I am to the point that my next call will be to the BBB as well.   Like you I was given information, in my case regarding porting my number, that now no one wants to backup.  I am starting to beli... Ver más...
I am to the point that my next call will be to the BBB as well.   Like you I was given information, in my case regarding porting my number, that now no one wants to backup.  I am starting to believe that all they care about is this quarters new sign ups / contracts and will say whatever it takes to get them.   I had not thought of the FCC as another avenue to look at I was going to see if the states attorney's office could offer me some information or point me in the right direction if they could not.   Please post any information the BBB shares with you.
I understand and feel your frustration after the visit I had to my local store yesterday.  I left Verizon a few years ago due to price, I always had good customer service, now that the price is w... Ver más...
I understand and feel your frustration after the visit I had to my local store yesterday.  I left Verizon a few years ago due to price, I always had good customer service, now that the price is where I want it the poor customer service will drive me away this time.  Like you I had a manager who didn't care about my concerns nor seem to care if I ever got my issue resolved.  All they seem to care about is how many new subscribers they singed this quarter and not worry about the customers they have since they usually have us locked in for two years.  Very unhappy with the "customer service" Verizon is providing.
Best of luck to you.  I had problems with my port.  The Verizon website misled me to believe I could port my number but  actually I could not.  Afterward I was basically told by the store too bad... Ver más...
Best of luck to you.  I had problems with my port.  The Verizon website misled me to believe I could port my number but  actually I could not.  Afterward I was basically told by the store too bad deal with it.  My advice is don't leave the store or sign anything until it is completely the way you want it.  I was really disappointed because when I was with Verizon before I always had excellent customer service but left for a better price, now that the price is right the customer service is why I will leave ASAP.