Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 10.1K Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

poidude's Posts

Giving the previous owner the benefit of the doubt, can you contact him/her and ask that they (has to be the account owner which you are not) call the wireless provider to cancel the account? ... See more...
Giving the previous owner the benefit of the doubt, can you contact him/her and ask that they (has to be the account owner which you are not) call the wireless provider to cancel the account? The other possibility is that this person knowingly did not cancel the account, likely in order to avoid Early Termination Fees. But, this means the previous account is likely going unpaid and will eventually be cut off. The phone will likely then be blacklisted so that it cannot be activated unless the original owner pays off the account (plus any fees). I'm not sure what your options are at this point. Try calling Verizon (or go into a store) and explain that you bought the phone used and would like to activate it with them but it is still active/working. See what they say your options are. Sorry about that.
Contact customer service, *611, and tell them you need them to disable/stop the OZ Mail text messages from long code 118012222357. Note, this is not an "international" phone number. Make sure the... See more...
Contact customer service, *611, and tell them you need them to disable/stop the OZ Mail text messages from long code 118012222357. Note, this is not an "international" phone number. Make sure they don't go down that bunny trail.
OK, so it sounds like you need to setup a new account. I believe the only way to do that is to call customer service or go into a store. I don't think you can activate a customer provided phone o... See more...
OK, so it sounds like you need to setup a new account. I believe the only way to do that is to call customer service or go into a store. I don't think you can activate a customer provided phone online (MyVerizon) without an existing account. They should be able to activate that phone for you once they create an account for you. The IMEI not being in their system probably means that number is no longer active (even if the phone shows one). If you try calling the phone number from another line or call out from the phone (other than to *611 or 911) I'd bet it doesn't work (which is a good thing). Just contact Verizon and tell them you want to activate a Customer Provided Equipment (CPE).
Are you trying to replace another phone that you already have on a Verizon plan with this one? Or, are you trying to add a new line (this phone) to an existing Verizon plan? Or, are you trying to... See more...
Are you trying to replace another phone that you already have on a Verizon plan with this one? Or, are you trying to add a new line (this phone) to an existing Verizon plan? Or, are you trying to establish a new account and phone number with Verizon using this phone?
Just guessing, but since you said you have it set in the messaging settings (I assume settings option from within the Messaging app itself), how about from Sound Settings (Home Screen -> Settings... See more...
Just guessing, but since you said you have it set in the messaging settings (I assume settings option from within the Messaging app itself), how about from Sound Settings (Home Screen -> Settings -> Sound Settings). Since Silent mode says it applies to "All sounds except media and alarms" how about if you set Vibrate to Always and Set the Phone ringtone to Silent, technically leaving Silent mode OFF. That is, the phone is NOT in Silent mode, but the ringtone is Silent and Vibrate is on.
You may want to contact Verizon to let them know the phone was stolen. I assume they can get the ESN from their historical records and blacklist the device so that someone else can't re-activate ... See more...
You may want to contact Verizon to let them know the phone was stolen. I assume they can get the ESN from their historical records and blacklist the device so that someone else can't re-activate it as a "new" line.
I believe the email feature from within Visual Voicemail is model-specifc. You may want to call customer service and make sure that feature is available on your specific phone model. Some mode... See more...
I believe the email feature from within Visual Voicemail is model-specifc. You may want to call customer service and make sure that feature is available on your specific phone model. Some models allow saving the file that Visual Voicemail receives to local storage (e.g., SD card). If your model can do that, you may be able to use one of the mail apps to attach it.
Try dialing *228 from the phone. If that doesn't work, maybe *611, taking it into a Verizon store or use a working phone to call them at (800) 922-0204.
It's been announced for the original droid (A855). http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/moto_droid.pdf   It's currently being tested by a small group of Motorola Feedback Network members pe... See more...
It's been announced for the original droid (A855). http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/moto_droid.pdf   It's currently being tested by a small group of Motorola Feedback Network members per the email excerpt below that you can find on various droid sites on the web.   Over the next 24 hours, barring last-minute changes, we will begin to distribute the latest Droid software to a select group of owners, and you should expect to be among them.* As a Motorola Feedback Network member, you are key to this test. Some of the owners are chosen at random and as a result, we won’t get feedback from them. But we’re counting on you and other members to provide us with a quick and accurate assessment of this update. After this pre-launch release, we’ll observe for a few days to make sure all is well, before releasing to all owners.  
He's on a Nationwide Select Family Share plan which does include Unlimited Text, Picture, Video & Instant Messaging.   The data usage is likely due to Mobile Web usage. Access to Mobile Web, th... See more...
He's on a Nationwide Select Family Share plan which does include Unlimited Text, Picture, Video & Instant Messaging.   The data usage is likely due to Mobile Web usage. Access to Mobile Web, the feature itself, is included in his plan. However, data usage is separately billed.   http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=familyShare&action=viewFSPlanList&typeId=2&subTypeId=2&catId=808&lid=Shop+Now+Select    Nationwide Select Family SharePlan® Introducing Friends & Family®.  Unlimited calling to and from any 10 numbers on any network in America. Unlimited Text, Picture, Video & Instant Messaging  Unlimited calling to all 80 million Verizon Wireless customers Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes No Domestic Long Distance Charges Data sent or received (incl. Mobile Web advertising) is $1.99/MB. Access to Mobile Web     From the T & C:   Mobile Web Billing for Data Sent or Received. Mobile Web is included in all Nationwide Calling Plans. Megabyte charges apply to Basic and Select Plans. Unless you subscribe to the V Cast VPak, V CAST Mobile TV Select or Premium Calling Plans, megabytes sent or received using Mobile Web (including advertising) will be aggregated each month, rounded up to the next megabyte, and billed at $1.99/MB.   Rates are rounded to the nearest whole megabyte. One megabyte is equal to 1024 kilobytes. Application charges apply in addition to charges for data sent/received.   Important: On select smartphone devices, if you do not subscribe to a Data Plan or Data Feature, data usage will be billed at 1.5¢ per KB ($15.36 per MB), unless you add a data block or subscribe to a Wireless Email Feature. Other smartphone devices and all BlackBerry® devices require a Data Plan or a Data Feature. Message Edited by poidude on 05-11-2009 12:52 PM