Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,790 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

DolceDolce's Posts

To the smart aleck who wrote this to me: "You THINK you've changed nothing. Look at the phone it will tell you which app used the data that will solve your problem. Verizon is not adding data.... See more...
To the smart aleck who wrote this to me: "You THINK you've changed nothing. Look at the phone it will tell you which app used the data that will solve your problem. Verizon is not adding data. PERIOD' If you really think that report them.  The the FCC and the local authorities for theft of services. let us know how that works out for you." Here's my update: worked out for me fine.  Per Headline News:  The FTC is currently investigating Verizon over claims of data fraud.  So yes, they were reported not just by me, but by several others, and an investigation has been started.
This is an update to my post - I am the original poster of this thread.  I wanted to let you all know that I've decided to sent a letter to our Attorney General and include a link to my post. Thi... See more...
This is an update to my post - I am the original poster of this thread.  I wanted to let you all know that I've decided to sent a letter to our Attorney General and include a link to my post. This way the AG can conduct due diligence and start to investigate this further.   Companies can take advantage of you, although not all will do that.  I believe it was Verizon who was already investigated and found guilty of charging bogus line items on customer's phone bills.  To think that a big company wouldn't expose themselves to jail time or lawsuits or a fine is ridiculous.  Companies have long taken advantage of customers in order to drive profits and please shareholders. I will not have this, and I know those of us who have experienced the same mysterious data usage charges, that we stand united.  I will keep you posted on any updates!
I understand your message, but I don't think you understand mine. I have changed nothing.  In June, if my phone was on my desk, it would maybe use only 64kb of data. Today, with all apps off a... See more...
I understand your message, but I don't think you understand mine. I have changed nothing.  In June, if my phone was on my desk, it would maybe use only 64kb of data. Today, with all apps off and everything disconnected, it used 24MB. I've spent over a week analyzing every minute detail of every supposed data usage, event, monitoring apps and usage.  There is an issue.  It's not with the apps, my usage or the phone.  It's will Verizon's calculations. My main issue here is that "what I used to be able to do effortlessly and without view under a microscope" only amounted to 100 MB data for the entire month.  Now, I hit that mark within a 4 day period of much less usage. There is a problem.  And it exists with Verizon.  Not the operating system. Thanks for trying to help. I'm really looking for anyone else who had a similar problem, how did they fix it, and if they left Verizon, and if so, to which company. While 1,000 may be an average, these were very plain pages. For 20 pages to have caused 49 MB of data I calculations, something is very very wrong.  That would mean that I will at the most be able to view 100 a month under my data plan, which clearly tells me I can view 1,000 (yes, we know that's an average), but that wasn't the only thing it said I could do, it said also 1 hours of video. There is no way! This is a marketing tactic on page 1 of Verizon's Homepage to get new subscribers. It's a very deceptive marketing technique. And my problem still exists. What I used to be able to do all month long for X amount of data is now being consumed in 4 days for identical data. Hopefully someone with similar experience as mine will post next.  Thanks for your feedback.
Verizon is billing for data that we have not used!  Today, I did nothing with my phone and I have a 24.50MB of usage already!  It's ridiculous.  I've called, and nobody can get to the root of the... See more...
Verizon is billing for data that we have not used!  Today, I did nothing with my phone and I have a 24.50MB of usage already!  It's ridiculous.  I've called, and nobody can get to the root of the problem.  The rep today argued with me on every point, and he kept giving me blanket statements like "apps run in the background." I told him they were all on forced stop, and that phone showed no apps running.  Then he tells me Facebook and Twitter use data, and I told him I don't even have a FB or Twitter account!  It is so easy for a big company to put the blame on the customer! I believe Verizon must have a behind-the-scenes program that runs alongside each person's account to artificially report and bill on data, forcing people to change into higher data plans by giving the false appearance that they are using this much. For the last 3 days I had all apps stopped with a forced stop setting, and still managed to incur data. Last week I used 20 webpages via mobile and it said I had utilized 49MB of data for that. How is it then, that on the homepage of Verizon it states I should be able to view 1,000 webpage (for my plan), and when I looked at 20, it tallied up to 49MB. This is very scrupulous and I believe Verizon is data gouging customers. What I have done is turned my mobile data connection off permanently. We will see if any data charges accrue over the next few weeks. I will be viewing the data reporting and will be preparing a letter for our State's Attorney General next week, as well as collecting other complaints/reports of this issue. This problem seems to have cropped up in the past several months. My theory is that Verizon knew they were rolling out these new plans in order to try and compete with the other providers who were already offering better plans without contract.  In ramping up to make this move to more affordable access, they found a way to pad the reporting of data usage. I am extremely unhappy with Verizon and the lack of resolve here. So I basically am not able to use a service that I pay for (data) for concern that I will go over. I went back and researched all bills this year, and I haven't changed any patterns in my interactions with my phone, and in fact, have used it a lot less due to more pressing commitments right now. Unsavory and deceitful business practices, in my opinion! And I'm sure it's only a matter of time until this is proven true.