Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,544 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

D_Zimmerman's Posts

My daughter has a Moto Z2 Play and it will randomly shut itself off.  It's not a battery issue because when you get it powered back on it will have anywhere from 40% up.  It's an instant shutdown... See more...
My daughter has a Moto Z2 Play and it will randomly shut itself off.  It's not a battery issue because when you get it powered back on it will have anywhere from 40% up.  It's an instant shutdown.  To get the phone started again I had to hold the power button for about 10 seconds.  This just started within the past week or so. I checked to see if it needed an update but it showed current. It happens both Wifi and network. It has happened in multiple activities...listening to music, VOIP phone, regular phone, no clear pattern. Has anyone had any odd issues with random power downs like this?
Good point. I was focusing on teh account. I forgot the big G makes Android. I'll try those.
I have a Droid Turbo 2.  This past weekend Google made me change my password.  I'm able to get into the account on my home and work computers just fine.  The 2 factor authentication is working fi... See more...
I have a Droid Turbo 2.  This past weekend Google made me change my password.  I'm able to get into the account on my home and work computers just fine.  The 2 factor authentication is working fine too.  This is not a Google issue.  Android asked me to enter my password, which I did after I changed it on the computer.  I put in the authentication code and it says that "There seems to be a problem. Please try again later." I am able to get logged using the browser and going to Google just fine. I need to know what to do on the Android system to get the memory cache cleared so I can get this account active again on the phone.
Well....I spoke too soon. I did a restart before bed last night.  I woke up not to a shut down phone, but a frozen one. The green charge light was on, even after I unplugged it, and had to rem... See more...
Well....I spoke too soon. I did a restart before bed last night.  I woke up not to a shut down phone, but a frozen one. The green charge light was on, even after I unplugged it, and had to remove the battery to reset it.  Oddly enough it knew that it was supposed to be on when I put the battery back in...as in I didn't need to power it on because it started booting back up automatically. I haven't added or removed any apps since the last time.  I'm now also seeing that the freezing times are approximately 2 weeks apart. Again...the only connecting factor is that I had the wireless active when I went to bed. I will examine if I can get by without a truly useful phone for 2 weeks....I'll let you know.
I understand the steps that need to be taken to determine what the issue is when it's something that hasn't been seen before...however, being that these incidents have happened weeks apart means ... See more...
I understand the steps that need to be taken to determine what the issue is when it's something that hasn't been seen before...however, being that these incidents have happened weeks apart means that the usefulness of even having this phone becomes zero if it is in safe mode. You can close this ticket as informational. I am not able to do the testing that goes into QA. I have started rebooting my phone nightly like I do my computer at work and I've not seen the issue come back yet. I hope that this information (scant as it is) makes its way back to Kyocera so they can double check their work. Thank you.
The trouble first appeared about 2 weeks ago.  As mentioned in the first post...the only thing that I can see matching is that the wireless was connected.  In both cases I hadn't installed any ap... See more...
The trouble first appeared about 2 weeks ago.  As mentioned in the first post...the only thing that I can see matching is that the wireless was connected.  In both cases I hadn't installed any apps in probably 72 hours and i was not actively doing anything with the phone.  I can't put the phone in safe mode as I need the applications that I've started using on it. The two times are almost 2 weeks apart and nothing seemed to trigger them.  I'll jsut monitor and see if there is anything else I can contribute for you. Sorry.
I have a Kyocera Hydro.  Nice phone and very little that I find wrong with it except one thing. I have had this phone randomly shut down on me 2 times now.  Once it was in the middle of the ni... See more...
I have a Kyocera Hydro.  Nice phone and very little that I find wrong with it except one thing. I have had this phone randomly shut down on me 2 times now.  Once it was in the middle of the night when it was plugged in and charged fully. The second time it was at my desk at work.  It was not plugged in with over 50% battery and sitting in my satchel. In order to get the phone back up again I need to pull the battery from the back and re-seat it. The only common factor that I have managed to pull from both of these incidents is that the WiFi was connected.  There is no time of day, no specific event that happened before, nothing.  It's running 4.1.2. Anyone?