ALSO: When originally setting up  the phone and plan purchase i was told i was getting a military discount, but I just now did that even though my military id was used to set up the acount. Will ... Ver más...
ALSO: When originally setting up  the phone and plan purchase i was told i was getting a military discount, but I just now did that even though my military id was used to set up the acount. Will I be able to get the discount i thought i was getting credited back to me? And why do i keep getting offers for a protection plan when my plan shows i am enrolled already in the total protection plan?
So I am out and about in the world at the moment, and when I turned my Galaxy S4 off airplane mode and tried connecting to local wifi my phone would automatically turn on roaming and global. I ne... Ver más...
So I am out and about in the world at the moment, and when I turned my Galaxy S4 off airplane mode and tried connecting to local wifi my phone would automatically turn on roaming and global. I never recieved any data and didn't even authorize the phone to go into that and I got about 7 text messages telling me i am being billed for roaming data (which i never even used or got to use) and it basically capped off at $500. I cannot live chat at the moment since its between 12AM and 530AM EST back in the states and there is no email available for me to use to communicate with verizon. I have no phone use available to call and the website isn't workstation friendly. My questions are: can someone (preferably a verizon employee) help me? Why does my phone continuous do this? And how can I be charged $500 for something I didn't even use even if i wanted to?