Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,568 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

underfed's Posts

I'm in Canada now with my family. If we turn on our phones, I expect a couple hundred text messages will come pouring in. I don't doubt your honesty or intelligence (my whole point in starting th... See more...
I'm in Canada now with my family. If we turn on our phones, I expect a couple hundred text messages will come pouring in. I don't doubt your honesty or intelligence (my whole point in starting this thread is that I doubt Verizon's honesty and intelligence), but If I get billed for those messages, my only defense is your post and a poorly worded page on Verizon's website, while Verizon will likely be able to produce a recording of a CSR telling me that text messages received in Canada WILL be billed. I'm not willing to take that chance. I have no option of deciding if/when I want to use the phone under roaming rates. The moment I turn it on, text messages come in whether I want them or not, and I have to pay for them. I explained to them that my main concern was text messages, and they tried to get me to switch temporarily to a Canada plan, but after they went through the whole sales pitch about voice, I finally pulled them back on topic and they admitted that I would still have to pay extra for texts. My original grip still stands - it's impossible to get a straight answer from these people about anything.
Well, that seemed to state pretty clearly that texting from Canada would be the same as if I were in the US. I just got off the phone with Verizon, and they told me it would cost $.20 to receive ... See more...
Well, that seemed to state pretty clearly that texting from Canada would be the same as if I were in the US. I just got off the phone with Verizon, and they told me it would cost $.20 to receive a message and $.50 to send one. I could temporarily go on a Canada plan but that doesn't include texting. There's no way for me to block incoming texts. My only choice is to turn my phone off.
I have a Family Select plan, which includes unlimited text messages. Is there somewhere on the Verizon site that states how much (if anything) it will cost to send texts to the US or receive text... See more...
I have a Family Select plan, which includes unlimited text messages. Is there somewhere on the Verizon site that states how much (if anything) it will cost to send texts to the US or receive texts from the US while I am in Canada? This would include texts to/from another phone on my own family plan while that phone is in Canada. I'm not interested in sending texts to, or receiving texts from, any country other than the US (except for the family member who will be in Canada with their US-based Version phone). I've looked through other forum threads on this topic, I have searched through the Verizon website, and I've even talked with customer support, but keep hearing about fees for texts to/from other countries, not texts to/from the US while I am in Canada. I can't settle for an answer here in the forums, as that will be worthless if I come home and find I've been charged hundreds of dollars for texting in Canada.