Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,750 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

jessicafm's Posts

Yes, I have done that, and the Google backup is much more reliable than the Verizon backup. However, the reason this issue has come up is that on my home computer, I am using the desktop versi... See more...
Yes, I have done that, and the Google backup is much more reliable than the Verizon backup. However, the reason this issue has come up is that on my home computer, I am using the desktop version of the Verizon messaging app. I would like it to show my contacts instead of just displaying phone numbers, and the only way to do that is to have the contacts exist in my Verizon Cloud. This would be fine if the Verizon Cloud contacts backup actually worked. But when I use the Verizon Cloud app on my phone to backup my contacts, not only does it not backup all 500 contacts, but it actually DELETES 200 contacts on my phone! Pretty much the opposite of what a backup is supposed to be. This same thing was happening a couple of years ago when I migrated to a new phone. Luckily I had already exported my contacts to a vcf file and was able to rescue them. So, since Verizon's own contacts backup process is a total failure, I'm trying to export the contacts on my phone to a vcf file and then import that file to Verizon Cloud. But maybe this is a fool's errand...
And some of the phone numbers are missing. For example, my husband's work phone was imported, but not his cell phone.
Yes, those are exactly the steps I am following. I get a message saying 502 contacts will be imported, but then between only 100 and 350 are imported.
I am trying to import a vcf file into the Contacts section of my Verizon Cloud (using the desktop version of the website at verizonwireless.com). But the import always comes out incomplete. I've ... See more...
I am trying to import a vcf file into the Contacts section of my Verizon Cloud (using the desktop version of the website at verizonwireless.com). But the import always comes out incomplete. I've tried it again and again, and it's incomplete every time. The vcf file was created using the stock Contacts app on my Samsung Galaxy S5. When I click on import and select the file, it asks me if I want to import 502 contacts. I confirm, and then it begins importing. But it never imports all the information. First, it never gets all 502 contacts; sometimes it only imports 102, sometimes 253, and once it imported over 300, but never all 502. Second, many of the contacts are missing information, including phone numbers. What is going on? It seems like a simple import using the website should work! (Please don't tell me to use Backup Assistant, because that process is highly flawed. For one thing, it creates duplicate and triplicate contacts on my phone so that I have to scroll through dozens of "Amy" contacts instead of just four.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
The title really says it all. The last photos that have been backed up were taken on 12/27/2015; none between 12/28/2015 and today have been backed up. When I open the Verizon Cloud app, all the ... See more...
The title really says it all. The last photos that have been backed up were taken on 12/27/2015; none between 12/28/2015 and today have been backed up. When I open the Verizon Cloud app, all the photos I've taken since that date simply don't show up, despite being visible in the Gallery. It's like the app can't detect them. When I log into My Verizon online, they aren't there either. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android version 5.0. All my photos are saved to the DCIM/Camera folder on the sd card, so they're all in the EXACT same place. I can see them all in this folder when I plug my phone into my computer. I have updated the Verizon Cloud app, uninstalled it, and re-installed. Help! What is going on?
Amazing, this worked! Thanks so much, Snn5! For anyone else who's having this problem, here's exactly what I did, all from my phone... Import/Export: I opened the People app, selected "Contact... See more...
Amazing, this worked! Thanks so much, Snn5! For anyone else who's having this problem, here's exactly what I did, all from my phone... Import/Export: I opened the People app, selected "Contacts to display" from the menu, and selected Google, at which point it showed me all my contacts. I selected "Import/export" from the menu, then "Export to storage." When the export was complete, I went back to "Contacts to display" and selected Backup Assistant Plus (Phone), at which point it showed no contacts. I selected "Import/export" from the menu, then "Import from storage," and all my contacts appeared. Backup: From my home screen, I went to Settings-->Backup Assistant Plus-->Sync Now, and it backed up 381 contacts. However, when I logged into Verizon from my PC, they still didn't show up. So back on my phone, I viewed all my apps, opened Cloud, selected "Back Up All Now" from the dropdown menu, and then it showed that there were 381 contacts instead of "you have no contacts." This time when I went back to my PC, I was able to see them all online. The added bonus to all this is that now Verizon Message+ on my PC shows my contact names instead of phone numbers! That's what I was hoping for, but I wasn't sure it would work. Thanks again!
I've had my Droid Razr M for a few years, and Backup Assistant Plus has been regularly doing its thing. I just assumed my contacts were getting backed up, too. Until today, when I went to Verizon... See more...
I've had my Droid Razr M for a few years, and Backup Assistant Plus has been regularly doing its thing. I just assumed my contacts were getting backed up, too. Until today, when I went to Verizon Cloud online and found that there were no contacts for my account. So I went to Settings, then Backup Assistant Plus, and clicked "Sync Now." It said the backup was successful, but that 0 contacts were backed up. Then I opened Backup Assistant Plus on my phone, and in the list of content pending for backup, it says "You have no contacts on your device and Cloud." What? I am using the stock contacts app that came with the phone, and I have a couple hundred contacts. I thought maybe I messed up a setting sometime in the last few years, but the contacts backup appears never to have worked, since there are zero contacts in my Cloud. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Thanks in advance for any ideas.