Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,895 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

MCPFail's Posts

similar... upgraded from verizon note 4 which had no issues.  Now I keep missing group texts.  Error in notification pull down area says "Can't get MMS: timeout, tap to retry".  And tapping doesn... See more...
similar... upgraded from verizon note 4 which had no issues.  Now I keep missing group texts.  Error in notification pull down area says "Can't get MMS: timeout, tap to retry".  And tapping doesn't help. Verizon enough of us with random issues... help.  sumtingwong!
Mine is slightly pink glow around all edges including the top.  No setting fixes it.  If the software update next week doesn't fix it, or doesn't come, I'll definitely be exchanging. Anyone cu... See more...
Mine is slightly pink glow around all edges including the top.  No setting fixes it.  If the software update next week doesn't fix it, or doesn't come, I'll definitely be exchanging. Anyone curious to see if they notice the same, pull down the notification bar and go into the settings (tap the gear icon).  This brings up a full white screen with your settings.  On this screen it is easy for me to notice all the pinkish / reddish frame around the entire screen. 
I updated the security update today, and now my phone's "systems update" screen says "software not updated to N910VVRU2CPJ2 FAILED DEC 6 ERROR CODE 410."  What does this mean? However, the abo... See more...
I updated the security update today, and now my phone's "systems update" screen says "software not updated to N910VVRU2CPJ2 FAILED DEC 6 ERROR CODE 410."  What does this mean? However, the about screen shows the build N910VVRU2CPJ2 with Android Security Patch Level Nov 1 2016.  so conflicting information?  So what's right?  Or did my update get half baked?
My phone is encrypted per company policy, including the SD card.  No choice in the matter.  I cannot decrypt SD card.  The data is all backed up into the cloud so no worries there.  I store all m... See more...
My phone is encrypted per company policy, including the SD card.  No choice in the matter.  I cannot decrypt SD card.  The data is all backed up into the cloud so no worries there.  I store all my photos and have music, etc. on my SD card which is encrypted by the Android OS.  I chose to encrypt all but mp3s (samsung option when encrypting).  All worked fine until the last update.  Since the last update, my phone seems to "lose" visibility to the content of my SD card.  It knows it is there, but after 24-48 hours, the data on that card is not readable by the phone.  What I mean is I see, for example, the photos thumbnails (garbled) but cannot open them.  I go to my music player, and there are "no songs on the device".  Odd since the music shouldn't have been encrypted in the first place. Left with no other option I do a full reboot.  After I reboot, and then click the drop down for SD encryption, all the data shows up perfectly fine for another 24-48 hours.  Questions: Is anyone else running an encrypted SD card?  Is your music encrypted?  Are you experiencing this?  Just wondering if anyone else sees this issue.  Also I've noticed my phone soft reboots in my pocket every few days since the update.
Lollipop 5.0.1 was pushed out for us on our flagships in a rush to market (April 2015).  I was initially excited until I began to experience the 40-50 pages of issues in the other thread, and usi... See more...
Lollipop 5.0.1 was pushed out for us on our flagships in a rush to market (April 2015).  I was initially excited until I began to experience the 40-50 pages of issues in the other thread, and using my phone from outlet to outlet.  It was like I had a land line again 😕  Then Samsung concentrated on the Note 5, the S series, and forgot about us on the Note 4.  That update ruined our batteries and our experience.  Finally a few weeks ago this year Verizon pushed down 5.1.1 which was actually finished by Samsung last December.  I firmly believe Verizon was never going to push down 5.1.1 but Samsung forced the issue since 5.1.1 was a pre-req for 6.  It isn't worth finger pointing at this point but finally I feel like after 9 months and having to buy myself a new battery I have a working phone again.  I'm fine if Samsung and Verizon never push down another update to my Note 4 phone again.  Ever.
Be sure you order a Samsung original OEM battery.  Many on Amazon are fakes.  Also, this is why I didn't upgrade to the Note 5 and the note 6 better have a user replaceable battery option, or I w... See more...
Be sure you order a Samsung original OEM battery.  Many on Amazon are fakes.  Also, this is why I didn't upgrade to the Note 5 and the note 6 better have a user replaceable battery option, or I will look to a different manufacturer.
Updates are exciting!
@llamee see my recommendation on the other thread to get yourself a new battery.  Be sure it is OEM and not counterfeit. To everyone else, I know this isn't scientific, but normally I'd have l... See more...
@llamee see my recommendation on the other thread to get yourself a new battery.  Be sure it is OEM and not counterfeit. To everyone else, I know this isn't scientific, but normally I'd have lost at least 5-7+% in the last 90 minutes.  However, after an hour I looked at my battery and it still said 100%!  Right now it's at 98% after 90 minutes.  According to the battery meter I can get through the rest of today, and all of tomorrow without a charge.
Hi, I know you're angry and rightly so.  As I said above I was in the same boat.  PLEASE do yourself a favor and try buying a single new battery.  See if it fixes either of your phones.  Be sure ... See more...
Hi, I know you're angry and rightly so.  As I said above I was in the same boat.  PLEASE do yourself a favor and try buying a single new battery.  See if it fixes either of your phones.  Be sure it isn't a counterfeit battery and is Samsung OEM.  The Verizon store was out of batteries when I needed one.  so I bought http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NQG2XNC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage to ensure I'd get an OEM battery.
The upgrade just completed and took about 30 minutes.  5.1.1 Security Patch Level 2015-12-01 Baseband v: N910VVRU2BOK3 Kernel: 3.10.40 dpi@SWHD7323 #1 / Thurs Dec 3 19:27:41 KST 2015 Build:... See more...
The upgrade just completed and took about 30 minutes.  5.1.1 Security Patch Level 2015-12-01 Baseband v: N910VVRU2BOK3 Kernel: 3.10.40 dpi@SWHD7323 #1 / Thurs Dec 3 19:27:41 KST 2015 Build: LMY47X.N910VVRU2BOK3 Time will tell.
the lollipop update killed my phone to the point that I hated my note 4.  HAAAATED it.  Same issues as you with battery.  internally some cells just died.  I'd be charging at lunch and then after... See more...
the lollipop update killed my phone to the point that I hated my note 4.  HAAAATED it.  Same issues as you with battery.  internally some cells just died.  I'd be charging at lunch and then after dinner.  And finally it would get to 25ish percent and then just die in minutes.  I replaced the battery, and to my surprise nearly all my issues went away.  Overheating, odd performance, rebooting... nearly every problem.  Battery lasted decently all day again.  Only down to 75% by lunch. I believe the first lollipop update killed my battery slowly.  Subsiquently one of the 2 or 3 updates (5.0.1) fixed it but by then the battery damage was done. None of this helps your out of stock situation with Verizon and the battery.  What I did was bought the Amazon "Stock battery" that comes with the stock charger.  I made sure to get one sold by Amazon so I would be certain to get an OEM battery.  It was $35-40.  Perhaps you could tell Verizon to discount your bill $50 and you'll just order it from Amazon?
Me to, in Michigan.  Said "will take 17 minutes to install".  I charged up and letting it rip now.  I was going to update the other thread (the FAIL thread) but it is now locked by an admin.  Kud... See more...
Me to, in Michigan.  Said "will take 17 minutes to install".  I charged up and letting it rip now.  I was going to update the other thread (the FAIL thread) but it is now locked by an admin.  Kudos to Verizon for not locking it until now though.  I don't know how much space is needed, but I did have somewhere above 10G free.