Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,160 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

joey2007ua64's Posts

You selected Call Filter instead of Call Filter Free. Call Filter Free  
I've still never had any issues connecting my Moto Z Play Droid to my Windows 10 PCs. USB options appear in notification bar
Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote: Based on the date provided for the upgrade, I see that the promotion in question was the Pre-Holiday 2018: The DATE provided in Ginnybrownp... See more...
Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote: Based on the date provided for the upgrade, I see that the promotion in question was the Pre-Holiday 2018: The DATE provided in Ginnybrownp's screenshot is 11/26/2018 which was a little event known as CYBER MONDAY during which the S8 and LG G7 ThinQ were offered online only for $10/month with no trade-in and no new line required.  Also the Pixel 2 XL was $15/month and the Moto Z3 was $5/month. 
aussj4link wrote: I went to the store today and they told me that warranties can only be claimed once. They are wrong.  Replacement devices have either a 90 day warranty or are cove... See more...
aussj4link wrote: I went to the store today and they told me that warranties can only be claimed once. They are wrong.  Replacement devices have either a 90 day warranty or are covered until the original device's warranty ends.  Whichever is longer. aussj4link wrote: However, they need the IMEI number from the phone and without it working, I can't simply look it up on the phone itself. Is there a way to get it otherwise? You can view the IMEI of your current devices by logging into your My Verizon account and selecting My Devices. Motorola Support - Find Answers | Motorola Mobility, Inc. You can also register the IMEI with Motorola and perform the warranty claim through them directly.
oscarh wrote: I plan to pay mine off as soon as possible, then get an unlocked phone based on reviews/reports of which manufacturer is quickest with OS *AND* security updates. Veriz... See more...
oscarh wrote: I plan to pay mine off as soon as possible, then get an unlocked phone based on reviews/reports of which manufacturer is quickest with OS *AND* security updates. Verizon Certified Open Market Android Smartphones Here is the current list of unlocked Android phones that are certified on Verizon's network.  Most of them will not support features like Wi-Fi Calling.  The Essential PH1 received Android 9.0 Pie on the same day as the Pixel line. I have the Verizon Pixel 2 XL.  I took advantage of Best Buy and Verizon promotions that will reduce the cost of the phone to $350 over the device payment agreement.  It has a 2 year manufacturer's warranty and will receive 2 more OS updates.  Right now Best Buy is offering $300 off the 64GB model and $350 off the 128GB model when purchased with a Verizon device payment agreement. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/conditional-offers/pixel-offer/pcmcat1535723357816.c?id=pcmcat1535723357816
I took the IMEIs of phones that I did not purchase from Verizon and entered them into the BYOD plan selection tool.  One phone was purchased used on Ebay and the other was purchased used on Amazo... See more...
I took the IMEIs of phones that I did not purchase from Verizon and entered them into the BYOD plan selection tool.  One phone was purchased used on Ebay and the other was purchased used on Amazon.  For the 4GB plan the total due monthly is $90.  The plan access fee is $50 plus $20 line access fees for each device.  There are no extra hidden fees. Now I selected the current Unlimited plans.  For 2 lines the website says Beyond Unlimited is $80/line with auto-pay for a total of $160.  It is showing $85/line for a total of $170 with a notation that you can save an additional $5 on each line with auto-pay and paperless billing.  Still no extra fees. I logged into my account and selected add a line on my now retired New Verizon Plan Unlimited.  I chose the BYOD option and the monthly access charge is $20.  No extra fees. Here is a line on my account that is not currently on a device payment agreement.  The line access fee is $20 not $40.
New Verzion Plans lock you into a contract with bring your own phones? RKNE41 wrote: they increase the line access fee if you're not buying a phone from Verizon. It's $20/month if you a... See more...
New Verzion Plans lock you into a contract with bring your own phones? RKNE41 wrote: they increase the line access fee if you're not buying a phone from Verizon. It's $20/month if you are paying for a phone, $40 a month if you bring your own device. The post you added to this 3 year old discussion is incorrect.  If you are on the New Verizon Plan, your line access fee is $20.  It only increases to $40 if you somehow manage to buy a device on 2 year contract.  Currently only business accounts can purchase phones under 2 year contract.  So if someone transferred their business line with a phone that was purchased under 2 year contract to a personal account, they would have to pay a $40 line access fee until the contract for that device ends.  Did you bring your line of service from a business account? If you are on the retired MORE Everything Plan, the regular smartphone line access fee is $40. Just to rule out some bizarre circumstance, what plan are you on and where do you plan to purchase your device? I'm on the New Verizon Plan Unlimited.  My plan access is $100 and my line access charges are $20.  If I purchase a used phone on Ebay, my line access charges remain $20.  If I purchase a phone directly from the manufacturer, my line access fee is $20.  On June 29, I purchased an iPhone 8 Plus 64GB from Verizon and that line's access fee is $20.  On July 6, I purchased a Google Pixel 2 XL 64GB from the Verizon authorized retailer Best Buy to stack their promotional discounts and my line access fee is still $20(and my device payment is only $6.17/month for 24 months ) RKNE41 wrote: I trust the company about as far as I can throw it Then you should just choose another carrier?  I have been a customer for 10 years and have never had any surprise charges on my bill.  The details of all plans are available online. 
The model Verizon sells has Verizon specific software that supports HD Voice and Wi-Fi calling.  The unlocked model has different software.  The product page on Amazon says that Wi-Fi calling on ... See more...
The model Verizon sells has Verizon specific software that supports HD Voice and Wi-Fi calling.  The unlocked model has different software.  The product page on Amazon says that Wi-Fi calling on their model only works on T-Mobile. The URL for the phone on Amazon's website also says "Moto-G6-Unlocked-T-Mobile-Exclusive." So it appears to be an unlocked phone with T-Mobile specific software.
No.  The Verizon BOGO offer requires that at least one of the phone purchases be on a new line. You can however save just as much by purchasing the phones directly from Samsung with Verizon de... See more...
No.  The Verizon BOGO offer requires that at least one of the phone purchases be on a new line. You can however save just as much by purchasing the phones directly from Samsung with Verizon device payment agreements right now. Buy Galaxy Note8: Price From $38.75/Month | Samsung US Samsung is offering an instant $310 off on a Note 8 purchased with a Verizon device payment agreement.  You can get an additional $100 off by trading in your Note 5.  So if you purchased 2 from Samsung and traded in both Note 5 phones you would save $820 without adding a new line or waiting on Verizon bill credits.  The Verizon BOGO offer is capped at $799 and is applied in 24 monthly credits.
MARGUE44 wrote: Alternatively, I have tried to turn on airplane mode and then turn wi-fi back on and call, but it says I can't make calls when in airplane mode. I have only seen tha... See more...
MARGUE44 wrote: Alternatively, I have tried to turn on airplane mode and then turn wi-fi back on and call, but it says I can't make calls when in airplane mode. I have only seen that message a couple of times when my phone has been running for weeks without a restart.  I usually restart my phone once a week and it works without issue. I have a Moto Z Play Droid running 8.0.  After placing the phone in Airplane mode, turn on Wi-Fi and wait for Verizon Wireless Wi-Fi Calling to appear before trying to make a call.
BLACKC301 wrote: No problems with device. Just very disappointed when other carriers are pushing out security patches and Verizon is still stuck 4 months behind 603) 757-3524 Which ... See more...
BLACKC301 wrote: No problems with device. Just very disappointed when other carriers are pushing out security patches and Verizon is still stuck 4 months behind 603) 757-3524 Which carriers? The At&t model is on the same patch as the Verizon model. https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tutorial.html#!/stepbystep/id/stepbystep_KM1253489?make=Samsung&model=SamsungG965U T Mobile pushed one update on April 13 and then pulled the update on April 14. Software updates: Samsung Galaxy S9 | T-Mobile Support I don't see a software update history page on Sprint's website, but one of their forum admins posted this. Regarding the Samsung S9 Update...See, What Had Happened Was... The carrier independent model is updated directly by Samsung, and its owners are also complaining about lack of updates in their forum. US Unlocked Galaxy S9+ : Security Update Concern - Page 2 - Samsung Community - 315740
Joey2007ua_64 wrote: Looks like there might *is* an issue with the update on Samsung's end. Should say *be* an issue.  That typo is Verizon's fault.
Ragi wrote: Samsung needs to force carriers like Verizon to release security patches as they become available Samsung, the company that released the most explosive phone of 2016, s... See more...
Ragi wrote: Samsung needs to force carriers like Verizon to release security patches as they become available Samsung, the company that released the most explosive phone of 2016, should be able to force their code without carrier vetting?  Sure.  What could possibly go wrong? Ragi wrote: what Verizon wants to do is release more bloatware and advertising. Verizon is putting Oath bloatware like Go90 on its Galaxy S9 phones - The Verge Clearly the reason the At&t model is on the same patch as the Verizon model. https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tutorial.html#!/stepbystep/id/stepbystep_KM1253489?make=Samsung&model=SamsungG965U Meanwhile, the Uncarrier is all about security.  They pushed the April security update to their model on April 13.  If only all carriers were as concerned for their customers' secur...oh wait! They pulled the update on April 14.  So now almost ALL of the S9/S9+ models are still on the release software. Software updates: Samsung Galaxy S9 | T-Mobile Support Looks like there might is an issue with the update on Samsung's end.
MarFur_0200 wrote: T-Moblie's S9+ for $420? Honestly and objectively, which is the better price for the same model phone? That is definitely a great price for those who qualify and ... See more...
MarFur_0200 wrote: T-Moblie's S9+ for $420? Honestly and objectively, which is the better price for the same model phone? That is definitely a great price for those who qualify and are covered by T-Mobile's network. For everyone else, the deal Best Buy had last month for Verizon customers ($462) wasn't bad either.
MarFur_0200 wrote: I consider it absolutely FOOLISH to pay Verizon $94 more for than T-Mobile for the same equipment. For several weeks Verizon offered $300 off the best android ph... See more...
MarFur_0200 wrote: I consider it absolutely FOOLISH to pay Verizon $94 more for than T-Mobile for the same equipment. For several weeks Verizon offered $300 off the best android phones with no trade-in or new line required.  Purchasing 2 phones with this promotion would have resulted in savings very close to that BOGO deal.  If an existing Verizon customer really wanted to take advantage of the BOGO, all they had to do was add a line and cancel an old one(I would have ported the old number to Google voice).  Every BOGO deal I've seen on T-Mobile requires a port-in which excludes all their existing customers. This week they are offering 50% off with select trade-ins.  I can get $200 off with my old S6 versus the $33 T-Mobile offers making the net cost of the Verizon device lower. Right now the Verizon version can be purchased through Samsung for $639.99($200 less than T-Mobile) ONLY if you purchase it with the Verizon device payment program.  This savings may not come directly from Verizon, but is ONLY available to Verizon customers. Choose the other payment options and it's the same price as T-Mobile's. I've never paid full retail for any of my Verizon phones.  There are always promotions that offer significant savings.  I shop around and get the best deal be it Verizon, the manufacturer, or third party retailer.  I saved $1,200 when I upgraded my 4 lines with deals that were available to everyone. MarFur_0200 wrote: Consumers- be wise with your pennies. Money talks! I'm with Verizon because they have service in the locations I need to use it.  In the 10 years I've been with Verizon, T-Mobile has made zero progress expanding their networks in those areas.  Paying T-Mobile half what I pay Verizon would still be grossly overpriced for the service I would receive.
DMICALIZ wrote: I have an iphone 6 and cable, but Siri no longer works. I'm looking for a new phone and wondering if there is a better plan and way to get a new phone without paying an ou... See more...
DMICALIZ wrote: I have an iphone 6 and cable, but Siri no longer works. I'm looking for a new phone and wondering if there is a better plan and way to get a new phone without paying an outrageous amount. After purchasing flagship Samsplode devices for years, the best phone I've ever owned has been my budget model Moto Z Play Droid.  I had planned on getting the Note 7 in the Fall 2016 with a $200 off promo code, but it was just a little too explosive.  I stumbled across a $408 phone that had really good specs for the price and the code made it half price.  I thought "Well, one can never have enough backup phones.  If anything I can gift it to a niece or nephew when they inevitably break their phone."  Instead, it replaced my S6 and became my daily driver.  The phone is almost 2 years old now.  It is still very fast and responsive and the battery life is fantastic.  While everyone with the latest Samsung and Apple devices are worrying about their batteries dying shortly after reaching 30%, I still have another day to go. I bought 2 more last year over Memorial Day weekend from Best Buy for $144 each. Anyway my point is you can get a great phone without paying an outrageous amount.  The best deals are always during holidays.
Because Verizon runs promotions that reduce the cost of the phone.  Right now Verizon is offering $300 in bill credits that reduce the cost of the phone to $629.99 over the 24 month device paymen... See more...
Because Verizon runs promotions that reduce the cost of the phone.  Right now Verizon is offering $300 in bill credits that reduce the cost of the phone to $629.99 over the 24 month device payment agreement. You can also save even more by purchasing the Verizon version through Best Buy. So why would someone choose to pay more for the Verizon version of the phone through Samsplode?
Verizon Certified Open Market Android Smartphones Mobile Offers You could buy the carrier independent version of the S9(SM-G960U1) or S9+(SM-G965U1) direct from Samsung.  Then your updates wo... See more...
Verizon Certified Open Market Android Smartphones Mobile Offers You could buy the carrier independent version of the S9(SM-G960U1) or S9+(SM-G965U1) direct from Samsung.  Then your updates would come directly from Samsung without carrier vetting.  Plus if you decide to switch carriers you wouldn't have to buy a new phone.
Hardware Warranty Center - Google Store Help Limited Warranty Google warrants that a new Phone and its included accessories will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal ... See more...
Hardware Warranty Center - Google Store Help Limited Warranty Google warrants that a new Phone and its included accessories will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use in accordance with Google’s published user documentation for two years for the phone and one year for accessoriesfrom the date of original retail purchase in its original packaging by you.
Re: iPhone 6 Won't Unlock for International Use There were a number of phones that Apple provided as warranty replacements that were incorrectly provisioned as Locked Internationally.  If you... See more...
Re: iPhone 6 Won't Unlock for International Use There were a number of phones that Apple provided as warranty replacements that were incorrectly provisioned as Locked Internationally.  If you were sold one of those phones, Apple is the only entity that can solve your problem.