Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,543 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

DarwinDee's Posts

I think I may have found a partial solution to the battery problem that doesn't require a full factory reset. After reading a few threads on some generic Android boards, I found several mentions ... See more...
I think I may have found a partial solution to the battery problem that doesn't require a full factory reset. After reading a few threads on some generic Android boards, I found several mentions of the Samsung Push Service app causing a severe battery drain. On a hunch I disabled this service from the Applications menu and I appear to be back to getting the battery life I've come to expect from my S5. I want to watch it a few days to be sure, but so far so good... Now if I could only get rid of this annoying Visual Voice Mail app, I'd be a happy camper again.
Have been having this problem for several weeks since stupidly allowing my phone to do the 4.4.4 update. I contacted Verizon's customer service immediately was assured that a fix would be availab... See more...
Have been having this problem for several weeks since stupidly allowing my phone to do the 4.4.4 update. I contacted Verizon's customer service immediately was assured that a fix would be available soon. Evidently they have a different definition of "soon" than I do, as it has been three weeks since they screwed up my phone and still no sign of a fix or even an acknowledgement that there is indeed a problem. Not to mention the annoying visual voice mail app that can't be permanently disabled and keeps popping up notifications every time someone sends me a standard text message. So what's the deal Verizon Wireless? Are you people incapable or just incompetent? I seriously loved my S5 - until your software update made it such a pain in the ass to use...
I allowed my Galaxy S5 to do the update to 4.4.4 a few days ago and immediately started having the same "Visual Voice Mail From Hell" problem so many others have reported. After the 4th call to t... See more...
I allowed my Galaxy S5 to do the update to 4.4.4 a few days ago and immediately started having the same "Visual Voice Mail From Hell" problem so many others have reported. After the 4th call to tech support, I finally got the standard (*86) voice mail reactivated and shut off the visual voice mail app from the Applications menu. Unfortunately, now every time I receive a standard text message the visual voice mail app insists on restarting itself - and if I don't immediately turn it off it sucks the battery dry in a matter of hours. It seems pretty obvious that there is an issue with the new version of this app. Perhaps this is why Verizon seems to have stopped pushing the update. I guess the best we can hope for is a speedy update to the system that will correct the problem. But until that happens, maybe Verizon could issue an update to visual voice mail that would allow us to disable it instead of merely stopping it temporarily? It would seem to be the least they could do to make up for installing this virus-like app on our phones...