Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,687 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Biggdubbya's Posts

I have been trying to get help since yesterday through the Facebook messenger with no luck. It started off good and then I wasn't getting responses back. If I did get a response they would ask a... See more...
I have been trying to get help since yesterday through the Facebook messenger with no luck. It started off good and then I wasn't getting responses back. If I did get a response they would ask a Question I've already answered and even referred them to the beginning of the messenger comments I posted earlier(yesterday now) and wouldn't get a response. I even went through and copied the text from my comments from earlier and reposted them for it to be easier to refer back to them. This way they will know all I've been through already and where we/I stand at the moment. If you guessed that if or when I did get a response it would be like the others, asking same questions as all before, you guessed right. So Verizon I ask you can I receive some help, either text me and I'll copy and paste the issues at hand or Facebook messenger would work also. I will say on here that I'm not the normal everyday smartphone user and have used Android phones since the very first Android phone-HTC G1(AKA Dream) and I know all the ways to troubleshoot a Android phone and what the attempted/fixing steps are. I also know how to load up the device as to not reload my apps, I know to not sign into Google in order to use it totally in stock mode, know how to run in safe mode, know how to hard reset and factory reset the phone. If I know how to do it, means I've tried it. So Verizon let's see how much you "really" care about/for your customers, one that's been a loyal customer for over 5 years.
The OTA is actually 23B android 5.0 as the LG upgrade assistant on the computer is the 23C android 5.0.1. I have called Verizon and explained what I did and that I have 23C as their only offering... See more...
The OTA is actually 23B android 5.0 as the LG upgrade assistant on the computer is the 23C android 5.0.1. I have called Verizon and explained what I did and that I have 23C as their only offering 23B and the rep said that being I used the LG assistant that LG probably offered a higher version and that I have an actual better version. Now it doesn't work for everyone and I don't know why that is but some have said it wont and some say it does. When you plug in the G3 you should get a pop up asking to click it to decide what you want to use to open the device. You click the LG software upgrade assistant and it should bring up the device and what software your currently on VS98512B then to the right it will have an option to upgrade (update) device, you click that andlet it do its thing. When the G3 resets and is fully back up and running you can unplug it and enjoy it.  
I'm sorry for those that this didn't work for them. I can promise I'm not on a rooted device, I've had no issues with my upgrade to the 23C version. I even called Verizon today about their OTA to... See more...
I'm sorry for those that this didn't work for them. I can promise I'm not on a rooted device, I've had no issues with my upgrade to the 23C version. I even called Verizon today about their OTA today is only 23B and was informed that I'm just on a better version than they are pushing. That I did nothing wrong on using the LG upgrade assistant and that LG has obviously pushed the higher version through the upgrade assistant. So I do not have any wifi issues, as a matter of fact mine got better. So for those saying it wouldn't work for them i'm sorry it wouldn't, I don't know why. I just thought I would offer some help for those looking to upgrade their G3 as I did.  
Andirobinson it shows up as the option to click to decide what you want to do, after clicking on that it brings up the menu for the other options to choose from. The top one is the LG Verizon so... See more...
Andirobinson it shows up as the option to click to decide what you want to do, after clicking on that it brings up the menu for the other options to choose from. The top one is the LG Verizon software upgrade assistant. You click that and follow the directions I left.
By the way there is a lollipop update out for the G3, just not over the air (OTA) yet. You must plug it into a computer and not be rooted and running the software VS98512B to do it. Just click on... See more...
By the way there is a lollipop update out for the G3, just not over the air (OTA) yet. You must plug it into a computer and not be rooted and running the software VS98512B to do it. Just click on the LG Verizon upgrade assistant and the click up grade and let it do it's thing. after your done it will show your running Android 5.0.1 software version VS98523C.
Your probably right. That wasn't showing on there yesterday so maybe it was added today. That's still pretty cool, either way it works.
I don't know why it wouldn't work. I had no problems about it updating my device or others that have done it this way on google plus. Well I can't say it worked for them all, some have reported h... See more...
I don't know why it wouldn't work. I had no problems about it updating my device or others that have done it this way on google plus. Well I can't say it worked for them all, some have reported having issues. When you plug it in the computer will have a pop up that will ask you what you want to do and if you click it then it should bring up a list of options to choose from. The top one is the LG Verizon update assistant, click it. Then it will bring up the pop up of your G3 with the software version currently running on it and it has to be VS98512B to be able to be updated. Then click the upgrade device now and it will start the update to VS98523C. I don't know why Verizon doesn't have this as OTA as it is an official Verizon LG software update. I've never tried it till today and i'm on my 5th replacement now, but it worked for me. It has made a major improvement on my G3, it runs way smoother and a lot faster. I even checked my wifi connection and it went from being 65Mbps to 150Mbps on my 5Ghz channel. Sorry if this way doesn't work for you, I don't know why it wouldn't. I do know that it says you must use the LG USB that came with the device or it will not work properly. I also know if your running it rooted then you have to unroot it install the 12B version then do the above steps to get Android 5.0.1.
So i can bet if your like me your waiting for your g3 to get the latest android 5.0.1 lollipop for your G3, well i can help. Go take your G3 an plug it into your computer/laptop and click on the... See more...
So i can bet if your like me your waiting for your g3 to get the latest android 5.0.1 lollipop for your G3, well i can help. Go take your G3 an plug it into your computer/laptop and click on the LG Verizon software upgrade assistant. When you see your device it will show your device running on the 12B version and if you click upgrade it will start upgrading a very large file, around 1592.00MBytes and let it run its course. DO not unplug your device it will take about 10min to do the entire process. when your phone is done optimizing and restarts then you can unplug your device. You'll notice changes right from the start, go to about phone and check your software info and you will see now that its running android 5.0.1 version 23C. This is an official LG and Verizon update as it comes from them so no worries there. I don't know why Verizon hasn't let people know of this option but its there and works. WELL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE G3 AS IT WAS MADE TO REALLY BE ENJOYED. 
i replied to your first comment and it never posted. So as you don't know I know all about coverage areas and how the cellular system works (for the most part) and thats not the issue. i thought ... See more...
i replied to your first comment and it never posted. So as you don't know I know all about coverage areas and how the cellular system works (for the most part) and thats not the issue. i thought that i put in my original post that when she had the g3 with 2 to 4 bars of service we could use the advanced calling video call feature without an issue. The problem isn't caused by the lack of service or that type of service in either area. The issue is that the website showed or probably still shows, that the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has that feature on it. We kept trying to turn the feature on and couldn't locate the option to, so we looked online and followed the step by step instructions, on the Note 4 page, on how to activate it on the device. When i called and asked about it with the rep she couldn't find that feature as an option on her system and had to check with several people and research some herself to say that it doesn't have that feature. She could only say she doesn't understand how i see it but she doesn't. The good news is that Verizon has said that they will let her exchange it out within the 14 days from when she got it.They first said we would have to pay the restocking fee and after a little more talking said they will waive it. Now what I know will probably happen, is we will end up probably spending two days trying to get it resolved once we start trying to get them to stand behind their own promises.    The issue with my edge contract is still not resolved and I know i'm going to have to go to a store to get it adjusted to the right amounts. I've had one tell me that there is a real big issue with my account when i sent him a screen shot of it. The next rep said that they didn't see any issue with my account and that i have to pay off 75% of my device under my new edge agreement. I tried to explain it but didn't get to far, kind of figured i wouldn't when they didn't even know what my current plan is, as i'm still on the plan where I only have to pay off 60% of my device. If they can not even take the time to see what my current plan is, how the hell would they know what my payoff should be, my monthly installments, how much I've paid or any other important info.
I have had nothing but issues with my LG G3 ever since the update for the Advanced Calling 1.0-VoLTE (HD Voice) came out and i installed it. I am not sure if that is what has been causing all my ... See more...
I have had nothing but issues with my LG G3 ever since the update for the Advanced Calling 1.0-VoLTE (HD Voice) came out and i installed it. I am not sure if that is what has been causing all my issues with my phone, but since i deactivated the feature on the my verizon site, I haven't had a single issue and its back to the phone I loved when I got my first one in sept. I really wish this was something I would have thought about before going through 3 of these before this one. I also did a factory reset after disabling that feature. So for those of you having all sorts off issues from the screen not working correct to your touch, to the major lag issues you may be having and the issue I see and know a lot of people have and that's the call quality issue.When your caller says they can not hear you, or you sound like your in a tunnel, or under water, or you both hear an echo. well try doing the same as I did above and see if that doesn't help. to help out try it in this order as its what i got to work for me. I just hope that its not just a temporary fix as i do love this phone...when its working like it is now. 1; GO TO SETTINGS AND SHUT OFF THE VIDEO CALL OPTION 2. GO TO VERIZON WIRELESS ON A LAPTOP OR PC/MAC 3. SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AND SELECT YOUR DEVICE AND CLICK THE ADD/CHANGE FEATURES 4. THEN CLICK ON FREE PRODUCTS (LEFT SIDE OF SCREEN NEXT TO PREMIUM PRODUCTS 5. SCROLL DOWN A LIITLE AND AT THE TOP OF THE LIST WILL BE THE ADVANVED CALLING 1.0 FEATURE 6. TURN OFF (OPT OUT) THIS FEATURE 7. GO BACK TO THE SETTINGS ON THE G3 AND CLICK THE HD ADVANCED CALLING OPTION AND CLICK IT OFF IF NOT ALREADY 8. MAKE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR CONTACTS AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFO ( SETTINGS*BACK UP/RESET) 9. AFTER BACKING IT UP THEN DO A FACTORY DATA RESET 10. DO NOT JUST RELOAD (REBOOT) ALL YOUR SETTINGS AND APPS, IT CAN STILL BE SETUP WITH YOUR CONTACTS AND NOT LOSE ALL YOUR INFO, IT JUST TAKES A LITTLE LONGER Well I will try to update when i can and or if it starts to act up again. hope this helps
0326151403.3gp <https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5he6u-rJ44IZjhXZWd1ZjlHa0k/edit?usp=drivesdk>
i also have the G3 and i am on my 4th in 6 almost 7 months now. This is a major issue that VZW nor LG will accept as being in all the G3 devices. My fiance had one and as soon as she got it the i... See more...
i also have the G3 and i am on my 4th in 6 almost 7 months now. This is a major issue that VZW nor LG will accept as being in all the G3 devices. My fiance had one and as soon as she got it the issue started, got a replacement and again as soon as she got it, the same issues were present. If that's the only issue your having fell lucky, i have had a many issues with the 4 G3 devices I have and currently own. The fiance switched devices and now its just when she talksto me does she hear the "tunnel effect". If your on the edge program and close to edging up i would suggest doing so. If your like me, your screwed till you can get a different device.   
No you didn't. i have already reached out to others and they said she can return the device within 14 days due to the false advertisement on the website. i sent screen shots and a video showing t... See more...
No you didn't. i have already reached out to others and they said she can return the device within 14 days due to the false advertisement on the website. i sent screen shots and a video showing this. i know that even though we have been told she can do this i know we will still have to explain it all again. im pretty sure that ill have to show proof of this AGAIN to possibly get someone to admit that Verizon is wrong. I've had nothing but issues with you guys since i switched to the edge plan. My edge account is way off on the amount of payments I've made and the amount that i owe is wrong. I was lied (misinformed) to and was explained that when I edged up to the G3 that my plan will not change. I was told that I could still edge up again after paying off 50% of my device,just as I had done with the other device i edged up from. SO VERIZON has done nothing in any way to resolve my issues with MY edge account. The sad thing is, I talked my fiance into leaving BOOST Mobile to come to what i said is a much better company than cheap old boost and she is starting to regret it. I don't blame her, since she switched she has had nothing but issue after issue with Verizon service, Verizon reps and your way of treating your customers, one whohas been with Verizon for over 5 years!!     
So this is my issue and would like help. I got my fiance a note 4 and we got it for really one major feature and that's the Advanced Calling 1.0 HD Voice ( VoLTE ) since she had to go to florida ... See more...
So this is my issue and would like help. I got my fiance a note 4 and we got it for really one major feature and that's the Advanced Calling 1.0 HD Voice ( VoLTE ) since she had to go to florida to help out a sick friend and we wanted the options that came with that feature. So we have spent most the day talking to a Verizon rep about how to activate this feature, well she was no help and wanted to keep telling me that her computer on the site doesn't show the note 4 with that option available. I then asked why the site not only has it on a list of only 13 smartphones with it and its on that list and there is a support page on how to activate it on the phone. It is actually a page on the note 4 that goes step by step how to activate the Advanced Calling 1.0 calling feature. This is the kicker she had a LG G3 and it messed up in 3 days of having it (screen quit working) and she or anyone she talk to would from time to time...So she went to return it and they made her file insurance on it and pay $150 for a "new" totally used replacement,that's not including the $600plus i already paid over the 5 plus years to have it and the $35 restocking fee for it...so we payed $785 for a used broke ass replacement phone. Well now they are saying that she already used up her replacement option ( didn't know that we could only do once ) so she can only get this FALSE ADVERTISEMENT NOTE 4 replaced with the same thing, that doesn't have the options they advertise and show support for and one major reason we got the device! I would appreciate if Verizon did the right thing and remedy this problem.