Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,606 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

petersot's Posts

Ok, so I called VZW on Friday AM to get my phone replaced, they said it was going to be overnighted to me and should get it by Saturday AM. I still have not received the replacement. The issue I ... See more...
Ok, so I called VZW on Friday AM to get my phone replaced, they said it was going to be overnighted to me and should get it by Saturday AM. I still have not received the replacement. The issue I was having with the battery life went away after about 3-4x running the battery down to 0%. I don't think that the VZ Cloud backup did anything other than burn the battery down faster as WiFi was constantly on for several days in a row. My battery life is back to normal, if not better now and I am happy with the phone that I have and do not require a replacement ATT. Looks like there could be some (better?) proactive messaging from VZW on this issue and help customers set and manage their expectations when doing such a massive overhaul of their phone. I hope everyone has a bit of patience, even though it can be very discouraging and confusing.
Hi Joe, I think the issue is that my phone took over two days to sync 20+GB of data with Verizon Cloud. I hadn't turned this on, but found it turned on after installing Kitkat. Once I was able t... See more...
Hi Joe, I think the issue is that my phone took over two days to sync 20+GB of data with Verizon Cloud. I hadn't turned this on, but found it turned on after installing Kitkat. Once I was able to get through that, I did a 2x FDR and did not turn on Google+ or VZ Cloud to 'restore' photos and videos. I have been able to get through the last 3hrs, playing some graphics intensive games, and doing config stuff and I'm only down 10%. I think I may be back to normal. Unfortunately, I was still seeing problems early this morning before my 2nd FDR and VZW is sending me a replacement phone. Not sure if I will need it, but they are overnighting it to me, so I will have it by tomorrow. I'll see which one I like better and return the other. I'm letting this one just sit here for the next 3-5 hours and it shouldn't go down more than 1-2%/hr. Previously, it was going down 20-30% / hr while not on a charger and 5-10% / hr on a charger....ugh. Fingers crossed its fixed!
It looks like I am in the middle of a 20GB backup to VZ Cloud services. Everytime I get close to a wifi router everything turns back on to continue this backup. I'm seriously wondering if this is... See more...
It looks like I am in the middle of a 20GB backup to VZ Cloud services. Everytime I get close to a wifi router everything turns back on to continue this backup. I'm seriously wondering if this is what is causing everything to slow to a crawl. If it doesn't get resolved in the next day or so then I'm going to escalate for a replacement.
Just a side note that I tried turning on the BT and I couldn't get it to pair with my laptop. Also, I tried to do the wireless storage and that didn't turn on either. Presumably because my wifi a... See more...
Just a side note that I tried turning on the BT and I couldn't get it to pair with my laptop. Also, I tried to do the wireless storage and that didn't turn on either. Presumably because my wifi adapter is saturated with this other job...I tried to download and install a wifi file transfer and while it downloaded, it would not install. I think I'll be able to save off my important stuff via this Verizon Cloud sync.
Ok, I think I just found the culprit for my wifi being on 100%. Turns out that Verizon Cloud services are trying to backup my contacts, documents, messages, photos and videos. Looks like i have a... See more...
Ok, I think I just found the culprit for my wifi being on 100%. Turns out that Verizon Cloud services are trying to backup my contacts, documents, messages, photos and videos. Looks like i have another 6hrs and 12.4Gb of 23Gb of data to complete. My battery is down to 25% again. I'm hoping that once this massive sync/backup completes that my wifi will return to normal. I believe that may be what is killing my battery. I can't stop the sync right now, so I guess I'm just going to have to let it run its course. In the meantime I'm going to get a beefier charger 😉
Thanks, you may be right. As it is I've installed the Windows 8 drivers and I can't view my files on my phone. I keep getting the vz installer folder but can't browse dcim etc to get My photos o... See more...
Thanks, you may be right. As it is I've installed the Windows 8 drivers and I can't view my files on my phone. I keep getting the vz installer folder but can't browse dcim etc to get My photos or videos off. Also, when I've tried copying my videos off in the past they always get ruined because they are in a different format. Any thoughts on these issues? TIA
Also, my WiFi is on constantly even with no apps running. I tried wiresharking my packets but nothing showed up. Just the icon for Wi-Fi states that it is tx nd rx constantly. I'm down 2% batter... See more...
Also, my WiFi is on constantly even with no apps running. I tried wiresharking my packets but nothing showed up. Just the icon for Wi-Fi states that it is tx nd rx constantly. I'm down 2% battery on the time it takes for this post.
I did that twice yesterday, burn down to 0%, power off, charge to 100%, power back on. I started charging last night at 77% and this am it is at 73%. I'm going to let it burn down again, and try... See more...
I did that twice yesterday, burn down to 0%, power off, charge to 100%, power back on. I started charging last night at 77% and this am it is at 73%. I'm going to let it burn down again, and try again. Any other advice?