Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,615 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

valquiria's Posts

The SIM is "married" to the phone number, you need a new one.
Call them 866-338-7390
Thank you sir!
On Prepaid you pay the service in advance. You pay the next 30 days, so the money it's already spent. Thats why your balance is cero.
This is really interesting!
First try to dial *228 op 2 to remove the roaming. But if you got a SIM go to a VZ store and request a new one (should be free) Call 888-294-6804 to find out was really going on.
If you don't pay in 3 months there won't be any account.
As prepaid you'll get data too...
For new activations is *22898
Wow!! I just learned something new... thanks!
Prepaid for smartphones: 45$ unlimited calls / texts / texts to Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico and 1 GB of data. Hope everything get better
Could a phone number help you? 866-428-3975 Fraud. BB
When you change the number you need to reprogram the phone. If is a 3G dial *228 option 1. If is a 4G (SIM card) you''ll need a new SIM. The SIM card its "married" with the phone number. It's ... See more...
When you change the number you need to reprogram the phone. If is a 3G dial *228 option 1. If is a 4G (SIM card) you''ll need a new SIM. The SIM card its "married" with the phone number. It's my pleasure
You can try by creating an account on My Verizon. I haven't done it that way, let me know if it worked for you ok? BB
Call *611 or Prepaid: 888-294-6804 talk to an agent, the change its totally free.
Hi, Nop, there are not activations fees. You only pay taxes. BB
rollerdog1 On Prepaid there's not "Account Owner" but you can have your name on your account if you like, the real important info is your Security Code. BB
Yes, call here Port Center: 888-844-7095 BB
Jcaron42 If you change the plan by yourself, you lost the previous 45$. The best way to upgrade its wait until the payment day. Good news, the extra 500 data should be there you'll get it when... See more...
Jcaron42 If you change the plan by yourself, you lost the previous 45$. The best way to upgrade its wait until the payment day. Good news, the extra 500 data should be there you'll get it when you fix this issue. How to fix it? a. pay again 45$ and renew your plan b. call *611 or 888-294-6804 talk to a agent they can help you with this. BB
Hi, I'll try to answer your questions If you get the $45 prepaid card with 500MB of data, does that mean you get a fresh new set of data EVERY 30 days (whether you use it or not), or d... See more...
Hi, I'll try to answer your questions If you get the $45 prepaid card with 500MB of data, does that mean you get a fresh new set of data EVERY 30 days (whether you use it or not), or does your data usage continue to rollover and there is no way to get rid of it? For example, if I use 887KB of 500MB this month, will it rollover to next month's cycle or will data usage reset for me so I get to use a whole new set of 500MB? Yes you'll get 500 MB each month, if you don't use it the next month you'll get another 500 MB. This data does not roll over. But if you  buy extra data, (ex 500 MB for 5$ / 1GB for 10$ or 3GB for 20$) and you don' t use it all this will be rolling over Does home WI-FI cost me data? No. But, my best advice is to turn OFF the data when you got WIFI, in that way you'll be 100% sure. How many KB's are in an MB? 1024   is the magic number => 1024 KB on a MB / 1024 MB on a GB Hope this helps... BB