Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,107 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

acraftylady2's Posts

https://www.verizon.com/support/play-more-unlimited-faqs/
My FIL passed in Oct 2022, he was 85, husband is the executor. House is being sold.  FIL lived in Pa and we live 4hrs away in NY.    Called verizon 2 weeks ago to cancel home phone.  They wanted to s... See more...
My FIL passed in Oct 2022, he was 85, husband is the executor. House is being sold.  FIL lived in Pa and we live 4hrs away in NY.    Called verizon 2 weeks ago to cancel home phone.  They wanted to send a temporary pass code to FIL's email.  We were not close and the man had a very old computer and I have no clue if he had email nor would I have the password to get into his email.  They said they would mail me a pass code. 2 weeks later and I have not seen any pass code from verizon in my mailbox.  We did a change of address and get all his other mail at our address.  Called again today and was told they will send another mail and it could take up to 10 days.  Property is being sold and I need the home phone disconneted ASAP as I am not paying for new owners to have a home phone.  We have the death certificates and short forms so how do we get this disconnected?
If you blocked it through your phone dialer open the dialer and click settings, blocked numbers and unblock it in there.  
How does turning off auto updates prevent the update from ever going through?  Never heard thst before.    Mary
How old is the phone, still in warranty?  Even if the update is rolled back how do you prevent it from updating again?  Would other providers have  rolled back the update and it's just Verizon that w... See more...
How old is the phone, still in warranty?  Even if the update is rolled back how do you prevent it from updating again?  Would other providers have  rolled back the update and it's just Verizon that won't?
Can check here. https://www.verizon.com/sales/digital/byod.html?&lineNum=1#/checkDevice
Is that the same as doing this? https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-208350/
Wow glad I don't buy Motorola since it seems like they don't stand behind their phones.  LG update bricked a phone once and LG had me send it back and they fixed it.   Cost me nothing to do this as t... See more...
Wow glad I don't buy Motorola since it seems like they don't stand behind their phones.  LG update bricked a phone once and LG had me send it back and they fixed it.   Cost me nothing to do this as they gave me a prepaid mailer.   They admitted it was there update that did it.
Doesn't your phone back up to Google or Apple?  All my stuff backs up to Google besides it's stored on my memory card.  There are probably cell phone fix it places to recover stuff but probably expen... See more...
Doesn't your phone back up to Google or Apple?  All my stuff backs up to Google besides it's stored on my memory card.  There are probably cell phone fix it places to recover stuff but probably expensive just like it is on computers for data recocery.   If you have a you break I fix in your area try them.  Had them fix a charging port once and they were very nice to work with.  
Better yet why don't the powers that be in government put an end to letting them spoof numbers with what ever devices they are using to do this.  My FIL bought a device for his home phone that allowe... See more...
Better yet why don't the powers that be in government put an end to letting them spoof numbers with what ever devices they are using to do this.  My FIL bought a device for his home phone that allowed him to block prefixes and it worked really well.   Call filter plus probably works the same and if you are getting a lot of these would be worth it.  
Could you let your contacts know not to send them?  Look on youtube for how to turn off animations in android.  There is probably something in developer options to do this.  Be curious to know why th... See more...
Could you let your contacts know not to send them?  Look on youtube for how to turn off animations in android.  There is probably something in developer options to do this.  Be curious to know why they need to do it through private message instead of telling every one how to do this.  
Until you find something why not just send them to your email, that's what I do.  Mary
You should state what phone and messaging app you are using. 
Been on the news the last few years in my area all cell carriers are doing away with 3g so shouldn't be a surprise.
Also for future reference see if Samsung has an option to back up your settings.  Seems to me on an older Samsung phone I had that option so if I got a new phone settings and all were restored.  Neve... See more...
Also for future reference see if Samsung has an option to back up your settings.  Seems to me on an older Samsung phone I had that option so if I got a new phone settings and all were restored.  Never transferred studd over as I always make a back up file for a restore.
When its's paired if you dont see anything in the bluetooth settings like I mentioned could be that particular phone doesn't have that setting.  You could have the same problem with a different brand... See more...
When its's paired if you dont see anything in the bluetooth settings like I mentioned could be that particular phone doesn't have that setting.  You could have the same problem with a different brand phone.  I would test it out on other phone brands before switching.  I won't use anything but Samsung now since getting burned by LG which is fine as they no longer make phones anyway.  Friend has so many issues with her moto won't use them either.  Can you go back to the person that paired it the first time with the other phone?
Visual voicemail has never been available for prepaid so it's a mystery how you would have had it.  I think uocked phones on post paid don't have this feature either.   You need a post paid account f... See more...
Visual voicemail has never been available for prepaid so it's a mystery how you would have had it.  I think uocked phones on post paid don't have this feature either.   You need a post paid account for this feature with a vetizon branded phone.  My visual voicemail mail is an icon on the screen I click so I don't access it from the calling screen but I have a verizon branded phone on post paid.         
Interesting how you had it on prepaid before yet it's not available to prepaid customers with android phones, No 4 here.  Was the icon always there on the old phone from day 1? https://www.verizon.c... See more...
Interesting how you had it on prepaid before yet it's not available to prepaid customers with android phones, No 4 here.  Was the icon always there on the old phone from day 1? https://www.verizon.com/support/visual-voice-mail-faqs/
Verizon gives 30 days, just pay the restocking fee. https://www.verizon.com/support/return-policy/
Didn't you research and compare the phones becore you bought?