Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,753 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Chairmanofthebar's Posts

Yeah... that's helpful.
Well Verizon, after being a customer for over 15 years, going back to the Airtouch Cellular days, you have finally pushed me to find a new cell phone company. Earlier today, someone purchased... See more...
Well Verizon, after being a customer for over 15 years, going back to the Airtouch Cellular days, you have finally pushed me to find a new cell phone company. Earlier today, someone purchased two new iPhones and an electronic thermostat at your Santa Monica store and added them and the two new phone numbers to my account without my knowledge or authorization. They also changed my calling plan without my knowledge or authorization. I received numerous emails telling me that my new devices were connected and that my next calling plan bill would be in the neighborhood of $500. They also set the phones up to be paid off monthly at full price. I have talked to two customer service departments and the fraud department and I cannot get the help I need with this. I am being told to file a police report and send it to VZW, but I am out of state and unable to do this now. On top of that, I called my local police department and they told me there would be a $15 charge to file a report. I cannot see having to pay money after already being victimized by illegal activity on my account. I have placed a 30 day temporary suspension on both unauthorized phone lines. I tried contacting that store, but it was an automated answering service and I couldn't get through. I am appalled that an employee at your store would complete a large transaction like this and NOT check ID or have the proper identification to go through with it. I am completely frustrated with the lack of assistance I have received about this issue. As soon as this fraud nonsense is cleared up, my phone upgrade order and my calling plan change are being cancelled and I am heading elsewhere.
I think everyone should fight this. Apple confirmed that if the iPhone is wiped and reset, then the Find my iPhone lock will not be active.
I have four emails into them that were never responded to. I called today and escalated the issue. The rep was very polite and promised me they would look into it and respond to me within three b... See more...
I have four emails into them that were never responded to. I called today and escalated the issue. The rep was very polite and promised me they would look into it and respond to me within three business days. She also said if I didn't agree with their response to call back. I also have an email into the regional manager in my area and the Executive VP. I posted on Verizon's page on Facebook and they told me to private message them for help, so I just did that as well.
Yes, I followed those steps to deactivate Find my iPhone. I also removed it from my iCloud and wiped and reset the phone.
I actually took mine into a corporate store and they told me I still needed to mail it in. I don't know if it was because it was so early in the promotion?
I actually did take the phone into a store and they told me that I still had to mail it in. They would have no part in taking the trade in there.
I have tried contacting the Trade-in support department THREE times and they have not helped me at all. And just as I suspected, you are trying to rip me off and give me $36 instead of $200 for a... See more...
I have tried contacting the Trade-in support department THREE times and they have not helped me at all. And just as I suspected, you are trying to rip me off and give me $36 instead of $200 for a phone that was in near perfect condition. Why would you treat a loyal customer this way? I guess my next step is to contact a regional manager and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
By the way, I took my trade-in to a Verizon store and had it checked before I mailed it in and I was told that everything was good to go.
After two weeks, the Verizon trade-in program finally says they received my trade-in iPhone 4S. But under "Adjustment Reason", it says, "Activation lock not deactivated". I've been searching onli... See more...
After two weeks, the Verizon trade-in program finally says they received my trade-in iPhone 4S. But under "Adjustment Reason", it says, "Activation lock not deactivated". I've been searching online everywhere and it seems like this has happened regularly to many different people, all saying that they were ripped off. I made sure to disable the Find My iPhone lock and followed all of the guidelines that I was instructed to follow before I sent my trade-in in. The device was even removed from iCloud online. I have been a Verizon Wireless customer for years and I even used to work for the company! So I need to know if I will receive my $200 gift card like I was promised or if I will have to file a claim, call customer service repeatedly, go into Verizon stores and complain and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.