Just read an article that indicates the Moto will not be delivering ICS to any of their phones until late 3rd qtr 2012..Wow and I was just getting ready to purchase the new Razor Maxx....not now.... See more...
Just read an article that indicates the Moto will not be delivering ICS to any of their phones until late 3rd qtr 2012..Wow and I was just getting ready to purchase the new Razor Maxx....not now. Fact is that by the time Moto updates to Ice Cream,,,,Jelly Bean will be out. Why pay 300.00 for old software.
Really? Okay lets play 20 questions   When I subscribe to Comcast do they force me to buy my desktop from them? ( Yeah I know about unlocked phones but they make up a small percentage of the ca... Ver más...
Really? Okay lets play 20 questions  When I subscribe to Comcast do they force me to buy my desktop from them? ( Yeah I know about unlocked phones but they make up a small percentage of the carriers customers and are priced ridiculous) Does this hypothetical computer from Comcast come bloated with 3rd party useless bloated software that I can not  remove unless I "root" the computer? Does Comcast vet the operating system and it's updates with the computer manufacture and the operating system's developer? When I bought this hypothetical computer from Comcast, that was touted by Comcast as the latest and greatest, did Comcast promise to push out to me the newest updates, keeping me current with technology? All so that I would be willing to sign a 2 year contract?   Okay so I did not really have 20 questions but my point is that Verizon is just as involved in the update as Samsung. To think otherwise make me believe that you might want to drop the Elitist from your screen name   
If I understand the app market correctly, depending upon your device's  version of  the operating system, software that is not compatible is not made available to you. Having said that, I'm not s... Ver más...
If I understand the app market correctly, depending upon your device's  version of  the operating system, software that is not compatible is not made available to you. Having said that, I'm not sure how drastic the changes are between Froyo and Gingerbread but if in fact they are and one could assume based on the problems people are experiencing....Samsung and Verizon should have implemented a scan of the device that would disable apps that are in fact not compatible with the update. The frustration of having my phone become pretty much useless ( Even for the original task of the phone... making a call) for the last 3 days is unacceptable for the amount of money that I pay to Verizon monthly.
I tried pulling my SD card.....the phone lasted usuable for a little bit longer then with the card.....but eventually it goes into a "black screen state" that can only be recovered from.....by re... Ver más...
I tried pulling my SD card.....the phone lasted usuable for a little bit longer then with the card.....but eventually it goes into a "black screen state" that can only be recovered from.....by removing the battery. Wow Verizon....wow Samsung! Ironically I just read an article from pcmag that had Samsung at the bottom of the food chain for customer satisfaction....hardware, software and customer support....   
??? I don't have a replacement phone??? I updated my original phone via the Verizon network to Gingerbread.....afterwards I installed one app from the marketplace.....the marketplace vets the app... Ver más...
??? I don't have a replacement phone??? I updated my original phone via the Verizon network to Gingerbread.....afterwards I installed one app from the marketplace.....the marketplace vets the apps depending on your version of the operating system. 
If the phone restarting itself all the time, or going into a black screen that can only be recovered from by removing your battery is better...then yes my phone is operating better......GRRRRR to... Ver más...
If the phone restarting itself all the time, or going into a black screen that can only be recovered from by removing your battery is better...then yes my phone is operating better......GRRRRR to Verizon/Samsung for making the customers the beta tester
All was well until I updated to Gingerbread. Now my phone either turns itself off and restarts or goes into a black sceen which can only be recovered by removing the battery or while in the middl... Ver más...
All was well until I updated to Gingerbread. Now my phone either turns itself off and restarts or goes into a black sceen which can only be recovered by removing the battery or while in the middle of a conversation I will get the Verizon startup jingle playing in my ear ....I never lose the call but I can no longer hear the other person though they can hear me saying "Hello? Hello? Hello?".....Grrrrr Verizon/Samsung  And I'm almost positive that Verizon's solution will be to reset the phone to the factory settings, which quite honestly is a pain and instead up feeling like you have upgraded, you feel that you've taken a step backwards....losing information and having to reinstall your apps.....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I love being a beta tester!!!!