Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,470 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

inntheboat's Posts

Sorry, Tidbits, but there is no way for you to know what percentage of users have the T3. Fact is, T-Mobile has a Note 4 on 5.1.1. To your second comment, I appreciate you pointing out the ot... See more...
Sorry, Tidbits, but there is no way for you to know what percentage of users have the T3. Fact is, T-Mobile has a Note 4 on 5.1.1. To your second comment, I appreciate you pointing out the other issue with Verizon. At least T-Mobile informs their customers about their upgrade plans! I have no idea if I'm going to get 5.1.1, let alone 6.0.
I would actually be okay if Verizon went straight to 6.0 Marshmallow if they were one of the first carriers to release it (meaning January time frame). My concern is they've started working on 6.... See more...
I would actually be okay if Verizon went straight to 6.0 Marshmallow if they were one of the first carriers to release it (meaning January time frame). My concern is they've started working on 6.0 and it will be next August before we get it. T-Mobile has one variant on 5.1.1 (the T3), so some people are attempting exchanges/returns in order to get that variant. Sprint and AT&T of course have had it for quite some time. Lots of rumors going around that 5.1.1 will be pushed by the end of the month, but I think that's purely speculation at this point.
Well at the end of the day, Verizon is my service provider (and who I purchased my phone through — at a premium price, I might add!) and Samsung is the phone manufacturer. Therefore, I blame b... See more...
Well at the end of the day, Verizon is my service provider (and who I purchased my phone through — at a premium price, I might add!) and Samsung is the phone manufacturer. Therefore, I blame both. I don't blame Google — they released 5.1.1 in April which fixes many of the bugs that a lot of users are having. It's Samsung and/or Verizon that's holding it up. I shouldn't have to worry about updates crippling a high-dollar phone for extended periods of time. I understand an update with issues, but those should be resolved quickly. Google did that, Verizon and Samsung have not. In general, the carrier update policy is flawed. Note, I did not say that the Android update policy is flawed — the Nexus line has it figured out. That's why my only resolution at this point is to leave Verizon and Samsung.
If you like updates, Verizon and Samsung are the last companies you want to do business with! They are both terribly slow, so put them together, and you're bound to wait months for an update. ... See more...
If you like updates, Verizon and Samsung are the last companies you want to do business with! They are both terribly slow, so put them together, and you're bound to wait months for an update. Lollipop 5.1.1 was released in April and we're still waiting. I've given up at this point and have just decided to not do business with either next time I'm ready to purchase.
Still no date, though. 😕
Amazing that people have an excuse for Verizon. Mark, you're not the only one waiting: We're waiting on the 5.1.1 update, Verizon!
Lol look at this post: Where is Android 4.4 KitKat for the Verizon Galaxy Note 3?!? Classic Verizon.
You're right, stargazer. Turns out that's an update from August for the S5 (Stagefright fix). Looks like that site is just looking for some hits. So, Verizon, we're still waiting!
Some hope? http://www.vcpost.com/articles/89739/20150909/android-5-1-lollipop-verizon-s-samsung-galaxy-note-4.htm
A A Ron on Twitter: "any indication on 5.1.1 update for note 4 ? @VZWSupport"
Eh, that part was irrelevant to me anyway. I don't want to root, don't know how to root, and to be completely honest, can't say with certainly that I even know what rooting really is. Give me 5.1... See more...
Eh, that part was irrelevant to me anyway. I don't want to root, don't know how to root, and to be completely honest, can't say with certainly that I even know what rooting really is. Give me 5.1.1 and I'm happy.
"It is amazing how few posts there are in the Verizon Note 4 forum about anything other than hopes and frustrations. Hop over to the T-mobile Note 4 forum, and the place is buzzing with customiza... See more...
"It is amazing how few posts there are in the Verizon Note 4 forum about anything other than hopes and frustrations. Hop over to the T-mobile Note 4 forum, and the place is buzzing with customization and root and activity. Just visiting Verizon's section is totally depressing. They even have the Note 5 rooted - if you don't care about "samsung pay", which I dont.... there are awesome things going on there. What a difference. Just sayin." (via SO frustrated with the note 4:( - Post #15 - XDA Forums) Soooo, Verizon, any update yet?
Thanks, Chapman. I got on chat with Samsung but they wouldn't tell me anything. Guess this is why people are ditching Samsung and Verizon!
Looks like Note Edge owners are waiting, too! witty name goes here on Twitter: "@VZWSupport hey! I was wondering if there is a timetable for the Note Edge getting 5.1…
Yes, Anthony, nothing against you, but a factory reset does not work. The fact is is that our phones need the 5.1.1 update to perform the way they should be. Sprint users have it. The European va... See more...
Yes, Anthony, nothing against you, but a factory reset does not work. The fact is is that our phones need the 5.1.1 update to perform the way they should be. Sprint users have it. The European variant (N910F) has it. Verizon will be the last to have it. Verizon and Samsung are just awful at supporting their devices. Treat your customers right and you won't need commercials like this, begging customers to "come back home": Verizon Commercial 2015 Magnificent Geese - YouTube
https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxynote4/comments/3jon3w/not_bad_battery_life_for_just_upgrading_to_511/ "I can say the same. Upgraded to 5.1.1 and everything is better. The "recent apps" lag is... See more...
https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxynote4/comments/3jon3w/not_bad_battery_life_for_just_upgrading_to_511/ "I can say the same. Upgraded to 5.1.1 and everything is better. The "recent apps" lag is completely gone and the battery life is great." Hmm, guess we'll just have to take their word on it.
Another one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-verizon/general/frustrated-note-4-t3193909
No, I am using the default Touchwiz launcher. Thanks for the suggestion, though!
Note 4 5.1.1 update | Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums
Agreed. It is ridiculous. Verizon is the largest cell phone provider and always the last for updates. Join the club: when when when when when is the Note 4 getting 5.1.1? We're waiting on the... See more...
Agreed. It is ridiculous. Verizon is the largest cell phone provider and always the last for updates. Join the club: when when when when when is the Note 4 getting 5.1.1? We're waiting on the 5.1.1 update, Verizon! Dominic Hudson on Twitter: "@VZWSupport When will android 5.1.1 will be available for Note 4?" Dominic Hudson on Twitter: "@Android Hello do you know when Verizon will launch Android 5.1.1 for Note 4?" 5.1.1 Howard Turner on Twitter: "@VZWSupport has Android 5.1 been released by Verizon for the Note 4?" https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxynote4/comments/3j8hlb/any_updated_bloatware_list_for_verizon/ https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxynote4/comments/3j94ek/vzw_note_4_update_issues/ https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxynote4/comments/3j56im/five_reasons_to_hold_on_to_your_galaxy_note_4_and/cummkmi HORIZONx720 comments on SM-N910F starts receiving 5.1.1 in Europe