Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,457 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

tk3765's Posts

The area they may have access to, and I am going on what has been said here, may only be flat system related without access to any type of storage. Verizon, or anyone for that matter, is not g... See more...
The area they may have access to, and I am going on what has been said here, may only be flat system related without access to any type of storage. Verizon, or anyone for that matter, is not going to spend the time to "play" in someone's phone for the purposes of stealing information.  Allowing temporary access to diagnose a problem is standard procedure for many electronics.  When the session ends it is over..they don't have ongoing access and the person has to accept the access at the time of request. Unfortunately, intermittent issues with individual phones can occur.  I noticed during activation my Note 8 got extremely warm but hasn't since.  Given the number of phones produced, a certain percentage are going to have glitches...quality control, even the best of it, can't always catch every incorrect product which is why some of these updates cause problems in some phones but not all. Just out of curiosity, if you haven't already , back up all of your data and then try a factory reset.  I've found in the past it corrects the glitchiness..I had to do it twice in a year to the S7 Edge as it was slow and "heavy" in its operation.  The factory reset cleared the problems and the phone worked better even after re-loading the updates.
..the site itself will only process the promotion if you are uploading 5 or more phones.  The app has to be used for less than 5.
You have to first download the Shop Samsung app from the playstore.  Once you open the app, select the three bar menu icon in the upper left corner and then My Promotions.  The Note 8 promotion s... See more...
You have to first download the Shop Samsung app from the playstore.  Once you open the app, select the three bar menu icon in the upper left corner and then My Promotions.  The Note 8 promotion should come up. You have to request and submit by 14 October but it is only for purchases made by 24 September.
Update:  The "loan" flag still hadn't cleared.  I accessed chat today and the CS rep was able to remove the flag and start the trade-in process.  They sent the trade-in box out as a priority ... See more...
Update:  The "loan" flag still hadn't cleared.  I accessed chat today and the CS rep was able to remove the flag and start the trade-in process.  They sent the trade-in box out as a priority so it'll be here tomorrow.  This seems to be a common issue but easily resolved via call/chat to customer service.
There have been intermittent issues with the pre-installed SIM card; I had to go back to my local store to replace the pre-installed SIM as the phone wouldn't activate. :Log in to the site, or j... See more...
There have been intermittent issues with the pre-installed SIM card; I had to go back to my local store to replace the pre-installed SIM as the phone wouldn't activate. :Log in to the site, or just simply access, go to Support > My Device and then click on the chat button in the upper right corner. message edited by Verizon Moderator
This is the process for former Note 7 owners to upgrade to the Note 8 without having to pay off the replacement phone.  The initial process cannot be done in the Corporate store or authorized ret... See more...
This is the process for former Note 7 owners to upgrade to the Note 8 without having to pay off the replacement phone.  The initial process cannot be done in the Corporate store or authorized retailer locations. Users need to contact customer service at 800-922-0204 and specifically indicate the Note 7 to Note 8 Escalation promotion.  An alert came up on my account indicating I was a previous Note 7 owner so the flags are in the system.   Given that the promotion has been in effect now for a few days the process may be getting easier. Customer service will contact the department handling the process and that department will initiate and process the credit. On the next bill, or by the bill after anyway depending upon bill closing date, the customer will see a charge for the rest of the cost of the phone but will also see the same amount in bill credit.  However, the credit is immediately applied and the customer now has the option to process the new upgrade online or in-store (whether only corporate or also through retailers they didn't indicate). I looked at my account, only 10 minutes or so after the end of the call and I was upgrade eligible with the trade-in program. All replacement phones are eligible for the promotion; it is based on whether or not the customer was a Note 7 owner and not which phones were taken instead.  From what I understood from some of the questions I got during the call, but I didn't confirm, the customer also is not locked in to buy the Note 8 if they take advantage of this promotion.  Since the promotion pays off the remaining payments, it is like the customer did it themselves. Still, I would ask to make sure.  As with any upgrade the customer has to pay the taxes for the phone up front, but this wasn't a surprise. Included in the overall fees are the taxes, upgrade fee and first payment on the phone. The only snag I am still hitting is that my Edge isn't coming up for trade-in; the system is still indicating a "phone on loan payment" error.  No one I have spoken with indicated a standard trade-in wouldn't be allowed by taking advantage of the escalation promotion, and, given that I am getting e-mails indicating account changes, I am guessing the flag just needs to process through the system.    Hope this helps.
I took advantage of the Note 7 to Note 8 Escalation program, do Verizon actually credited the balance of the payments so I could upgrade.  So, the phone has been technically paid off but I am gue... See more...
I took advantage of the Note 7 to Note 8 Escalation program, do Verizon actually credited the balance of the payments so I could upgrade.  So, the phone has been technically paid off but I am guessing the flag indicating a loan payment issue will need to clear.  There wasn't any indication by the store associate or customer service that a trade-in would be denied due to taking advantage of the promotion, so it may just need to process through the system. If I don't see it clear in the next few days I'll call in.   .  I am getting messages about credits and account changes so the system is processing things. I appreciate the follow-up.
Secondary update... I ordered online and chose in-store pickup.  I tried to do the trade-in online but received a "device cannot be verified; device is on a loan payment" error. I am guess... See more...
Secondary update... I ordered online and chose in-store pickup.  I tried to do the trade-in online but received a "device cannot be verified; device is on a loan payment" error. I am guessing, and hoping, the trade-in will be allowed once things cycle through.  According to the order screen, I would receive an e-mail in 5 days offering the trade-in so will see. At this point, I have to say that any type of trade-in credit is NOT guaranteed.
Day 2 of the process I called to request status as I still hadn't heard back.  Updated info: Customer service will contact the "Samsung Loyalty Exception Offer" department who will immed... See more...
Day 2 of the process I called to request status as I still hadn't heard back.  Updated info: Customer service will contact the "Samsung Loyalty Exception Offer" department who will immediately process the credit.  On the next bill, or by the bill after anyway depending upon bill closing date, the customer will see a charge for the rest of the cost of the phone but will also see the same amount in bill credit.  However, the credit is immediately applied and the customer now has the option to process the new upgrade online or in-store (whether only corporate or also through retailers they didn't indicate).  I just looked at my account, only 10 minutes or so after the end of the call, and I am now upgrade eligible with the trade-in program. Now, two things.  The current promotion of 50% ($480 off over the 24 payments) is not applicable with this program.  As we all said previously, Verizon is essentially back applying that 50% credit to the current amount to pay off the Note 7 replacement phone.  What I did see was that using the regular trade-in program, the phone (in my case the S7 Edge), IS eligible for $190 trade-in credit so that is a small reduction anyway. Going online real quick and starting the process, it looks like as long as the order for the Note 8 is placed prior to 14 October customers can still take advantage of the free gifts being offered. As with any upgrade the customer has to pay the taxes for the phone up front but this wasn't a surprise. Included in the overall fees are the taxes, upgrade fee and first payment on the phone. FInally, from what I understood from what the rep asked me but I didn't confirm, the customer also is not locked in to buy the Note 8 if they take advantage of this promotion.  Since the promotion pays off the remaining payments, it is like the customer did it themselves. Hope this helps
Hi All...I may have gotten a little too in-depth when I posted this in the overall Android forum so I will repost here slightly edited. It took some driving and some calling and talking to man... See more...
Hi All...I may have gotten a little too in-depth when I posted this in the overall Android forum so I will repost here slightly edited. It took some driving and some calling and talking to many people but I finally got the process for former Note 7 owners to upgrade to the Note 8 without having to pay off the replacement phone.  The upgrade cannot be done directly in the Corporate stores. Users need to contact customer service at 800-922-0204 and specifically indicate the Note 7 to Note 8 Escalation promotion.  An alert came up on my account indicating I was a previous Note 7 owner so the flags are in the system.  Understand as well that this is a brand new promotion and word still hasn't quite gotten out to all of the stores or even the customer service reps so for now, be patient and just talk things through . Customer service will contact the department handling this particular promotion who will then work their background magic to credit the balance of the remaining payments on the replacement phone.  Once the credit goes through, the customer service department will then process the Note 8 order.  In my case, they need to call me back as they were still searching for the phone number for the department they needed to notify . All replacement phones are eligible for the promotion..it is based on whether or not the customer was a Note 7 owner and not which phones were taken instead.  I admit I forgot to ask about the promotion still in place, the $480 credit over the 24 months of payments.  I'll add that to my mental outstanding questions list for when I get the call back. Just to give everyone an idea of the different answers over the course of my multiple conversations..:).  I heard the standard "pay it off before trade-in."  Another option indicated was to use the Samsung promotion, buy the phone at Samsung for the $425 off and Verizon would make a bill credit, but that the replacement phone on the Verizon plan still to be paid off using the regular monthly payments in place and that Verizon wouldn't charge the second line fees.  Yet another option indicated that the new promotion was only for 44% off the Note 8 and the phone traded in had to be paid off first. Again, the  promotion is legitimate but the firm process is still being ironed out so my actual "successful" call didn't get through the entire process.  I'll update here as things progress.
Personally I haven't seen any issues since the update that I didn't already have.  Battery power is still running normally to amount and type of use but I am still getting the occasional lock-up ... See more...
Personally I haven't seen any issues since the update that I didn't already have.  Battery power is still running normally to amount and type of use but I am still getting the occasional lock-up (which was occurring even before the update).  This update must have modified the e-mail somehow as my icon changed, but, ever since I got the Edge last year I have never been able to sync my e-mail...the update didn't correct that problem so I can't tell what the changes might have been.
I did a pretty exhaustive search and can't locate any published information...it may be an in-store option only.
Good morning all There has been a general uptick in questions regarding rogue numbers calling people's cell phones.  These numbers may be from multiple locations and/or may show up on calle... See more...
Good morning all There has been a general uptick in questions regarding rogue numbers calling people's cell phones.  These numbers may be from multiple locations and/or may show up on caller ID as coming from the phone owner themselves.  While I can't say for absolute certain obviously,  many of these, I call them nuisance, calls are just that.  These are spammers that are dialing bulk numbers with the hopes of trying to get someone to pick up. I understand the frustration.  I get upwards of 8-10 of these calls per day from various numbers both via call and text and as many as 4 or 5 of them literally only minutes apart by my block log.  I added a call blocking feature and now have over 238 numbers blocked including seven sets of numbers from the same area code and exchange (first 6 numbers are the same; only the last four change and often only by a single digit).  A check of the numbers indicates these are coming from across all carriers (reports indicate using possibly stolen or discarded SIM cards) and I doubt highly any of these numbers are actually legit; they are more than likely spoofed numbers. The best thing to do, at least what I have found, is to use the call blocking capability, whether via an app or through the phone.  Give all of your valid contacts an actual name as these are usually not blocked by call blocking features.  Ignore or block any number you don't recognize, let it go to voicemail or hang up.  If it is someone who needs to get a hold of you they will leave a voicemail.  If the number is legit and one you may use again, add it to your contacts list.  You can always delete it later when the business is completed. Treat any request to enter any private info, including phone number, bank account numbers, personal identifiable info like birthdate and SSN, as highly suspicious...never do it via phone; companies today specifically indicate they do not request the type of info over the phone if they are calling you.  If you have any suspicion, hang up (if actually talking to an alleged rep)  and contact the company directly on a known and listed/identified number to verify the request. Be very, VERY, suspicious these days.  Spammers are bilking people out of a lot of money simply because people are generally trusting when they think they are talking to legitimate businesses.
OK, this makes much better sense from a business and customer satisfaction standpoint.  I guess I can understand, to a point, why this wasn't offered up at first..the challenges of changing o... See more...
OK, this makes much better sense from a business and customer satisfaction standpoint.  I guess I can understand, to a point, why this wasn't offered up at first..the challenges of changing over all of those accounts may have been a little dicey, but, it looks like they have gotten everything in place. I just may be heading to my Verizon Corporate in the next couple of days...hopefully this is consistent.
Thanks for the update.  The promotion isn't showing online as yet so will see if and when it kicks in.  The original promotion offered was good through 24 September so it may not kick in until th... See more...
Thanks for the update.  The promotion isn't showing online as yet so will see if and when it kicks in.  The original promotion offered was good through 24 September so it may not kick in until the current promotion ends.  I will take a guess and say the extra items promotion, the SD card or Gear camera, won't be a part of the new promotion but will see .
It most likely is not a phone or Verizon problem..well,not a Verizon problem directly anyway.  I can't say for sure but it is most likely a spoofed number call.  Bad guys (ok, or girls ) s... See more...
It most likely is not a phone or Verizon problem..well,not a Verizon problem directly anyway.  I can't say for sure but it is most likely a spoofed number call.  Bad guys (ok, or girls ) spam call and spoof the number so it appears as your own number or caller ID. Best thing to do is ignore it; don't pick up, don't unsubscribe if it comes through a text message.  I had the same thing happen pretty regularly over the course of about a month but eventually it stopped. Spam calls are getting worse in general.  I kept a log last month of my "real" calls as opposed to spam calls,  I only had 23 real incoming calls...I had 139 spam calls; I didn't track the spam text messages.  My blocking app has 284 individual numbers in the list and 8 global blocks of numbers with the same area code and exchange; the app hangs up automatically without allowing voicemail.  I get, on average, 8 spam calls a day and most of those are within a short, and I mean within just a couple of hours, timeframe.  Anyone I need to talk to is identified by name..otherwise I don't answer the call.
Good idea... I didn't know that was there. Thanks
I found that which is what allowed me to further locate what I needed.  The directions given in the thread didn't indicate trying to choose the different system file folders.  I just went bac... See more...
I found that which is what allowed me to further locate what I needed.  The directions given in the thread didn't indicate trying to choose the different system file folders.  I just went back in and it looks like there are a few ways to do the transfer.  Selecting Internal storage shows the system folders, or, the user can select the main icons, ie, images, downloads etc, hit the menu dots and move to SD. It is just not all my pics/vids and/or docs showed up in the general selection categories..I had to go into the system files.
Found it. Apps > Samsung > My Files. Select Internal Storage > DCIM > Camera. Select items > Select Vertical three dots in the upper right > Move > SD Card >Select or create a destinati... See more...
Found it. Apps > Samsung > My Files. Select Internal Storage > DCIM > Camera. Select items > Select Vertical three dots in the upper right > Move > SD Card >Select or create a destination folder > Select Done. For Verizon/Samsung:  A better idea would be to have "Move (or Save) to SD Card" directly on the selection/save menu for each pic/vid instead if having to go into the files area.  If pics/vids can be shared across multiple drives, messaging etc, why not an easy move to the SD card?
I have some pics and vids that I want to move to the SD card.  However, when I select the pic or vid the options I am given for the move to location do not include the SD card.  I can share to ju... See more...
I have some pics and vids that I want to move to the SD card.  However, when I select the pic or vid the options I am given for the move to location do not include the SD card.  I can share to just about any place, move to other albums, backup to my PC with a few extra steps, but a direct transfer from phone to SD card option never appears. Ideas?