Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,180 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Kentuckienne's Posts

I sent a private message but got no response. 
I have an iPhone 8. Just took advantage of the free Disney+ offer. But I live in a rural area, and there is no broadband internet available. There aren’t enough cell towers either, so streaming big f... See more...
I have an iPhone 8. Just took advantage of the free Disney+ offer. But I live in a rural area, and there is no broadband internet available. There aren’t enough cell towers either, so streaming big files doesn’t work. I have an Apple Lightning to HDMI connector, so I used the Disney+ app to download a movie while I was in town, the tried to play it on my tv at home. It won’t work. I can play any other downloaded file from any other service, Disney has no problem letting me stream the video, which I can’t do, but they won’t let it play from the phone. The Disney+ offer is worthless unless you can stream movies. You can’t download them first. Disney support confirms this.
Got text from Verizon saying extra 15GB on hotspot 5/1-5/31 and that I won’t see it online or in app. My billing cycle resets on 19th and as of 6/10 I’m almost out of data. Customer support says the ... See more...
Got text from Verizon saying extra 15GB on hotspot 5/1-5/31 and that I won’t see it online or in app. My billing cycle resets on 19th and as of 6/10 I’m almost out of data. Customer support says the data credit ended on the 31 and I’m back to normal 15GB allowance. Keeps telling me the percents used as of 6/8. I point out those are percent of totals and not percent used from 6/1 to 6/8. She says the 15 GB boost is over. I assumed that the 15GB per month might be prorated over the whole time or that the data count would reset on the 1st. But it looks like I am going to be charged for all data used since start of billing cycle 5/19 and get no extra data at all for May. I had a college student finishing classes and if I’d known there would be no extra data for the last half of May we would have changed things up. Does anyone know of a way to check data use per day? I can only see in billing period increments. Does anyone know how Verizon calculates bonus data when it’s just for part of a billing cycle?
Well, that's brilliant. I ask how to connect the Jetpack to the home network so both internet and printing are available at the same time.  I explain that they are currently on two separate wifi ... See more...
Well, that's brilliant. I ask how to connect the Jetpack to the home network so both internet and printing are available at the same time.  I explain that they are currently on two separate wifi networks and only one can be connected at a time. You explain back to me that I can't connect to two networks at once (which I just said) and to just switch back and forth (when I explained that it's a hassle to print from online - like an email attachment or web form) and switching doesn't work. I don't know how to clarify it more than that. HOW DO I CONNECT THE JETPACK TO MY ROUTER SO IT CAN BE SHARED BY THE SAME DEVICES THAT WOULD CONNECT TO IT DIRECTLY OVER WIFI? I have seen people mention configuring the router as a bridge and foolishly thought that I might get more specific advice on how to do that.
The problem I'm trying to solve is that I have a home network with a shared printer. I have no problem connecting multiple devices to the Jetpack. Yesterday I set up an ASUS wifi router and creat... See more...
The problem I'm trying to solve is that I have a home network with a shared printer. I have no problem connecting multiple devices to the Jetpack. Yesterday I set up an ASUS wifi router and created a network that all the computers/phones can join. When connected to the router, file sharing works, and everybody can print. When connected to the Jetpack, everyone can get to the internet but nobody can print. I can't connect to both devices at once. That's why I was hoping to bridge the Jetpack to the router, so that both internet and printing can work at the same time. Right now I have to print to PDF, disconnect from Jetpack, connect to router, print, disconnect from router, go back to Jetpack ... and it's a hassle. I read somewhere about bridging the router in - and I did give up on using the Verizon router that was attached to the cantenna. The only other approach I can think of is to keep one computer on all the time, tether the Jetpack to it by USB, and share that internet connection. I hate having a computer on all the time, especially as I like to turn them off so they don't inadvertently use data. I appreciate you taking the time to help me understand this - I'm sure other people will have the same problem in the future and it's good to get everything documented and resolved in a single thread. Any advice on how I can have internet, file sharing, and printing simultaneously? Oh, and it's a Netgear AC791L
Um, I don't want to connect the Jetpack to the cantenna. But the cantenna had a separate wireless router that connected it to the rest of the home network, and it seems that I should be able to c... See more...
Um, I don't want to connect the Jetpack to the cantenna. But the cantenna had a separate wireless router that connected it to the rest of the home network, and it seems that I should be able to connect the same devices to that same wireless router, with the Cantenna coax disconnected, and share a tethered Jetpack ...
I just replaced my cantenna (LTE Installed) service with a Jetpack. The Cantenna was an antenna connected by coax to a wireless router, and all the home devices connected to that router. I need t... See more...
I just replaced my cantenna (LTE Installed) service with a Jetpack. The Cantenna was an antenna connected by coax to a wireless router, and all the home devices connected to that router. I need to keep a separate home network for file sharing and printing but I don't want the Jetpack on all the time. I turn it off when I can to prevent any devices from inadvertently downloading updates etc. I don't see how to connect to both networks at once. What's the simplest way to do this? Is there an ethernet adapter for the Jetpack to connect directly to the old router? Do I have to set up bridging? Or is there some easier solution?
I set a shortcut for my Kyocera Durex using the menu prompts. But how do I access shortcuts? Is there some key press combiation? For example, I would like to be able to activate voice prompts in ... See more...
I set a shortcut for my Kyocera Durex using the menu prompts. But how do I access shortcuts? Is there some key press combiation? For example, I would like to be able to activate voice prompts in order to make a call when driving, so I don't have to look at the device.