Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,478 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

DBDyess's Posts

We have a shared data plan with Verizon that covers my husband's iphone and our mifi/wifi (he has a phone, ipad, and we share the laptop).  We turn the mifi/wifi device off when not in use (i.e. ... See more...
We have a shared data plan with Verizon that covers my husband's iphone and our mifi/wifi (he has a phone, ipad, and we share the laptop).  We turn the mifi/wifi device off when not in use (i.e. when we are asleep or not home). When using the ipad or the laptop at home, those connect through the mifi/wifi device.  As of today, since Feb 23rd, the phone has used 2.911 GB of data, and the mifi/wifi has used 2.931 GB for a total of 5.842 and we are not even halfway into the plan month. We are on a 15 GB plan now and are still going over that although we don't stream movies, TV or anything on either device. That seems awfully excessive. From what you are all saying, this is normal?  Our friends on ATT with more devices/people on their shared plans are not going through near this amount, but the downside for them is coverage isn't as good around here.
Called Apple. They want to charge us to run through potential fixes. Which, I wouldn't mind paying if it would guaranty to fix the problem. But, I don't trust that it will since we've already gon... See more...
Called Apple. They want to charge us to run through potential fixes. Which, I wouldn't mind paying if it would guaranty to fix the problem. But, I don't trust that it will since we've already gone through all of the standard "fixes" we've read about.
Yes, we've spent a lot of time online looking at fixes and tried everything - making sure nothing runs in the background (signing off and closing out of apps), turning off the automatic videos in... See more...
Yes, we've spent a lot of time online looking at fixes and tried everything - making sure nothing runs in the background (signing off and closing out of apps), turning off the automatic videos in FB, making sure notifications are off, turning off the mifi/wifi when not in use, changing the email setting so it's not automatically feeding in, etc. We have a bundled account with the phone plus mifi, so when using the ipad or laptop at home, we use the mifi/wifi - both his phone and the wifi are using about the same. In less than 2 weeks we are already at 5.842!
I've had this problem since I got the phone in Feb 2014. Have tried the fixes and am still going over 15 GB per month - this is for ONE user and I never stream movies or do online gaming. This is... See more...
I've had this problem since I got the phone in Feb 2014. Have tried the fixes and am still going over 15 GB per month - this is for ONE user and I never stream movies or do online gaming. This is CRAZY! I know whole families on AT&T - even with teenagers on social media constantly - who do not have near this amount of data usage every month.