When you post a question in the Verizon Community, all replies will have a Correct Answer button below them. Once there is a reply that answers your question or solves the issue that you were p... Ver más...
When you post a question in the Verizon Community, all replies will have a Correct Answer button below them. Once there is a reply that answers your question or solves the issue that you were posting about, clicking the Correct Answer button will indicate that the reply is correct and bump it to the top of the page, right under the original post. This allows other members who have the same question to immediately see that the issue was solved and makes it easy for them to find the solution. Correct Answers can only be marked by the user who originally posted that question or by a member of the Community Team. Not only does this help users that are browsing the Community, but all members who have clicked the  button on your post will receive a notification that a solution has been given. Finally, selecting a Correct Answer also gives the user who helped you some credit. A member who gives a Correct Answer receives points which help them ascend through the ranks and work their way up to Expert level! Please make sure that you're using this important Community feature so you can help spread the wealth of knowledge of our members and help those who helped you!
We hope you’re enjoying all that our new Community experience has to offer! Our migration to an all new Community platform included an overhaul of our ranking system. New members will be assigned the... Ver más...
We hope you're enjoying all that our new Community experience has to offer! Our migration to an all new Community platform included an overhaul of our ranking system. New members will be assigned the rank of "Member" and can climb all the way to our 7th rank, "Expert," Check our the new list of ranks below, in ascending order: Member Novice Sr. Member Leader Sr. Leader Power User Expert The best part is that you don't have to jump through any hoops - just rank up by returning to the Community, posting helpful content, and using the Community as you normally would, so our heaviest users will ascend through the ranks the fastest. In the past, ranks were assigned through a points system - now, there will be many actions taken into consideration: Liking content Receiving likes on your content Length of time as a Community member Number of posts Number of posts marked as "Correct Answers" Tagging content As we continue to roll out the features of our new platform, members at higher ranks will be granted new permissions that will enhance their Community experience. We will also take members' rankings into consideration when we select new users for our superuser program! Thank you so much for participating and we look forward to see you all rank up!
Hey @bearone22, I'll reset your password manually and DM you a temporary one.  It'll be in your inbox in a few minutes! Thanks, DanW_VZW
Hi Ann154, I've opened a ticket with Lithium about this issue.  I'll post here once it's resolved! Thanks, DanW_VZW
Hi Ann154, This is a great suggestion!  I've pinned the post you mentioned to the BYOD board.  Feel free to post any others that you feel should be pinned here or you can DM them to me.   Thank... See more...
Hi Ann154, This is a great suggestion!  I've pinned the post you mentioned to the BYOD board.  Feel free to post any others that you feel should be pinned here or you can DM them to me.  Thanks, DanW_VZW
Hi everyone! I'm Dan, a community manager who focuses on community operations and special projects.  I've been with Verizon for 6 years and with the Community for a little more than 4 of them.  I'm... See more...
Hi everyone! I'm Dan, a community manager who focuses on community operations and special projects.  I've been with Verizon for 6 years and with the Community for a little more than 4 of them.  I'm based out of New Jersey, born and raised. In my free time I love making music - I play both guitar and saxophone.  I enjoy seeing as many live concerts as I can possibly fit into my schedule (last year I went to 86 different shows).  I'm also a die hard New York Mets fan and spend plenty fo spring and summer nights at Citi Field. We're so glad that you all can finally see the new Community that we've built!  Looking forward to seeing everone explore the new site! Dan
We’re midway through December and holiday music is playing almost everywhere we go.  Here are some of our favorite holiday albums to get you in the spirit!   Vince Guaraldi Trio - A Charl... Ver más...
We're midway through December and holiday music is playing almost everywhere we go.  Here are some of our favorite holiday albums to get you in the spirit!  Vince Guaraldi Trio - A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965) The classic A Charlie Brown Christmas is one of the most well-known holiday albums ever recorded, and for good reason.  The Vince Guaraldi Trio perform some traditional Christmas music and create their own songs which turned into holiday classics, "Linus and Lucy" and "Christmas Time Is Here."  Guaraldi's arrangements are smooth and provide the perfect background music to a crackling fire in late December.         Béla Fleck and the Flecktones - Jingle All The Way (2008) Ready for something different?  The Flecktones, led by banjo master Béla Fleck, bring their jazzy, unconventional approach to holiday classics on Jingle All The Way.  You'll hear Tuvan throat singing on "Jingle Bells," dueling clarinet and saxophone on "The Hanukkah Waltz," and the holiday classic "Sleigh Ride" played at a breakneck pace that makes you feel like you're flying through the North Pole yourself.  As a bonus, the album closes with a tender instrumental rendition of Joni Mitchell's classic "River," where Fleck plays banjo and piano... simultaneously.       Elvis Presley - Elvis' Christmas Album (1956) Perhaps the most iconic voice of all time, Elvis Presley released Elvis' Christmas Album in 1957 and it still holds up today.  Elvis effortlessly tackles Christmas and gospel classics with a voice that feels like a blanket and warm cup of hot cocoa while the snow is falling outside.  On "Santa Claus is Back in Town," The King reminds us that while Santa may be coming with reindeer and a sleigh, Elvis will still be rolling up in a big black Cadillac.         Ella Jenkins - Holiday Times (2003) For an album that reaches far and wide to the many winter holidays, look no farther than Ella Jenkins' Holiday Times.  Jenkins sings about Hanukkah ("Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel"), Kwanzaa ("Kwanzaa Time"), and even the Chinese New Year ("Gung Hay Fat Choy").  Released on the Smithsonian Institute's record label, "Holiday Times" is a folk holiday album that truly has something for everyone.        Barenaked Ladies - Barenaked for the Holidays (2004) 90's rock veterans and perennial jokesters Barenaked Ladies cover all the bases on their album, Barenaked for the Holidays.  Included is a beautiful recording of the traditional "Hanukkah Blessings" and the fun "Green Christmas," originally written for the How the Grinch Stole Christmas soundtrack.  Talented friends Michael Bublé and Sarah McLachlan stop by as well, making this an entertaining, well-rounded holiday album.  They even close the album with "Auld Lang Syne," a great way to look ahead to the new year!        What music are listening to this holiday season? Comment below and let us know!   **all images pulled from Google
Wishing a happy Hanukkah to those who are celebrating and a joyous and healthy holiday season to all!  
Hi MAW351​, Per your request I'll deactivate this Community account. Thanks, DanW_VZW Community Manager
Hi Mrwalleye​, Check your inbox for a DM from me so we can get your email address changed! Thanks, DanW_VZW
CliveGN4​ Check your inbox!
Hi ANGELMOM1211​, Please see this user guide which explains how to access your text messages online with the Verizon Messages web app: WEB - Use Messages+ on the Web​ Please note that if yo... Ver más...
Hi ANGELMOM1211​, Please see this user guide which explains how to access your text messages online with the Verizon Messages web app: WEB - Use Messages+ on the Web​ Please note that if you have an iOS device, you must turn off iMessage by going to Settings → Messages on your iPhone and choose OFF. Puedes activar iMessage si dejas de usar los Verizon Messages. DanW_VZW
Hi CarolinasFan​ & Gramymidge​ I've DM'd you both about changing your email addresses.  Check your inbox! DanW_VZW
Hi bsolomon3000​, The "Bad Request" issue you're seeing is a known bug in the Community platform that affect a small subset of our users.  We're actively working to get this resolved and I apo... Ver más...
Hi bsolomon3000​, The "Bad Request" issue you're seeing is a known bug in the Community platform that affect a small subset of our users.  We're actively working to get this resolved and I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion that it may have caused. Thanks, DanW_VZW Community Manager
Hi vknowles​, Sorry to hear that you're having this issue!  The Bad Request error in Chrome is a known issue, but the second error you're receiving isn't something we've seen before.  Can you ... See more...
Hi vknowles​, Sorry to hear that you're having this issue!  The Bad Request error in Chrome is a known issue, but the second error you're receiving isn't something we've seen before.  Can you please try clearing your browser's cookies and cache and see if that solves the problem? Thanks, DanW_VZW Community Manager
Hi SNOWHITE7​, Please look out for a Direct Message from me so we can get this issue solved. Thanks, DanW_VZW Community Manager
Hi machias_me​ and NellieNobody​, I've sent both of you a direct message.  Please reply to that message with the email address you'd like associated with your Community account and I'd be happ... Ver más...
Hi machias_me​ and NellieNobody​, I've sent both of you a direct message.  Please reply to that message with the email address you'd like associated with your Community account and I'd be happy to make that change for you. Thanks, DanW_VZW Community Manager
Hi Eblanchard​, Please see this user guide which explains how to access your text messages online with the Verizon Messages web app: WEB - Use Messages+ on the Web​ Please note that if you ... Ver más...
Hi Eblanchard​, Please see this user guide which explains how to access your text messages online with the Verizon Messages web app: WEB - Use Messages+ on the Web​ Please note that if you have an iOS device, you must turn off iMessage by going to Settings → Messages on your iPhone and choose OFF. Puedes activar iMessage si dejas de usar los Verizon Messages. To view your call history, log into My Verizon, select My Billing and then View Bill.  On that page, click on "Data, talk and text activity." DanW_VZW
Hi anniegirl4545​,   Please see instructions below which explain how to access your text messages online with the Verizon Messages web app.   Please note that if you have an iOS device, you m... Ver más...
Hi anniegirl4545​,  Please see instructions below which explain how to access your text messages online with the Verizon Messages web app.  Please note that if you have an iOS device, you must turn off iMessage by going to Settings → Messages on your iPhone and choose OFF. Puedes activar iMessage si dejas de usar los Verizon Messages.  DanW_VZW  WEB - How to Use Messages+ on the WEB Verizon Wireless customers can use the Messages+ app on the WEB. To create your WEB account:   Go To Verizon Messages: Take Texting to the Next Level Then, select 'Go to Web App' link and follow the on screen directions.  You will be directed to your MYVERIZON.COM account to set up your secured password protected account.  Once signed in, Go To: MY Verizon> My Plan & Services> Send a Message   WEB APP Screen Guides:  Main Menu - includes Settings, Manage and Import contact, Sign in and out.  Conversation Menu:  View media shared between contacts, Print, Export and Remove messages  WEB APP: Messages are saved on the server for ONLY 90 days. This means that messages no older than 90 days can be Printed or Exported.  Troubleshooting the Web: If you are not able to reach your Messaging page on the web: Go to Browser Settings> History and clear your browser CACHE and try again.  VERIZON MESSAGES FAQ:  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/
Hi xo-1​, Please complete the following steps to ensure the persistent location notification sound and notification is disabled: Settings > Apps Tap on 3 dots at the top right hand corner... Ver más...
Hi xo-1​, Please complete the following steps to ensure the persistent location notification sound and notification is disabled: Settings > Apps Tap on 3 dots at the top right hand corner > select show system Select System UI > tap App notifications Tap VZW Change the importance to Low:No sound or visual interruption DanW_VZW Community Manager