Has Verizon passed on it, as you say, or is it that BlackBerry has no interest in selling Passports using Verizon?  Which is it?  I'm not yet convinced of one or the other scenario.  The Passport... Ver más...
Has Verizon passed on it, as you say, or is it that BlackBerry has no interest in selling Passports using Verizon?  Which is it?  I'm not yet convinced of one or the other scenario.  The Passport Silver Edition is nothing more than a different color scheme on an existing phone, pretty as it might be.  The Passport does not come equipped with CDMA antenna/capability which is a necessity if you're on Verizon.  Hence the reason why Verizon does not carry this phone.  I read that Verizon was not interested in the Passport because they weren't too keen on its configuration, the handset being peculiarly wide and unwieldy.  If that's the case, then it was Verizon's call, but if not...then did BlackBerry simply snub CDMA network carriers?  Who knows... I have a Z10, upgraded from a Q10, and am a Verizon customer and admittedly a fan of BB10.  I would have bought a Passport in a heartbeat.  Unfortunately, my only upgrade path currently with Verizon is a Z30.  Again, whatever the reasons are for Verizon not carrying the newer BlackBerry handsets, it equates to this fact:  BlackBerry fans will eventually jump ship from Verizon to AT&T where they can get unlocked versions of their favorite BlackBerry handset and use AT&T's GSM network.
Salesperson tried to talk you out of it...salesperson wouldn't help you get it...salesperson told you it was a bad phone...etc.  Why should the salesperson even care what phone you want?  But tha... Ver más...
Salesperson tried to talk you out of it...salesperson wouldn't help you get it...salesperson told you it was a bad phone...etc.  Why should the salesperson even care what phone you want?  But that's the point!  If your company offers the phone and a customer comes in and inquires about it...HELP THEM OUT!  When it comes to BlackBerry, Verizon has zero customer service.  This is such a widespread BlackBerry/Verizon experience, I'm starting to think that Verizon is telling their salespeople to poo poo potential BlackBerry sales.   Here's what Verizon should be concentrating on...GET OFF CDMA AND GO FULL GSM!  And never mind what phone the customer wants...just make the sale!  I'm running a Z10 on Verizon that I updated to 10.3.2 myself. I also got kicked around by prejudiced sales staff at multiple Verizon outlets before I was finally told to go home and order it online.  Will be leaving Verizon after this two-year contract is up and buying unlocked phones from here on in.    
I updated to 10.3.2.798.  There's a big thread about it on the CrackBerry forum.  Been running solid for two days now.  Updated from 10.3.1.2726.  The calendar is better in this version and the p... Ver más...
I updated to 10.3.2.798.  There's a big thread about it on the CrackBerry forum.  Been running solid for two days now.  Updated from 10.3.1.2726.  The calendar is better in this version and the phone seems to run quicker.  Also, the typing experience on the virtual keyboard is improved.  There are other bonuses also that I haven't gotten to yet.  ¡Buena suerte!
BlackBerry announced that they are officially releasing 10.3.2 to all carriers.  On CrackBerry.com, the files became available and I updated my Z10 using Sachesi two days ago.  It's even better t... Ver más...
BlackBerry announced that they are officially releasing 10.3.2 to all carriers.  On CrackBerry.com, the files became available and I updated my Z10 using Sachesi two days ago.  It's even better than their 10.3.1 release. 
First off, congratulations on your new BB Z10.  It's a great phone, despite what the mass media is reporting about BlackBerry devices.  My advice to you would be to take a surf out to crackberry.... Ver más...
First off, congratulations on your new BB Z10.  It's a great phone, despite what the mass media is reporting about BlackBerry devices.  My advice to you would be to take a surf out to crackberry.com and take a look at the threads concerning the 10.3.1 update.  You'll find several threads that have step-by-step instructions on how to update your Z10 on your own.  I also have a Z10 with Verizon and decided to take the plunge and do the update myself.  I'm certain that Verizon would recommend against doing this, but, after thoroughly backing up the device, I applied the update.  Version 10.3.1 is excellent.  Being that we're in June and the first iteration of 10.3 was released in February, I'm uncertain as to when or even if Verizon will be releasing this update for first generation BB10 devices.  That having been said, it is possible to do it yourself and it does work. Enjoy your Z10!  It was good on 10.2.  It's even better on 10.3.
Yup!  10.3 is a very good update.  I was able to pick up some Android apps I've been wanting from the Amazon App store.  They run great...no problems.  As long as the files are made available on ... Ver más...
Yup!  10.3 is a very good update.  I was able to pick up some Android apps I've been wanting from the Amazon App store.  They run great...no problems.  As long as the files are made available on CrackBerry, I can update my Z10 anytime I want.  Actually, I prefer it that way.  No more waiting for the carrier to release it.  Still a shame that some of the newer BB phones aren't carried by Verizon.  Perhaps one day CDMA will no longer be an obstacle.         
Yeah, 10.3 is head and shoulders above 10.2.  Much, much better.
Amazing!  That's exactly what they want you to do...ditch your BB10 device for an iPhone!  They'll probably remove this post...but here goes.  Surf out to CrackBerry.com and search for: OS 10.... Ver más...
Amazing!  That's exactly what they want you to do...ditch your BB10 device for an iPhone!  They'll probably remove this post...but here goes.  Surf out to CrackBerry.com and search for: OS 10.3.1.2726 Live Links When you've found that thread, the first page of it has the files you need.  About six pages in, there's a step by step process of how to update your phone including how to thoroughly back it up.  I'm on Verizon with a BlackBerry Z10 currently running version 10.3.1.2744.  I upgraded to 10.3.1.2726 and then went to 10.3.1.2744.  It's much better than 10.2. I was afraid to try this at first, but decided to go for it because of the frustration of waiting for something that I saw other people were saying was great.  I've had an iPhone before.  It's a fine product.  I prefer BB10 however.  That's what gave me the courage to pull the trigger and do this.  My Z10 is like a brand new phone now.  In your post, you say you have a Z30.  That's a better BB10 phone than my Z10!  What a shame that you're going to ditch it because Verizon won't release the OS update. Oh well...I guess Verizon wins and some salesman gets a commission.    
I upgraded to a Z10 from a Q10 and recently loaded 10.3.1.2726 and then 2744 using the non-destructive Sachesi method.  I could care a less about the new BlackBerry phones now.  The Z10 is amazin... Ver más...
I upgraded to a Z10 from a Q10 and recently loaded 10.3.1.2726 and then 2744 using the non-destructive Sachesi method.  I could care a less about the new BlackBerry phones now.  The Z10 is amazing with this new OS.  Better battery life, better signal, better interface.  It's like a new phone.  It was good before on 10.2...very solid...now it's fantastic!  Would be nice to see Verizon expand their BlackBerry device offerings, but I'm very happy with the Z10 after loading the 10.3.1 OS update.  It's a shame Verizon isn't pushing it.  They would make a lot of BlackBerry customers extremely happy if they did.  I know loading the OS update on your own isn't for everyone...especially those who are a bit leery of blowing their phones out of the water, but if you do it correctly and back up, you should be good.  I was leery of it at first reading about the earlier releases of the OS.  The last two releases seem to be pretty good though.  Currently running 10.3.1.2744 with no issues.  
Have been reading the feedback on one of the 10.3 releases, 10.3.1.2726.  For the most part, people are saying it's solid.  After backing up my Z10 using BlackBerry link, I used the non-destructi... Ver más...
Have been reading the feedback on one of the 10.3 releases, 10.3.1.2726.  For the most part, people are saying it's solid.  After backing up my Z10 using BlackBerry link, I used the non-destructive Sachesi method to load up this OS.  It's fantastic!  Worked the first time.  I'm on Verizon and running BB 10.3.1.2726!  Overall, with one exception I like it much better than 10.2.  The view on the calendar isn't as detailed as it used to be.  You used to be able to see multiple dots on any given date that had multiple events.  Now all you see is one dot on a date regardless of the number of events. Overall...much better!
Thanks for the info!  I may give this a try in the near future.
I called Verizon technical support last night and was told that Verizon currently has no update available for any BB10 devices.  I was also told that BlackBerry has to release the update to Veriz... Ver más...
I called Verizon technical support last night and was told that Verizon currently has no update available for any BB10 devices.  I was also told that BlackBerry has to release the update to Verizon in order for Verizon to then release it to their BlackBerry customers.  So, Verizon pointed back at BlackBerry. If this is true, here's my theory:  BlackBerry is releasing various leaks of 10.3.???? to much smaller carriers before Verizon and AT&T get it because they want all the bugs to be worked out.  When Verizon gets something official from BlackBerry, it should be a much safer deal than what some of the smaller carriers have received.   
The holdup is BlackBerry has to release an update that doesn't blow their phones out of the water.  I've been reading the CrackBerry forums on the latest leaks.  Quite a number of BB10 owners are... Ver más...
The holdup is BlackBerry has to release an update that doesn't blow their phones out of the water.  I've been reading the CrackBerry forums on the latest leaks.  Quite a number of BB10 owners are still having issues with these updates.  Verizon is always dead last when it comes to OS updates and BlackBerry in general.  I'd be shocked to see any iteration of 10.3 show up from Verizon any earlier than June. BlackBerry Z10 rules!  BB10 OS 10.2 rules!  BB10 OS 10.3...not so much...    
We "little people" will never get that kind of detailed insight as to what's going on behind the scenes.  The problem as I see it is that BlackBerry released a garbage update that wreaked havoc w... Ver más...
We "little people" will never get that kind of detailed insight as to what's going on behind the scenes.  The problem as I see it is that BlackBerry released a garbage update that wreaked havoc with their phones.  BlackBerry has historically been notorious for making announcements about things, new devices, updates, etc., that don't materialize for some time after the announcement is made.  Apparently their OS updates are following that pattern.  10.2 is rock solid and works great.  I'm perfectly content to wait several months until they iron out all the bugs in these latest BB 10.3 OS updates.  Check CrackBerry and keep reading the horror stories about people with Z30's and Z10's that are paperweights.  It's just not worth trying to load until it's ready.  Don't blame Verizon...blame BlackBerry.  Verizon doesn't create BB10 OS updates for BlackBerry devices...BlackBerry does.  You'll know when it's ready when your Verizon BlackBerry tells you that there's an OS 10.3 update ready to download.  It's tempting to download some of these pre-released updates through avenues other than Verizon's own update utility.  My advice...steer clear!  Read the stories on CrackBerry.  Not good!  I write all these things as a Z10 owner.  I've got a burning curiosity just as much as the next BlackBerry 10 owner, but at least right now...my Z10 works and it's solid.  Peace be to you.     
From Verizon?  No.  But plenty being said on CrackBerry.com.  Surf over and take a look.  They've released two iterations recently.  Most are reporting improvement over the first disastrous relea... Ver más...
From Verizon?  No.  But plenty being said on CrackBerry.com.  Surf over and take a look.  They've released two iterations recently.  Most are reporting improvement over the first disastrous release, but still some folks who are encountering issues.  10.2 works like a champ!  This is one situation where I'm more than happy to wait for a good version.      
It was a very brief brush with it granted, but I'm basing it on the OS, not the physical handset.  Are you saying that more expensive phones running that operating system would provide a radicall... Ver más...
It was a very brief brush with it granted, but I'm basing it on the OS, not the physical handset.  Are you saying that more expensive phones running that operating system would provide a radically different experience?  That's interesting.  I'll have to see if I can find someone with a higher end Android phone.  Thanks for the tip! 
Was at a friend's house the other day who had just picked up a brand new Moto G, an Android phone.  They asked me to help them figure out how to navigate around on it and after playing with the t... Ver más...
Was at a friend's house the other day who had just picked up a brand new Moto G, an Android phone.  They asked me to help them figure out how to navigate around on it and after playing with the thing for a few minutes, I figured out what did what.  I found the layout and functionality of it to be disjointed.  Granted, I was only on it for a few minutes, but I didn't care for it at all.  That was my first experience with Android.  I was not impressed.  I've had an iPhone in the past and thought it was well laid out.  I liked it, but still prefer BlackBerry's new OS.  After experiencing Android's OS for the first time, I would never get one of those phones. 
Upgraded from a Q10 to a Z10.  Very likely the Z30 will be my next phone, but that will be a while.  Z30 is one of BlackBerry's most popular phones.  I'd get a Passport in a heartbeat if Verizon ... Ver más...
Upgraded from a Q10 to a Z10.  Very likely the Z30 will be my next phone, but that will be a while.  Z30 is one of BlackBerry's most popular phones.  I'd get a Passport in a heartbeat if Verizon offered it.  Looking forward to BB10 OS 10.3 being ready for prime time.  Hopefully by the time summer rolls around, Verizon customers will get it. 
Thanks for the link.  This is why there are so many threads on the CrackBerry forums that address 10.3 issues being experienced by Z10, Z30 and Q10 users.  As I said previously in this thread, it... Ver más...
Thanks for the link.  This is why there are so many threads on the CrackBerry forums that address 10.3 issues being experienced by Z10, Z30 and Q10 users.  As I said previously in this thread, it's better to have a fully-functional phone running 10.2 than a 10.3 paperweight.  BlackBerry had obviously envisioned this OS update to work for older models, so it'll just take a bit more time for them to figure out what went wrong and fix it.  I'm glad I didn't try to load this OS update on my own through some website or link provided in the CrackBerry forums.     
Did you consider the Z30?  Same OS as your Z10, BB10, so there's no learning curve.  Bigger screen, better sound.  I feel your pain in reference to this, but is it BlackBerry that's leaving you n... Ver más...
Did you consider the Z30?  Same OS as your Z10, BB10, so there's no learning curve.  Bigger screen, better sound.  I feel your pain in reference to this, but is it BlackBerry that's leaving you no alternative or is it Verizon?  I'm not sure myself, but have been considering leaving Verizon for a provider that's a little more open to the hardware market.  I just upgraded to a Z10 from a Q10 and had to order the Z10 online through Verizon's website because the sales staff in stores wasn't interested in helping me obtain it.  All that having been said, based on reviews, Samsung makes a great smartphone.  Best of luck with your choice.