Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,403 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

zachariahpope's Posts

Aside from the messaging issues, has anyone encountered any other bugs in this update?  I have noticed a strange bug under Settings-->Language & Input put-->Xperia keyboard-->Word Suggestions... ... See more...
Aside from the messaging issues, has anyone encountered any other bugs in this update?  I have noticed a strange bug under Settings-->Language & Input put-->Xperia keyboard-->Word Suggestions...  No matter which option I select the setting remains on "Correct Misspellings..." anyone else facing this issue or any others?  Thanks.
I did a little googling and found that this is common in other Xperia phones after the lollipop update https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/Messaging-not-working-after-Android-5-1-1-update/... See more...
I did a little googling and found that this is common in other Xperia phones after the lollipop update https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/Messaging-not-working-after-Android-5-1-1-update/td-p/1047723 I'm not sure if they will have a solution as I've not read them all but sonys forum seems to have tons of threads like this so surely there's an answer in there somewhere
i have found another bug with Xperia keyboard under language and input in settings I change the option to Never have my words and typos replaced but the text stays unchanged from "always correct... See more...
i have found another bug with Xperia keyboard under language and input in settings I change the option to Never have my words and typos replaced but the text stays unchanged from "always correct my typos" let me know if thats happening for you guys as well
Also luckily verizons Messaging app has a restore txts where feature where u can get messages back up to the last 30 days by selecting restore from online
Wow sorry I was really hoping that would do it for you. I have one more thing you can try. In Sony's Messaging app go to settings and turn off allow push messages then try to send a message. It... See more...
Wow sorry I was really hoping that would do it for you. I have one more thing you can try. In Sony's Messaging app go to settings and turn off allow push messages then try to send a message. It'll probable fail, but reboot once if it does, toggle it back on and see if it'll work then. That's the last thing I can think of you could try, but give it a go.
What I was going to suggest doing if you don't want to have to do a factory reset is to go into Settings-->Application manager and then swipe over to the right twice to display All Apps and fin... See more...
What I was going to suggest doing if you don't want to have to do a factory reset is to go into Settings-->Application manager and then swipe over to the right twice to display All Apps and find 'Messaging' 'Message+' and Hangouts. For all three of those clear data, clear cache, and clear default if you have one of those three as your default Messaging app. I also want you to DISABLE each of those three apps... And uninstall any other 3rd party Messaging app you are using if that applies. Once you've done that obviously you have no way to receive texts for a minute but that's ok Google play and download Chomp SMS. Open chomp and in the top right menu select "Delete All" make sure you check the box that says include locked messaged even if you don't have any. Now reboot your phone. Go back to settings-->app manager -->all apps and re enable Hangouts, Messaging, and Message + and uninstall chomp if you want... Then test the Sony Messaging app and I believe it will be working. Please let me know... This applies to anyone who doesn't want to factory reset but would like to try and resolve the issue another way.
Glad everyone has the issue solved at least 🙂 that's good news that factory reset has now been proven to resolve the issue for everyone successfully
You still with me ?
Wonderful. Then lets try a few things that may help resolve this issue Since we know the factory reset solves the bug, we know that the cause of it  stems from residual data.. So let me start b... See more...
Wonderful. Then lets try a few things that may help resolve this issue Since we know the factory reset solves the bug, we know that the cause of it  stems from residual data.. So let me start by clarifying the issue you're having is that you are unable to send a text in Sony's Messaging app. When you try to send a message are you seeing a notification that says "could not be sent".... Assuming all this is correct let me ask you what sms app are you using now in place of Sony's app? The two stock alternatives are Hangouts and Message+... Or are you currently using a third party Messaging app in place of Sony's?
Verizon *
I'm not a Version representative but I'd be happy to assist you in a few other options you could try if factory resetting the device is not an option for you.
"Build Number“ several times*
I would also highly recommend to anyone who takes this update (after they do a full factory reset) go to Settings-->About Phone and scroll to the bottom of that list and tap on where it says "bu... See more...
I would also highly recommend to anyone who takes this update (after they do a full factory reset) go to Settings-->About Phone and scroll to the bottom of that list and tap on where it says "build number several times" until you've successfully enabled developer options then go back out into Settings-->Developer Options--> and scroll until you see 'Window Animation Scale' tap on that and set the animation to be off. Do this also for the two options below it.  ('Transition' and 'Animator' scaled both set to off) Doing this will lead to a very noticeable improvement in speed across your device.
None at all. I highly recommend a factory reset after this update. It's priority, really if everyone is experiencing a similar issue and for me it was Messaging and a plethora of other bugs so D... See more...
None at all. I highly recommend a factory reset after this update. It's priority, really if everyone is experiencing a similar issue and for me it was Messaging and a plethora of other bugs so Do the factor reset for sure people
It did for me. It fixed all the bugs I listed above ^
I noticed the following bugs: Sony's Messaging app broken after update,  Tapping on 'software update' in Settings didn't open anything or yield any response ... Also 'about phone' section worked... See more...
I noticed the following bugs: Sony's Messaging app broken after update,  Tapping on 'software update' in Settings didn't open anything or yield any response ... Also 'about phone' section worked initially after the update, but after a few hours, started to have the same symptom as the 'software update' where Tapping it yielded no response. I also noticed terribly heavy battery drain early on and very false battery recharge estimates reported when plugging the device in (Plugged in at 6% battery said it'd be full charged in 11 minutes) Finally I realized this was either the worst update ever or it was just in heavy need of a factory reset... So I factory reset the device a couple of hours ago and its running smooth as butter and has squashed all the initial bugs.
http://support.sonymobile.com/us/xperiaz3v/kb/0231018876c092a014b064c0ace001543/ Straight from Sony^ http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3/xperia-z3v-general/sony-support-confirms-lollipo... See more...
http://support.sonymobile.com/us/xperiaz3v/kb/0231018876c092a014b064c0ace001543/ Straight from Sony^ http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3/xperia-z3v-general/sony-support-confirms-lollipop-released-t3196063 https://www.androidpit.com/android-lollipop-update-overview-for-smartphones-and-tablets#sony I hope that satisfies you. As for the Galaxy Nexus I said the 4.3 update which is the final Jellybean update.  Google stopped supporting the device at 4.4 Kitkat. Other carriers released the 4.3 update, but Verizon did not. I assume you want proof of that too so here you are http://m.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-nexus-android-43-update-rolling-out-starting-today
I see you failed to provide support for your claim, as I expected... And as for your question... Are you serious? That's EXACTLY what's happening right now with THIS device, the Sony Xperia ... See more...
I see you failed to provide support for your claim, as I expected... And as for your question... Are you serious? That's EXACTLY what's happening right now with THIS device, the Sony Xperia Z3v... If you want another example though, how about the 4.3 update for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Believe it or not , this kind of thing happens ALL the time and especially with Verizon.
Sony never once admitted to cancelling the Z3v... That was Verizon's move. Show me one source that says that was Sony's decision. Also, I will agree with your statement about leaked firmwares- ... See more...
Sony never once admitted to cancelling the Z3v... That was Verizon's move. Show me one source that says that was Sony's decision. Also, I will agree with your statement about leaked firmwares- you're right. They might have some bugs... That's why they often have several release candidate builds. I'm not an idiot, I know these things quite well actually... But I also know that there's nothing stopping Verizon from releasing that firmware except the fact THEY NO LONGER WISH TO SUPPORT THE DEVICE... And why is that, I wonder...? Because they, Verizon, again not Sony, are the ones that discontinued the device. The Z2 tablet has the same .485 and .509 lollipop builds that we do in Internal Testing, but it managed to get its final release firmware of .508 via OTA because it was supported longer than the Z3v was. I say was because it too was recently discontinued. There's nothing wrong with people urging them to update the device when it's not even reached it's two year mark... It's barely only reached one and was discontinued even before that.
Elizabeth Hardersen Ann154 Ann(droid)154 You're completely wrong. VERIZON scrapped the Z3v back in August, not Sony... They did this despite being still heavily stocked with units... And Sony DI... See more...
Elizabeth Hardersen Ann154 Ann(droid)154 You're completely wrong. VERIZON scrapped the Z3v back in August, not Sony... They did this despite being still heavily stocked with units... And Sony DID send Verizon Lollipop. I'm running it on my phone...Google Z3v lollipop. Consumers assumed Verizon discontinuing the Z3v was in preparation for the launch of the Z4v, but the Z4v never came. It is most likely that the Z3v was discontinued due to low sales... once Verizon sold enough units to cover the cost of carrying the device, they discontinued the device and sent their remaining stock back to Sony and I'm sure they sent some to Asurion's warehouses for use of CLNRs (certified like new replacement). The reason the Z4v was discontinued is due to Sony's announcement of the Z5. Verizon knew consumers would feel like they were going buying an old phone so they canceled the launch altogether. I'm still unsure as to why they didn't just rename the device the Z5v and sell it.. After all the Z3v is a rebranded hybrid of a Z2 and a Z3... Following the same logic that would make the Z5v a hybrid of the Z4 and Z5. This idea was likely considered, but Verizon knew that consumers were already unhappy with the Z3v's hybrid, outdated design... That coupled with their low Z3v sales.. I assume is what lead them to scrap the launch. Gary  Drewes Wireless Customer Support, you're wrong about this update.  I realize you're just doing your job and you may only see our latest update (.44 KitKat) as it shows on your computers... But there are two Lollipop builds on the Internet [removed] ..  This is why there are so many angry threads on this topic.  These firmwares are both in Verizon Internal Testing [removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] The final lollipop build that wasn't released (and hasn't yet leaked) is 23.1.D.0.508. Release it.