Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,428 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

zitsky's Posts

After Android Pie 9.0 I have labels on the top row of icons but not the buttom.  Is this normal?
There are several reports of problems just in this forum.  I'll keep googling to see if this OS is stable. I'm stating the obvious, but this update could fix a lot of problems or cause new one... See more...
There are several reports of problems just in this forum.  I'll keep googling to see if this OS is stable. I'm stating the obvious, but this update could fix a lot of problems or cause new ones.  I've previously had problems with the power saving feature that would cause trouble with networked apps.  And I have Pandora which I use a lot which shouldn't be affected by an OS upgrade but who knows. Maybe it will fix the power problem, maybe not.  If there is no way to back out, it could be pretty painful.
I can see the update is available on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ phone.  I think because I have *not* been on Wifi recently, it has not downloaded the update yet.  And so, it has not forced me to do th... See more...
I can see the update is available on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ phone.  I think because I have *not* been on Wifi recently, it has not downloaded the update yet.  And so, it has not forced me to do the update.  I see reports of a few problems and want to skip this update, at least for right now.  Can anyone tell me how I can block this update from installing?  My phone is *not* rooted.
Problem is fixed after uninstalling app backup and restore.
I just noticed that in small hard to read type above this box it says: "App Backup & Restore"  -- what??? I can find no setting in this app that has anything to do with making calls.  Biza... See more...
I just noticed that in small hard to read type above this box it says: "App Backup & Restore"  -- what??? I can find no setting in this app that has anything to do with making calls.  Bizarre.
For the last few days, after ending a call I get this window coming up that I have to dismiss.  It has a cartoon figure/avatar of a person talking on a cell phone.  I have no idea where this is c... See more...
For the last few days, after ending a call I get this window coming up that I have to dismiss.  It has a cartoon figure/avatar of a person talking on a cell phone.  I have no idea where this is coming from.  Advanced Calling is off.  Maybe it's my antivirus software.  It's always asking me to do something that is more of a pain than it is helpful.  But I can't imagine how it could be connected to this call menu/window.                                    X                     <cartoon guy> Call Ended: min:sec <Call>  <Message> If someone can tell me how to take a screenshot on this phone I will try to post something.
I had problems texting but problem is resolved.  It was a general question about updates.
Problem is solved.  Person I'm texting got a new Verizon phone.  Was att.
Problem solved after other person got a new Verizon phone.  Was att.
Standard messages app. No 3rd party Problem solved after person I am texting got new phone on Verizon (was att) Would be nice to know if delivery reports are saved anywhere.
Yes I can send messages to other users. This problem started 1 week ago. No error messages!!!!!
I can't find a thread about this.  Feel free to point me there.  It's simple.  When will Galaxy S9+ get an update to 8.1 or later?  Is it even out yet?  8.0.0 I'm sure has bugs.  I'm seeing thing... See more...
I can't find a thread about this.  Feel free to point me there.  It's simple.  When will Galaxy S9+ get an update to 8.1 or later?  Is it even out yet?  8.0.0 I'm sure has bugs.  I'm seeing things like Wifi not working correctly etc.
I'm having trouble texting to non-Verizon phone numbers.  I can receive texts, I just can't send.  Does anyone else have this problem?
Delivery confirmation reports of SMS messages/texts.
They only show as a quick message, then disappear.  Is there any way to *view* the reports?  I'm noticing that I'm only getting reports for certain contacts not all.  To be clear, I am not gettin... See more...
They only show as a quick message, then disappear.  Is there any way to *view* the reports?  I'm noticing that I'm only getting reports for certain contacts not all.  To be clear, I am not getting unable to send reports, just a confirmation or nothing at all.
This is not specific to Samsung Galaxy S9+ but I don't know where to start.  A few days ago I lost the ability to text someone.  We can call each other.  I can get his texts but when I reply, he ... See more...
This is not specific to Samsung Galaxy S9+ but I don't know where to start.  A few days ago I lost the ability to text someone.  We can call each other.  I can get his texts but when I reply, he never gets my messages.  We've both been through our phone settings.  We're not blocked as far as we can tell. He's about to get a new phone with Verizon (was AT&T).  Maybe this problem will go away.  But if the problem is with my Galaxy S9+ then it could still happen. Yes I have texted other people and I can send and receive as expected.
I have used this phone Samsung Galaxy S5 on international trips before under the old system, not with Travel Pass.  Can anyone tell me how to configure this phone for international usage?  I reme... See more...
I have used this phone Samsung Galaxy S5 on international trips before under the old system, not with Travel Pass.  Can anyone tell me how to configure this phone for international usage?  I remember needing to select some other provider on a previous trip, but I don't remember the details.  I also don't know if something has changed with Travel Pass that requires you to configure your phone differently. I will certainly call Verizon if that is the best way to get an answer. Thank you very much!
I just did the Marshmallow upgrade to Android 6.0 and I'm sorry I did it.  Pandora isn't working with my car anymore.  From Pandora I get "buffering".  From car I get "no artist info loading".  I... See more...
I just did the Marshmallow upgrade to Android 6.0 and I'm sorry I did it.  Pandora isn't working with my car anymore.  From Pandora I get "buffering".  From car I get "no artist info loading".  It was working fine with Android 5.0.  Obviously Pandora needs to update their app for Android 6.  I am really upset that I did this update.  I'm trying to find out if it's possible to downgrade.
I'm seeing reduced battery life but I can't be sure if it is because of the last update or the one before it.  I'm currently at G900VVRU2BOG5.  Lately if I charge my battery overnight, it lasts f... See more...
I'm seeing reduced battery life but I can't be sure if it is because of the last update or the one before it.  I'm currently at G900VVRU2BOG5.  Lately if I charge my battery overnight, it lasts from about 7am to 5pm when it used to last until 8 or 9pm.  Under the battery monitor, the "Android OS" item is the top battery drain and "Android System" is usually near the top. Anyone have any ideas?