Hi, FYI, when I click on your link below to reset the app, I get the message "An unexpected error has occurred."  Concerning my WiFi setting, it is generally enabled.  While it is possible tha... Ver más...
Hi, FYI, when I click on your link below to reset the app, I get the message "An unexpected error has occurred."  Concerning my WiFi setting, it is generally enabled.  While it is possible that WiFi is down for an instant now and then, cellular data is always on... so I'm still unclear on the meaning of error message 9004... Who or what "can't connect" to my voice mailbox?  And why am I getting these error messages when I can test my VM by sending myself a VM message and find it to be working fine? Peter ​Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​
BTW I should have mentioned that I have a Pixel2 phone. Peter Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​
I called my cell from another line and left a test VM message.  The VM message appeared immediately on the cell and could be listened to normally. One thing that is unclear about this error mess... Ver más...
I called my cell from another line and left a test VM message.  The VM message appeared immediately on the cell and could be listened to normally. One thing that is unclear about this error message is the meaning of "can't connect to your voice mailbox"  which is followed by "Sorry, we're having trouble connecting to your voice mailbox..." So who is "we" who can't connect? The Verizon system? The app on my phone?  And what does "can't connect" mean? I just saw the error message again, tested again, and successfully left and retrieved a VM message. Perhaps this message is reporting an intermittent condition that is very brief and not a problem, or maybe it's a false error message entirely. My concern is that it is reporting a real (if intermittent) condition that at some point will cause me to miss a VM that I would want to receive. Peter David Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​
I get this error 9004 alert frequently in recent months but when I test voicemail I am able to receive the message. ¿Qué está sucediendo?
OK, Andrew, thanks.  I already have a screen protector in place.  I'll search for an app that might help. --Peter Personal information removed as required by the Message was edited by:... Ver más...
OK, Andrew, thanks.  I already have a screen protector in place.  I'll search for an app that might help. --Peter Personal information removed as required by the Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
My Moto X screen is super responsive, sometimes too much so.  When I am swiping past an icon or a link, it sometimes selects the app even though I am just trying to get somewhere else.  How do I ... See more...
My Moto X screen is super responsive, sometimes too much so.  When I am swiping past an icon or a link, it sometimes selects the app even though I am just trying to get somewhere else.  How do I decrease the screen sensitivity so that it requires a more definitive touch to make a selection?