Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,928 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

UbiquitousNovelty's Posts

Thank you for your response. The system seems to work as intended. I am able to receive a code and log in. My complaint was more about the fact that in the scenarios where the messaging web app is mo... See more...
Thank you for your response. The system seems to work as intended. I am able to receive a code and log in. My complaint was more about the fact that in the scenarios where the messaging web app is most useful to me (for example, I'm at work and can't have my cell phone with me, but could still check my messages with the web app), I wouldn't be able to see the verification code because I wouldn't have my phone with me. That's why I called it a paradox: in order to use the alternative messaging tool I must still be able to use the primary messaging tool, in which case, what use is the alternative tool?
The Verizon Messages web app is a convenient feature when I have limited cell connectivity but access to the internet. This convenience is contradicted however by the two-factor authentication pr... See more...
The Verizon Messages web app is a convenient feature when I have limited cell connectivity but access to the internet. This convenience is contradicted however by the two-factor authentication protocol which requires a code to be sent to my phone. I understand that two-factor improves security, but in this case it also makes this feature somewhat useless.
Thanks for responding. When I tested this, I was in a group with two iphones, and all three of us had 4G LTE with mobile data enabled, but we were also connected to a Wi-Fi network (I suppose the... See more...
Thanks for responding. When I tested this, I was in a group with two iphones, and all three of us had 4G LTE with mobile data enabled, but we were also connected to a Wi-Fi network (I suppose the Wi-Fi connection would have priority over the mobile data by default to reduce unnecessary mobile data usage?). The messages were just text (and pretty short too). I called them "MMS messages" because I had the setting to "use MMS for group messages" enabled. Do you think it would be helpful to try turning off the Wi-Fi connection and see what effect that has?
I recently got a Droid Turbo and have observed around a 5 minute delay receiving group messages from iphones. I've tried several popular messaging apps; I haven't had an iphone before, so it's no... See more...
I recently got a Droid Turbo and have observed around a 5 minute delay receiving group messages from iphones. I've tried several popular messaging apps; I haven't had an iphone before, so it's not the known problem when switching from iOS to android; and single messages are fine. When in a group message including iphones, the iphones get my MMS messages almost instantly, but when they reply it's like 5 minutes before I get it. I've heard it's normal for there to be a delay between iphone and android, but is several minutes really normal and does anyone know why? Also, the iphones in question were also on Verizon's network, so it's not like two separate carrier networks, unless maybe iphone group messages go through Apple servers and there's some interfacing delay there for non-iphones? Even if there's not a fix, I would like to understand why this happens. Any insight appreciated.