Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,024 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

CHUCKA75Q's Posts

I am reading on CNET, Fortune and Verizon websites that Verizon will start free spam/robocall blocking this month (March, 2019) based on the Stirred/Shaken cryptography.  Will this be automatic or mu... See more...
I am reading on CNET, Fortune and Verizon websites that Verizon will start free spam/robocall blocking this month (March, 2019) based on the Stirred/Shaken cryptography.  Will this be automatic or must download or initiate this service somehow?  I've had it with spoofed robocalls!  
Thank you, Rico.  I understand I don't need TravelPass with wifi, but when I'm out and about, I need the cell service, so I turn airplane mode off during these times (also understanding, as I lea... See more...
Thank you, Rico.  I understand I don't need TravelPass with wifi, but when I'm out and about, I need the cell service, so I turn airplane mode off during these times (also understanding, as I learned to my dismay while traveling in England, that even if I don't receive or make a call, as soon as the phone connects with the cell tower I am charged $10 for the day).  Now, the second part - do you know if voicemail is available on wifi?
.....and I am using an Android phone.
Can I get texts and voicemail while overseas and on wifi calling in airplane mode on the TravelPass plan ?
I have the TravelPass plan and will be going to Italy.  If I can't connect to a cell tower in a rural area there and have to use wifi calling for a local Italy number, will I be charged internati... See more...
I have the TravelPass plan and will be going to Italy.  If I can't connect to a cell tower in a rural area there and have to use wifi calling for a local Italy number, will I be charged international rates, or does my TravelPass plan cover it?  I know wifi calls to the US are free with wifi.
It's very frustrating!!  The number of telemarketer calls, especially spoofed calls, far exceeds the number of legitimate calls I am getting.  It's to the point where I'm not answering my phone e... See more...
It's very frustrating!!  The number of telemarketer calls, especially spoofed calls, far exceeds the number of legitimate calls I am getting.  It's to the point where I'm not answering my phone except for numbers that I recognize, and I know I must be missing some important ones.  It's obvious that illegitimate uses for spoofing far exceed legitimate ones, and you can't tell me that something can't be done about this!  When is Verizon going to get serious about this?
THOSAN, see my new post 7-2-18 beginning "BEWARE".  I learned, the hard way after receiving my bill, that I was charge every day even though I didn't use it some days.  The reason from Verizon: "... See more...
THOSAN, see my new post 7-2-18 beginning "BEWARE".  I learned, the hard way after receiving my bill, that I was charge every day even though I didn't use it some days.  The reason from Verizon: "TravelPass sessions start automatically whenever a device connects to a cell tower. If a device is not in airplane mode, it will periodically exchange packets of data with the cell towers around it, which can trigger a TravelPass session." So, unless you are in airplane mode you will be charged, even if data is turned off!  This is not made clear in the TravelPass description which is unfair and misleading by omission.  So if you want to leave your phone on in case you receive a text or a call, you will be charged.  Nice heads-up, Verizon!
On a recent trip to the UK my subsequent bill showed data usage almost every day, even when didn't use data.  Asking the question "why" I received this reply:  "TravelPass sessions start automati... See more...
On a recent trip to the UK my subsequent bill showed data usage almost every day, even when didn't use data.  Asking the question "why" I received this reply:  "TravelPass sessions start automatically whenever a device connects to a cell tower. If a device is not in airplane mode, it will periodically exchange packets of data with the cell towers around it, which can trigger a TravelPass session."   So, unless you want to be charged automatically every day, you must keep your phone in airplane mode, which prevents making and receiving phone calls and accessing the Internet!  Verizon might just as well say that they will charge you $10/day regardless.  This should be made crystal clear in the TravelPass description.  In my opinion, misleading and dishonest!  Live and learn!
The fact that, unless you turn off all data, you are still charged for your phone simply connecting to a cell tower regardless of whether you are actually using data or making/receiving calls, is... See more...
The fact that, unless you turn off all data, you are still charged for your phone simply connecting to a cell tower regardless of whether you are actually using data or making/receiving calls, is not made clear in the description of the TravelPass plan.  This should be made clear up front, and I feel cheated because I was charged on days I did not use data.  So with the TravelPass plan I have to turn off my phone's ability to make and receive calls and use the Internet or I will incur a charge.  Excuse me, but that plan sucks!
So what if the local carrier is not under agreement with you?
Please do, THOSAN83.  I will be going to Italy in November and don't want to suffer the everyday charges I got in the UK on the TravelPass plan.  Your experiment with turning data off should tell... See more...
Please do, THOSAN83.  I will be going to Italy in November and don't want to suffer the everyday charges I got in the UK on the TravelPass plan.  Your experiment with turning data off should tell us if the unexplained tiny daily data charges  that always show up on your bill (without actually doing anything requiring data) trigger the charges.  If they do, Verizon's got some 'splainin' to do!
I was in the UK last month and got billed for all 12 days, although I didn't call, receive calls or use data on some of them.  I'm wondering if the small amount of data that registers on you usag... See more...
I was in the UK last month and got billed for all 12 days, although I didn't call, receive calls or use data on some of them.  I'm wondering if the small amount of data that registers on you usage every day regardless of whether you use data or not (check your usage on MyVerizon) to.... link up with cell towers?.... what?.... triggers the charge.  I have another post asking this question, but haven't received a reply yet.  The safe way would be to use airplane mode, but as you say, that would prevent all incoming calls.  Next would be to turn data off until you need it, but I don't know if this would prevent the trigger or not.  We need an answer from Verizon.
I just got back from the UK on the TravelPass plan.  If you pre-load the map of the country you are visiting and save it to Offline Maps in the Google Map app, then in the Offline Map Settings se... See more...
I just got back from the UK on the TravelPass plan.  If you pre-load the map of the country you are visiting and save it to Offline Maps in the Google Map app, then in the Offline Map Settings select Download preferences > Over Wi-Fi only, the app will use your GPS and will not use data, but will give you good, real-time driving directions.  When you are ready to use it, you must select Offline Maps from the menu.
I recently went to the UK with the TravelPass plan.  Although I didn't use my phone every day for calls or data (GPS was set to wifi only) I notice that I was charged for use every day I was ther... See more...
I recently went to the UK with the TravelPass plan.  Although I didn't use my phone every day for calls or data (GPS was set to wifi only) I notice that I was charged for use every day I was there.  I did not use airplane mode because I wanted to be able to receive any possible emergency calls from home.  Studying my usage, I see that very small amounts of data usage were recorded several times every day, regardless of whether I used my phone or not, I assume as a result of my phone establishing connection with the cell towers (?).  So, is the reason my bill showed every day use because of these connections?  If so, that was not mentioned in the plan details, and would be completely unfair.
I will be traveling to England, and I am on the TravelPass plan.  The area I will be in has spotty cell service, so I might need to use wifi calling for both local calls and calls home to the US.... See more...
I will be traveling to England, and I am on the TravelPass plan.  The area I will be in has spotty cell service, so I might need to use wifi calling for both local calls and calls home to the US.  So, if I turn on airplane mode with wifi, can I make these calls with no charge or data phone data usage?
Probably the same for FaceTime, yes?
We're going to England with the TravelPass plan.  My wife has an older Galaxy S3, and I can't find how to turn WiFi calling off on this phone.  Cell coverage will be spotty in our location, and I... See more...
We're going to England with the TravelPass plan.  My wife has an older Galaxy S3, and I can't find how to turn WiFi calling off on this phone.  Cell coverage will be spotty in our location, and I don't want the phone switching to WiFi if we call the US or local numbers and being charged for them.  No problem on my S8 - the option is in the settings, but not on the S3 that I can find.
Oops!  Nope. Verizon charges for Wifi calls overseas.
Thank you, Mama.  I've since learned that you can call the US from the UK on TravelPass with no additional charge.  But in case the coverage is spotty, I'll use your suggestion for Wifi.
I'm going to England, and I know my Galaxy s8 will work over there on the TravelPass account.  But the area I'm going to in the north part of the country is served by Vodafone.  Will my phone wor... See more...
I'm going to England, and I know my Galaxy s8 will work over there on the TravelPass account.  But the area I'm going to in the north part of the country is served by Vodafone.  Will my phone work on this network?