For some reason, the Action dropdown on my previous response is giving me an error so I am adding this reply. I am using an S8+, not S7, which is why I mentioned the version number.
Did you try copying (as a test) the audio (.amr) to the /VisualVoiceMail directory and metadata (.eml) to /VisualVoiceMail/metadata directory? That's where I see my data in INTERNAL STORAGE. I ha... See more...
Did you try copying (as a test) the audio (.amr) to the /VisualVoiceMail directory and metadata (.eml) to /VisualVoiceMail/metadata directory? That's where I see my data in INTERNAL STORAGE. I have VVM app version 10.0.13
Is the return box mailed directly to Samsung or does it get sent to Verizon? Verizon charged me a second time for the phone, not just taxes or the upgrade fee, so I'm wondering when do I get m... Ver más...
Is the return box mailed directly to Samsung or does it get sent to Verizon? Verizon charged me a second time for the phone, not just taxes or the upgrade fee, so I'm wondering when do I get my money back for the original, recalled, device.
Settings -> Mobile Hotspot and Tethering Fourth option from the top, in the Wireless and networks section
Okay, it sounds like the voicemail-only (as opposed to the VVM - Visual Voice Mail) new message indicator. This would be the one that you see prior to signing up for VVM. Once you signup for VVM,... Ver más...
Okay, it sounds like the voicemail-only (as opposed to the VVM - Visual Voice Mail) new message indicator. This would be the one that you see prior to signing up for VVM. Once you signup for VVM, the VVM application uses a different notification indicator. The problem is that the original (non-VVM) one is never updated / cleared. If you don't mind doing a factory refresh, that will clear it (and every other piece of data you've added to the phone since you got it) so be careful if you go that route. Make sure you have your personal data backed up / saved first. Otherwise, you should be able to call customer service, tell them that you need the voicemail-only indicator cleared since you now use visual voice mail, and that they need have network support send a clear SMS to your phone.
What device / phone are you using (e.g., Samsung S6, LG G4, etc.)? Where are you seeing these notifications (e.g., on the application icon, the notification bar, an application window / popup)?
armoredkitty wrote: I bought a 10 gb 4 g speed modem  for our two computers which I thought was unlimited access.  10 GB is not unlimited. If you are streaming videos on those t... Ver más...
armoredkitty wrote: I bought a 10 gb 4 g speed modem  for our two computers which I thought was unlimited access.  10 GB is not unlimited. If you are streaming videos on those two computers, 10 GB may not be enough.
If you've compared Shared Everything and it's not for you (it sounds like you may have just a single line), then your options are: 1) Keep your existing plan, keep your unlimited data and pay fu... Ver más...
If you've compared Shared Everything and it's not for you (it sounds like you may have just a single line), then your options are: 1) Keep your existing plan, keep your unlimited data and pay full retail price for a new phone or obtain a phone from a 3rd party that does not require a contract renewal. 2) Keep you existing plan, switch to tiered data (e.g., 2GB for $30, 5GB for $50, etc.), and get a subsidized phone (requires contract renewal).
The weather server google uses is down. If you don't set a location for weather (uncheck Use my location and Set location is blank), the rest of the news should load fine. It's affecting the News... Ver más...
The weather server google uses is down. If you don't set a location for weather (uncheck Use my location and Set location is blank), the rest of the news should load fine. It's affecting the News and Weather app (geniewidget.apk) for all devices.
TheDiabolicaL1 wrote: I've talked to Samsung and they are unaware of this "developers edition" ... http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SCH-I535MBCVZW I guess like how ... Ver más...
TheDiabolicaL1 wrote: I've talked to Samsung and they are unaware of this "developers edition" ... http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SCH-I535MBCVZW I guess like how Verizon reps don't know everything about what's going on within Verizon, it seems Samsung reps don't know everything going on within Samsung. Likely a training gap, or communication gap, or both.
If you do a Share Everything "data device only" plan (no phones), you can get 10GB for $60 (the data pool) + $20 for each Jetpack/Modem and/or $10 for each tablet (and keep separate whatever phon... Ver más...
If you do a Share Everything "data device only" plan (no phones), you can get 10GB for $60 (the data pool) + $20 for each Jetpack/Modem and/or $10 for each tablet (and keep separate whatever phone plan you have). Scroll to the middle of this link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/plan-information/?page=share-everything
$90 includes $50 for 1GB plus $40 for the smartphone. Before it was $30 for 2GB plus whatever the cost of your plan. Before, the plan was the base price, and you added additional lines (and... Ver más...
$90 includes $50 for 1GB plus $40 for the smartphone. Before it was $30 for 2GB plus whatever the cost of your plan. Before, the plan was the base price, and you added additional lines (and features like data). With Share Everything, the data pool could be considered the base price, and you add additional devices, up to 10, not just phones. I think AT&T was smart to allow new subs to select either the old or new plan depending oh which works out best. These shared plans seem to benefit those with many devices, large families, but not necessarily singles or two-member families.
AT&T and Sprint charge $36, T-Mobile charges $18. It's unfortunate that Verizon decided to follow suit, but all the major players now charge some kind of "upgrade" fee. If I were the head mark... Ver más...
AT&T and Sprint charge $36, T-Mobile charges $18. It's unfortunate that Verizon decided to follow suit, but all the major players now charge some kind of "upgrade" fee. If I were the head marketing guy, I would have just added $29.99 to the cost of each phone. In the end, they get the same amount of $$$ but they could have marketed themselves as being "upgrade fee free unlike the 'other' guys."
I figured the data was lost, was just trying to point you to the "format" option. Looks like the menus have changed with ICS and since I'm still on GB and not using a Razr, that's about the exten... Ver más...
I figured the data was lost, was just trying to point you to the "format" option. Looks like the menus have changed with ICS and since I'm still on GB and not using a Razr, that's about the extent of my help. If no one else knows how to format the card from your phone, looks like your only option is to try formatting it externally. Good luck.
On my droid (not a Razr), it's Settings -> Storage -> Delete.
You could also dispute the charge directly with the credit card company. If they agree to the chargeback, Verizon would likely pull the $450 credit they applied to your account but it sounds like... Ver más...
You could also dispute the charge directly with the credit card company. If they agree to the chargeback, Verizon would likely pull the $450 credit they applied to your account but it sounds like that's what you want anyway.
I'm not sure if your new phone can do that. If you don't see any setting like that in the manual, maybe try Samsung's support site. On the phones I've had, it's always been one default ringtone, ... Ver más...
I'm not sure if your new phone can do that. If you don't see any setting like that in the manual, maybe try Samsung's support site. On the phones I've had, it's always been one default ringtone, and then different ones if set on a contact-by-contact basis. Good luck.
Two things to check: 1) From the Home Screen -> Settings -> Accounts & Sync Under General sync settings - Check Background Data - Check Auto-sync Under Manage accounts - Select your acco... Ver más...
Two things to check: 1) From the Home Screen -> Settings -> Accounts & Sync Under General sync settings - Check Background Data - Check Auto-sync Under Manage accounts - Select your accounts (one at a time) - Ensure Sync Calendar is checked 2) From within the Calendar app Menu -> More -> Calendars - Make sure Visible & Sync are selected for the calendars you are interested in Those are my menu name/options, hopefully yours are similar or you can find the appropriate ones.
I would stay on the plan you have if you are going to stay with two Basic phones. For one Smartphone and one Basic phone, you should look into the option of staying with your current plan ($50... Ver más...
I would stay on the plan you have if you are going to stay with two Basic phones. For one Smartphone and one Basic phone, you should look into the option of staying with your current plan ($50 + $9.99) and adding Tiered Data (e.g., $30 for 2GB) for the Smartphone line. It may come out cheaper for your situation. You could likely also add unlimited text, if you need it but sounds like you don't, for $10 per line on your existing plan.
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201206/20120629041650780/Verizon_Wireless_u485_Intensity_III_English_User_Manual_FD06_F5.pdf Page 43, Contacts Fields, Ringtone : Choose a... Ver más...
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201206/20120629041650780/Verizon_Wireless_u485_Intensity_III_English_User_Manual_FD06_F5.pdf Page 43, Contacts Fields, Ringtone : Choose a Ringtone for the contact. Message Tone : Choose a Ringtone for alerts to new Page 91, My Ringtones, Press the Left Soft Key Set As the default Ringtone... Also see Page 141, Call Sounds.