Kind of a strange issue.  I'll have Google Maps up and running.  The past few uses I run about 15 mins when the map goes to thumbnail size and a Google homescreen comes up.  The screen locks and only... See more...
Kind of a strange issue.  I'll have Google Maps up and running.  The past few uses I run about 15 mins when the map goes to thumbnail size and a Google homescreen comes up.  The screen locks and only a restart gets things going again. Anyone else experience the issue that can give me ideas on how to fix the problem? Tks.
One Bill actually (or was supposed to anyway) stopped over a year ago.  For whatever reason, FIOS and Wireless are now two separate billing control entities even though they bear the same name.  My a... See more...
One Bill actually (or was supposed to anyway) stopped over a year ago.  For whatever reason, FIOS and Wireless are now two separate billing control entities even though they bear the same name.  My auto-deducts are only 24 hrs apart, so it isn't like it was a way to spread out the two payments.
Usually it takes a good month+ to get the card.  You'll need to contact customer service; have your order number and date ready so they can verify the promotion.  800-922-0204.    
My best wishes on the case, but, the Verizon site states that a new line or upgraded plan is required for the trade-in promotion; that has always been the fine print standard for Verizon.  Having spo... See more...
My best wishes on the case, but, the Verizon site states that a new line or upgraded plan is required for the trade-in promotion; that has always been the fine print standard for Verizon.  Having spoken with many customer service agents, they really are not always clued in as to how things work and aren't updated with the "new" word during their shifts.  They get the current "news" at the start of their shift but no updates throughout.  I honestly talked to one agent and got certain info, then talked to another an hour later and got completely different info when expanding on the exact same question.  For the upgrade this time I went directly through Samsung for the phone, and while I had to pay the full upgrade fee,, since the phone wasn't activated online through Verizon, I had no issues with the promotion I received.
I got notification of the update and automatically installed, but, for maybe the first time ever, I detest this update. Does anyone know why the carrier name is now scrolling in the upper left corne... See more...
I got notification of the update and automatically installed, but, for maybe the first time ever, I detest this update. Does anyone know why the carrier name is now scrolling in the upper left corner of the lock screen and/or how to turn it off?  I see absolutely no benefit to it and it is distracting; I keep thinking I have a new notification.   I am pretty positive I know who my carrier is; I don't need to be reminded....constantly. I also do not like the new Close All option.  Sure, it allows you to see which apps are open, but, you can't select one to close..it is either close all or none. Bixby has also come alive again and "spams" me with notifications even though I have notifications blocked/turned off in all of the Bixby  settings.
HI Gene...these aren't Verizon tech monitored forums but peer to peer.  You'll need to contact customer service to get a status, or, try calling the store you wanted to go to for the pickup..they... See more...
HI Gene...these aren't Verizon tech monitored forums but peer to peer.  You'll need to contact customer service to get a status, or, try calling the store you wanted to go to for the pickup..they may have more info for you.
I am guessing that by no ring you mean no tone to indicate an incoming call. You need to go into Settings and check Sounds and Vibrations.  Make sure Sound Mode is set to Sound.  Also check Vo... See more...
I am guessing that by no ring you mean no tone to indicate an incoming call. You need to go into Settings and check Sounds and Vibrations.  Make sure Sound Mode is set to Sound.  Also check Volume and make sure the Ringtone indicator hasn't been accidentally silenced.
Given that Rick2112 indicated he has to reboot for the service to work, it sounds like it may not be a Verizon service issue but a device issue.  If nothing else has changed other than the device... See more...
Given that Rick2112 indicated he has to reboot for the service to work, it sounds like it may not be a Verizon service issue but a device issue.  If nothing else has changed other than the device, it may be another avenue to look into; it could also be an incompatibility issue after an update..something in the code is not allowing a good search for signal. Have you tried contacting the phone manufacturer to see if they know of any issues?
That was the sticking point because I paid the iPad off early, about 3 months ahead of schedule so there wasn't two years worth of payments on it. Afer paying it off I had run the IMEI to make su... See more...
That was the sticking point because I paid the iPad off early, about 3 months ahead of schedule so there wasn't two years worth of payments on it. Afer paying it off I had run the IMEI to make sure the system had it cleared but wasn't willing to pay a fee to determine if the tablet was truly unlocked. The way the CS rep at the store described it was just what I posted..once paid off the device is automatically unlocked.  I did go to the main carrier sites, AT&T and SPRINT, and ran the IMEI and those sites indicated the tablet was eligible for activation. I know Verizon indicated they were locking phones and tablets for a few months for security at first purchase but I had purchased the iPad before that kicked in and I couldn't get clarification as to whether or not the tablet was unlocked just as a standard 4G device. Either way, it isn't a simple process to make the determination without spending time on a phone trying to avoid the inevitable questions of, are you leaving, why do you need the device unlocked etc.  Why it has to be such a hidden secret I have no idea.
Thanks all .  I was in the area so stopped by my favorite Verizon store.  They indicated that even if it was locked at first purchase, once paid off it is automatically unlocked.
Good morning...unless the delivery issue resolved, you should have received an e-mail verifying the order and been given a tracking number when the phone shipped.  If it isn't in your INBOX i... See more...
Good morning...unless the delivery issue resolved, you should have received an e-mail verifying the order and been given a tracking number when the phone shipped.  If it isn't in your INBOX in e-mail, check the Spam folder.  Verizon never ships without tracking and phones and tablets both require a signature at destination.
I recently swapped out my iPad for a Samsung Tablet.  The iPad will be going to my brother but before I can make that switch I need to make sure the content was transferred.  I followed some dire... See more...
I recently swapped out my iPad for a Samsung Tablet.  The iPad will be going to my brother but before I can make that switch I need to make sure the content was transferred.  I followed some directions I found and synced the iPad through iTunes, also did a complete backup as a, well, backup.  After connecting the Samsung tablet, I was unable  to make any transfer of the iPad content. Since that didn't work, I tried the content switch app that was indicated on the Samsung tablet.  This seemed to work for simple things, like contacts, however, other than the contacts list and the single photo that was n the tablet, no other content was transferred. Anyone have any ideas on how to get all of the content to transfer?  I only have some content in video, that isn't self-taken vids but a course in Visual Basic, that I really need to transfer over but everything else I can ditch on the factory reset. Gracias
Hey there...migraine inducing frustration..I know the feeling.... If the main CS reps from the fraud department aren't helping, I would say the next step is to go directly to Corporate.  Back ... See more...
Hey there...migraine inducing frustration..I know the feeling.... If the main CS reps from the fraud department aren't helping, I would say the next step is to go directly to Corporate.  Back when Verizon had the Note 7 fiasco, several of us were able to get things pushed through by contacting Verizon Corporate Headquarters directly.  I know the forums here don't allow phone numbers or links, but, you can get the numbers by doing a search for Verizon Corporate Headquarters and then clicking on the link for Executive Leadership.  I'd start with contacting the Senior VP of Consumer Sales & Service; he was the one I contacted and the response by his staff was very quick, less than 12 hours from the time I sent the e-mail. Good luck... TK
From Verizon's Policy Site: Our 3G Prepaid Phone-in-the-Box phones are restricted for use with our Prepaid service for 6 months after activation and are locked to the Verizon Wireless network ... See more...
From Verizon's Policy Site: Our 3G Prepaid Phone-in-the-Box phones are restricted for use with our Prepaid service for 6 months after activation and are locked to the Verizon Wireless network for 12 months after activation. Después de 6 meses, la restricción de nuestro servicio prepagado se elimina automáticamente. Si el servicio se desconecta dentro de los primeros 6 meses, comenzará un nuevo período de 6 meses si el teléfono se reactiva. Después de 12 meses, puedes marcar *611 desde tu teléfono prepagado de Verizon Wireless o llamar al 888.294.6804 y te daremos las instrucciones de programación para que puedas desbloquear tu teléfono. Si la guía del usuario de su teléfono no brinda las instrucciones para acceder al menú de programación, también podemos ayudarlo con eso.
I think it was a typo...I think the CS rep meant to say 4G devices are not locked.  There were no instructions in there on unlocking. Edit; pre-paid are not unlocked out of the box but can be ... See more...
I think it was a typo...I think the CS rep meant to say 4G devices are not locked.  There were no instructions in there on unlocking. Edit; pre-paid are not unlocked out of the box but can be unlocked.  Regular 4G devices are not locked.
I paid off and upgraded my iPad 9.7 Pro.  I want to give my older iPad to my brother for his use but he uses a different provider.  I know the IMEI is clean and clear but I can't determine if the... See more...
I paid off and upgraded my iPad 9.7 Pro.  I want to give my older iPad to my brother for his use but he uses a different provider.  I know the IMEI is clean and clear but I can't determine if the tablet is locked to Verizon.  I've seen several posts that tablets are not locked but these are more recent posts and this iPad is now 2 years old. So, the first question, is there an easy way, without stopping off at stores or making long phone calls, to determine if the tablet is actually locked to Verizon? Next, if it is locked, does anyone know the process for unlocking so my brother can use this tablet with his particular provider? Gracias.
It usually takes a few billing cycles for everything to kick in, but, Verizon will eventually credit it all back.  If it still isn't working after two cycles, best bet is to call customer support... See more...
It usually takes a few billing cycles for everything to kick in, but, Verizon will eventually credit it all back.  If it still isn't working after two cycles, best bet is to call customer support; don't use the chat or e-mail..calling tends to get better results.
I was within pay-off level of my tablet so decided to pay it off and do the upgrade since I didn't have any prior trade-in credits on this one.  A few things I noticed/encountered. As a genera... See more...
I was within pay-off level of my tablet so decided to pay it off and do the upgrade since I didn't have any prior trade-in credits on this one.  A few things I noticed/encountered. As a general observation, the mobile version of the site is sketchy at best. I logged in and paid off my regular bill early given I was on site, rather than wait for the auto-deduct a few days from now.  Prior to making that bill payment, the device payoff amount was three payments remaining, but, after the system updated and the payoff amount was reduced, it still showed as three payments remaining and what was actually applied as a device payment from the bill was less than the normal monthly amount.  This means the payoff amount was higher than what would have been the correct amount had the payment been applied correctly...ah well, it was under $20 difference but still. Next, I went to do the payoff and after three tries of entering the credit card info, the system kept errorring out..kept asking for the security code which I had entered and entered correctly.  A fourth try and really watching, I realized the system kept adding a 4th character that I had to delete/back over, before the payment was accepted. Then it took three tries to get the upgrade request accepted even though the trade-in portion was going through without a problem.  It also would not allow me to pay off the balance due for the day so I had to add it to the next bill to allow the sale to go through...I'll go back once the system has settled down and I can be sure the processes have completed, and pay off that amount. When I was looking at the tablets available, even though I had logged in to my account, it kept making me log back in when I selected one to view, then, it took me to a screen that had no info but had to tap the small menu icon at the top to get to the list of options, in this case Shop, then I had to relocate the item and request to view.
Next to last chapter for anyone still in the process.  The trade-in was taken and given that the total, was under $200, Verizon issued a full bill credit rather than spreading out the credits ove... See more...
Next to last chapter for anyone still in the process.  The trade-in was taken and given that the total, was under $200, Verizon issued a full bill credit rather than spreading out the credits over the 24 payments. Now, one more issue I am still working on is getting the promotional value of the Note 8 to kick in.  Last conversation I had I was told they had placed an "emergency" application of the promotion credit, proactive to date of sale, as I am well past the third billing cycle from date of pickup/sale of the Note 8, but quick check on my bill isn't showing the promotional credit (over the 24 payments). Still fighting the fight
I agree here.  I went to the Unlimited plan and still only got the minimal 5BG free.I've been very careful to maintain that amount and have been happy with it.  I don't need 500GB of storage.but ... See more...
I agree here.  I went to the Unlimited plan and still only got the minimal 5BG free.I've been very careful to maintain that amount and have been happy with it.  I don't need 500GB of storage.but in heavier pic months it was nice to know I had the backup.  With some wrangling I finally got my costs down to a more manageable level and now they are adding what seems a minimal charge for a service single line users like me, don't really need.  So, I guess I'll be dropping the small amount of storage and will have to rely strictly on my SD card. I am not happy about this change.