of the contract, promotional data, an upgrade to a new Jetpack at .99 for the remainder of the 1 year contract?  This is info. for Verizon users and a question for Verizon support. Thank you, Kevin                   
I know what the MAC is, but am not sure what the filter is. But could use some education.
I'm going to spend some more time with it this weekend. My dad gave it to me and he was able to use it for Data only, so I'm going to walk thru the process with him to see if I'm missing somethin... See more...
I'm going to spend some more time with it this weekend. My dad gave it to me and he was able to use it for Data only, so I'm going to walk thru the process with him to see if I'm missing something or messed something up...ha...
I've been trying to connect a Droid 3 to my Jetpack for Data only services. The "Sales" weenies said it could not be done.  I worked with CSV and a tech. for over an hour, but since they could no... See more...
I've been trying to connect a Droid 3 to my Jetpack for Data only services. The "Sales" weenies said it could not be done.  I worked with CSV and a tech. for over an hour, but since they could not see what was happening they were unable to help. Everyone at Verizon has confirmed you can connect a Smartphone to a hotspot except the sales guys at the brick and mortar store. The other day I pulled out an old Devour, bypassed the Moto Blur login screen and had service right off the bat!  So I was right. Still can't get the Droid to connect.  It constantly connects and disconnects. So it sees the signal. I just don't know why it won't stay connected.
You have to wait for them to wake up. I finally opted for the 1 1/2 hour phone call.   ha...ha...
It is a scam. I never used to have these issues with Verizon. They're trying everything in the book to cause data usage.  I have fought with them for 1 year on various data issues. And proved the... See more...
It is a scam. I never used to have these issues with Verizon. They're trying everything in the book to cause data usage.  I have fought with them for 1 year on various data issues. And proved them wrong.  At one point they hit me with 8 gig of usage in 4 days of my billing cycle.  17,000 pages of data. They could prove nothing so they deleted the whole thing.  This was at the same time they had Data issues with Netflix. Any more problems with data usage and I walk the contract. It does not hit your credit report hard, more like a medical bill. Creditors over look them. Especially other carriers
I hope this answers your question.  The Settings are within Chromes browser.  There are several, I use only two. ADKILLER & ADBLOCKSUPER.  Using other will slow your response time.  These two not... See more...
I hope this answers your question.  The Settings are within Chromes browser.  There are several, I use only two. ADKILLER & ADBLOCKSUPER.  Using other will slow your response time.  These two not only block ads in Chrome, but in Facebook, Yahoo, and across the web on search engine pages and other websites. No "Flashing ads", or ads that redirect you.  I'm just using an old 2005 XP right now, so as long as you use Google Chrome they should work.  I've scanned them and tested both for 4 weeks. No problems. At times it will block Adobe from starting a video, all you do is click on where the video whould be and it comes right up.  I would think banishing all these ads saves data also. If you need more, let me know.
Done, I found that trick in FB a while back on the Auto play.  Google Chrome also allows you to turn off all ads accross the Net if you want.  Not sure if this is possible on a tablet?
I'm assuming that I need to verify there are no background apps. running on the Tablet when I use it as a hotspot. Facebook and Gmail are typical culprits, but not sure if they would make much di... See more...
I'm assuming that I need to verify there are no background apps. running on the Tablet when I use it as a hotspot. Facebook and Gmail are typical culprits, but not sure if they would make much diff.
I recently added a Elipses 7 to my Data only account. I have been using a Jetpack. Question is, I don't need two mobile hotspots. Will using the tablet use more Data than the Jetpack in connectin... See more...
I recently added a Elipses 7 to my Data only account. I have been using a Jetpack. Question is, I don't need two mobile hotspots. Will using the tablet use more Data than the Jetpack in connecting 1 laptop? I'd like to drop the Jetpack if the data usage is the same.
I experienved the same thing with my data plan on the Jetpack. 7 days after my new billing cycle I noticed there was 7 gig used.  I don't use that in 30 days. I never go over 5gig in a billing cy... See more...
I experienved the same thing with my data plan on the Jetpack. 7 days after my new billing cycle I noticed there was 7 gig used.  I don't use that in 30 days. I never go over 5gig in a billing cycle.  I looked at their detail page and there were "17,000" pages of data.  Some data in large amounts I could not account for, but I know I was not online at 2am.  The other issue is you can turn off all your devices, but Verizon still pings your JetPack for data. This didn't start until after two years of using the device.  In order to avoid this I have to turn off the Jetpack and "Also" unplug it as it can magically come back on.  Verizon has done something that is ripping us off while charging more & more for data.  After 3 two hour phone calls I got it resolved.  They just deleted anything that looked bogus. Probably because I was about to blow a fuse.  I'd like to see a Class Action lawsuit.
I appreciate your input, but a data plan is all that is needed if you do not set up the phone for talk/text with a BTN. Prior to this I connected a Devour with data only and the two previous own... See more...
I appreciate your input, but a data plan is all that is needed if you do not set up the phone for talk/text with a BTN. Prior to this I connected a Devour with data only and the two previous owners of this droid used it as data only.  I think I just have a tech problem. So, I will battle my way thru CSV to get to the tech. dept.  They usually fix me up quick, unless it's a billing issue. ha...ha...
I do have a Verizon Data Plan as well as a Jetpack mobile hotspot.  It connects with no problem and provides wi-fi to my laptop.  The Droid 3 data settings and hotspot pick up internet signal a... See more...
I do have a Verizon Data Plan as well as a Jetpack mobile hotspot.  It connects with no problem and provides wi-fi to my laptop.  The Droid 3 data settings and hotspot pick up internet signal and the laptop shows it is trying to connect, but will not.  This an XP laptop, but I had no trouble connecting it to the Jetpack.  Verizon said it should work if the Jetpack works. I'm trying to avoid the usual 2 hour phone call to the tech dept. 
Have  a Droid 3 that has a hotspot. Have tried every setting configuration, but cannot connect to the Internet. There is no phone # associated with it as I do not want voice / Text.  Any one have... See more...
Have  a Droid 3 that has a hotspot. Have tried every setting configuration, but cannot connect to the Internet. There is no phone # associated with it as I do not want voice / Text.  Any one have the correct way to set up the mobile hotspot?