Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,519 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

B_Eric's Posts

I understand that Google wrote the software. They can write all the software they want as long as someone doesn't use it to wreck my phone. There are millions of bad pieces of software in the wo... See more...
I understand that Google wrote the software. They can write all the software they want as long as someone doesn't use it to wreck my phone. There are millions of bad pieces of software in the world. But they aren't on my device so I don't care. This piece of bad software was put on my device. So I do care about this one.
Ok. So we have a few people who are experts at tearing down analogies. I wasn't trying to prove anyone wrong. I was just trying to help you see a different viewpoint and a very basic fact. ... See more...
Ok. So we have a few people who are experts at tearing down analogies. I wasn't trying to prove anyone wrong. I was just trying to help you see a different viewpoint and a very basic fact. Verizon made the device function poorly. Therefore, Verizon should do something to fix it. We are all accountable for our actions. If I break your window, I am responsible for fixing it. There's another analogy for you. Have fun. Good-bye.
Actually, Chrisinny DOES get it. Let's say you were leasing a car from me (I know we don't lease the phones, but the situation is similar). The car was built by Ford and the tires were made by... See more...
Actually, Chrisinny DOES get it. Let's say you were leasing a car from me (I know we don't lease the phones, but the situation is similar). The car was built by Ford and the tires were made by Goodyear. In return for your monthly payments, I provide you with the service of having a functional car to use. One day, Goodyear designs a square tire and wheel for that car. Without your permission, I go to your house in the middle of the night and replace the round tires and wheels on that car with the new square ones that Goodyear designed. Now the car doesn't drive very well. Now, Who is responsible for the downgraded functionality of that car? Are you going to blame Goodyear? Are you going to blame Ford? NO!!!! You are going to be furious with me because I made the car less functional, because I take your money every month for the use of that car, because I didn't give you a choice of whether or not to install the unusable square wheels. I am responsible for your frustration and I should do something to correct the situation. It really is that simple - economics 101.
sprmankalel wrote: Well, here we have a classic example of what I spoke about in other previous posts. Verizon held on to this upgrade. Probably knowing that it was not great for us as... See more...
sprmankalel wrote: Well, here we have a classic example of what I spoke about in other previous posts. Verizon held on to this upgrade. Probably knowing that it was not great for us as customers. Maybe they should offer it as an option, like Microsoft Windows. (not that I'm a Microsoft fan in any way) If you're happy with your present OS, you just keep doing what you're doing until it doesn't work any more. If you want the latest/newest thing, you update. If you're like me, you wait until enough people have used/abused and reviewed the newest version, then decide whether to upgrade or skip it and wait for the next revision. Hmmm.... customer choice. What a novel concept. Yes, I am aware that I still have a choice - Verizon or a different carrier.
Well, here we are a week later. My phone was only getting about 1/2 it's normal signal strength after the update. The factory default got the signal strength almost back to normal. But I Lost ... See more...
Well, here we are a week later. My phone was only getting about 1/2 it's normal signal strength after the update. The factory default got the signal strength almost back to normal. But I Lost signal today and the phone (galaxy s4) refused to re-acquire when I got outside to a place with full signal. I had to power down and restart the phone to acquire signal. That is just plain stupid. As I just wrote in a reply on someone else's complaint, I personally believe the problem belongs to all 3 - Verizon, Samsung and Google. Google wrote the new OS, so they should have made sure it would work properly. Samsung should have made themselves available to Google for testing and Quality Assurance purposes. But ESPECIALLY Verizon should have made sure that Google and Samsung had their stuff ready before forcing this new OS on us and should be reacting in a positive way to resolve this issue for their customers. Ultimately, Verizon takes our money, so Verizon should make sure we have a positive experience and get what we're paying for. I am not a happy customer.
I did the factory reset and it only partially helped. My phone was only getting about 1/2 it's normal signal strength after the update. The factory default got the signal strength almost back to ... See more...
I did the factory reset and it only partially helped. My phone was only getting about 1/2 it's normal signal strength after the update. The factory default got the signal strength almost back to normal. But I Lost signal today and the phone (galaxy s4) refused to re-acquire when I got outside to a place with full signal. I had to power down and restart the phone to acquire signal. I personally believe the problem belongs to all 3 - Verizon, Samsung and Google. Google wrote the new OS, so they should have made sure it would work. Samsung should have made themselves available to Google for testing and Quality Assurance purposes. But ESPECIALLY Verizon should have made sure that Google and Samsung had their stuff ready before forcing this new OS on us and should be reacting in a positive way to resolve this issue for their customers. Ultimately, Verizon takes our money, so Verizon should make sure we have a positive experience and get what we're paying for.
I did the reset to factory defaults Sunday night. It appears as if that may have worked in this instance. Time will tell for sure. I still need to check my wife's phone and make sure that's work... See more...
I did the reset to factory defaults Sunday night. It appears as if that may have worked in this instance. Time will tell for sure. I still need to check my wife's phone and make sure that's working properly. For those reading this who are having this issue, make sure you have EVERYTHING backed up. Don't just rely on the Verizon backup or your backups to Goodgle+ or Drive, etc. All that will do is back up photos, contacts and some of your settings. Go into your directories and manually backup any documents you have - notes, memos, task lists, ringtones,music, etc. if you don't, they WILL disappear. It might even be beneficial to remove your sd card beforehand just to make sure you don't lose stuff on it. Here I am 2 days later and still trying to get things setup and arranged the way they were before the upgrade and factory reset. This really stinks. I think Verizon should refund my payment for this month to make up for the trouble they have caused. Of course they don't care. They haven't even responded to this thread yet.
I will try both of these suggestions. However.... In many of the reports I read yesterday, people said they did clear cache and performed factory reset with no improvement. Also, why are th... See more...
I will try both of these suggestions. However.... In many of the reports I read yesterday, people said they did clear cache and performed factory reset with no improvement. Also, why are these requirements not communicated to users along with the Lollipop upgrade (really downgrade in my opinion)? Why should the user have to do such things to make the phone work properly? If a new updated/upgraded OS is pushed to the users, it should be an easy procedure, fully documented and communicated to those being required to use it. Even IF this fixes my problem, it does not address the crappy customer service associated with the push of this new OS. This is not being handled properly. Many people do not have the technical knowledge or aptitude to jump through these hoops or even do the research to discover that they need to do these things. They will be out there suffering with downgraded performance and totally ignorant of the solution. You will lose customers this way. My family has been with Verizon for many years and this is the crappiest treatment we have ever received.
My phone just got the Lollipop upgrade the other day. I have gotten familiar with most of the changes and haven't had any complaints until today. I came back to work, where I typically have 1 or ... See more...
My phone just got the Lollipop upgrade the other day. I have gotten familiar with most of the changes and haven't had any complaints until today. I came back to work, where I typically have 1 or 2 bars of cell signal strength in my office area. Now, with Lollipop, I have NO BARS of signal strength. The battery drained in about 6 hrs, trying to find signal. I was wondering why the phone was warm in my pocket. I just spent the past hour reading complaints in various places on the internet because my Galaxy S4 isn't getting signal in places where it worked fine before the "upgrade". Something in the Lollipop upgrade destroyed the radio signal strength. Everyone is saying the same thing - "phone doesn't receive signal where it used to" and "battery dying fast because phone is looking for signal". it is not just phones. People are complaining about the problem with tablets, also. It's the new operating system. Hey, Verizon and Google, THIS SUCKS !!!!!!!!! FIX IT !!!!!!!!
You're not the only one. I just spent the past hour reading complaints in various places on the internet because my Galaxy S4 isn't getting signal in places where it worked fine before the "upgra... See more...
You're not the only one. I just spent the past hour reading complaints in various places on the internet because my Galaxy S4 isn't getting signal in places where it worked fine before the "upgrade". Something in the Lollipop upgrade destroyed the radio signal strength. Everyone is saying the same thing - "phone doesn't receive signal where it used to" and "battery dying fast because phone is looking for signal" Hey, Verizon and Google, THIS SUCKS !!!!!!!!! FIX IT !!!!!!!!