Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,737 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

DeathKitty1989's Posts

As far as I'm understanding, it's $175 but minus 12 months' worth of $5, since you've made your payments for 1 year. It's a 2 year plan, right? If so, then your bill should be around $115, ... See more...
As far as I'm understanding, it's $175 but minus 12 months' worth of $5, since you've made your payments for 1 year. It's a 2 year plan, right? If so, then your bill should be around $115, with a few possible taxes/surcharges. (Not too sure about whether the taxes and surcharges are, but I THINK they may be added.) Hope this helps!
I had already asked in 2 separate locations about whether my prepaid bill was to be paid right on the date or whether I could pay early (which I had done, and yet the date for my payment and the ... See more...
I had already asked in 2 separate locations about whether my prepaid bill was to be paid right on the date or whether I could pay early (which I had done, and yet the date for my payment and the renewal date for my prepaid plan remained the same (3/20/15).) and had checked constant times to see any changes. I had put the $45 on through my card, which came to $48.60 with all the taxes, and it put my credit fund up to the $45.10 ($0.10 left over from my previous phone which was added on.) Today, I checked my Verizon account, and it said that my funds are now $0.00 I was just wondering, why did it take all of my funding? Is it because it's considered a "late payment"? Are there any penalties I'm going to incur for it being considered late, if it is? I have a friend I text back and forth in England, so the texts cost me around $0.25 per message sent, and I'd sent only a handful of them, to put my credit down to $43.something. I'd just like a little advice on whether I can add an extra $10 using my card to be able to text my friend, or whether that's out of the question. If I can add a few extra funds whenever I need it, that'd be great, in case something like this ever happens again.
Okay, thank you for answering! Now, just so I understand, would that 12% be on my ETF bill, or my actual phone bill? Just so I know to have the money ready! It's not that I'm leaving Veriz... See more...
Okay, thank you for answering! Now, just so I understand, would that 12% be on my ETF bill, or my actual phone bill? Just so I know to have the money ready! It's not that I'm leaving Verizon for good; I'm using a prepaid number and would rather use my phone on a prepaid plan than a contract one. I've been pleased with my Verizon experiences so far, so I don't see a reason to leave :3
I understand I've already asked about how much the ETF itself would be, and I understand that it's $350. I just want to know; are there other charges? Like taxes? Surcharges? I've done a litt... See more...
I understand I've already asked about how much the ETF itself would be, and I understand that it's $350. I just want to know; are there other charges? Like taxes? Surcharges? I've done a little looking around and found that several people have had some additional sums of money added to their ETFs. I plan to terminate my contract at the end of the month, since the number that's under contract is one I'm not actually using, and I don't want to keep or pay for a number I don't use. (Long story short; I neglected to look more into the termination aspect after transferring my prepaid number over to my Note 3, so I wouldn't have to use a new number, my 14 days ran out, and now I have the first month bill and an ETF to work out.) I'm not angry with Verizon, actually. It's my own fault for not understanding how things work, but now that I do, I can be more careful about how I go about my next phone purchase in the hopefully distant future (only purchased the Note 3 because my old phone was on the fritz; no sound, jammy keys, and it was a 3 and a half year old Intensity II.) and I'm actually grateful for the experience. So... I live in New York, can ANYONE tell me what kind of taxes and surcharges I could expect from my ETF? I can understand if there's taxes, which would make the $350 become $378, with the 8% tax thing in mind (unless NY uses a different tax rate for these kinds of things as opposed to the typical "buy something in the store for $10, total comes to $10.80" tax idea.) Would there be ANY other kind of taxes I can expect to have added on?
You know, I really do appreciate that, mama23. Despite getting my taxes and having most of it blown for stuff for my unborn son, I feel like I've been a bit stupid for not saving any for somethin... See more...
You know, I really do appreciate that, mama23. Despite getting my taxes and having most of it blown for stuff for my unborn son, I feel like I've been a bit stupid for not saving any for something like this. My mother would gut me, probably... but I try to keep my bank and financial details away from her, she has enough to worry about instead of me getting a loan. I've loaned from the bank before, and paid every cent back in good time, I shouldn't see why they'd have a problem loaning me a few hundred dollars to take care of something now instead of me paying for something that I'm not even using. It's been a real pleasure talking to you, mama23~! :3
Thank you ever so much, mama23~!! Very much appreciated! With that info, that should mean I can still keep the Note 3, as it's now my prepaid device, right? Thank you again, very much appre... See more...
Thank you ever so much, mama23~!! Very much appreciated! With that info, that should mean I can still keep the Note 3, as it's now my prepaid device, right? Thank you again, very much appreciated!
Not to be rude, but I agree with Weth and mama23dogs; You've posted your name, location and personal number as your signature on a customer to customer forum. We all understand you're angry w... See more...
Not to be rude, but I agree with Weth and mama23dogs; You've posted your name, location and personal number as your signature on a customer to customer forum. We all understand you're angry with the services you've received, or not received in some cases. But to retort to someone who was just suggesting that you remove your personal details from your signature to "go away" just seems quite childish. I'm sure people don't want you to receive aggressive texts or messages from anyone for being rude on the forums due to your number being posted, so it was a friendly suggestion that you take it down to avoid unnecessary instigation.
I purchased the phone through Amazon, selecting first that it was an individual line plan, and that I wished to register a new account (after talking to my local Verizon store, the lady who helpe... See more...
I purchased the phone through Amazon, selecting first that it was an individual line plan, and that I wished to register a new account (after talking to my local Verizon store, the lady who helped me said that would be the better thing to do.) for the cost of the phone being $49 + tax. There were 2 more options; one being I already have an account and wish to upgrade my device (I'm personally thinking I should have just gone for that one), which would have put my cost up to $99. And the third option was that I already had an account and wished to add a new line of service to this device which would have kept it again at $99. Total for the phone was $53.99, due to my selection of a new account, and it had then asked what plan I wanted. I chose the $60/month plan since it was the cheapest option for me there. So... I was able to get it pretty cheap. But I guess I'm kicking myself for not cancelling the number that came preactivated with the service I'd chosen to set up first. This would mean, if I'm understanding correctly, my bill for the termination would be, again, $468.93? mama23dogs, you've no idea how helpful you're being to me! Thank you in advance! ^_^
I actually just got my first month's bill that's due in 7 days a few days ago. So I can understand I'd be paying the $350 or so because it's so early in the contract. I just don't really want... See more...
I actually just got my first month's bill that's due in 7 days a few days ago. So I can understand I'd be paying the $350 or so because it's so early in the contract. I just don't really want to be stuck with a contract, since I was able to put the phone in a prepaid plan and use my previous prepaid plan phone number. The number that the $118.93 bill is for is a number I don't actually use because I changed out the SIM card to use my prepaid number with the phone. I'm literally a baby in this kind of thing! Haha, it sucks that I honestly don't understand fully how these things work. But even though this isn't a good event for me, personally, I'm liking the fact that it's opening my eyes to understanding how plans work on a contract and what to expect from them. I've been with Verizon for over 7 years now, all on Prepaid and only changed my device 1 time prior to this. The phone I had first was a little $20 one from Walmart, ironically enough a Samsung (can't remember the name, but it was a little flippy phone), had that for 3 and a half years. Cat chewed the charger, and by that point, they didn't make or sell the spare parts for it. So I then went up to a $100 Samsung Intensity II, and that lasted me 3 and a half years. The sound doesn't work on it, and the buttons are getting really useless for me. And this Samsung Galaxy Note 3, I've had turned on for just over 2 weeks with it being put on my Prepaid plan for $45/month. It's worked better than my other 2 phones I've had, and actually, runs even better than my damn laptop! Which makes me laugh, honestly. Even though my laptop is 4 years old now... Back to the topic; would this mean if I cancelled early, would my total charge be; $468.93, for the $350 ETF, and the combined first month's bill of $118.93? And would there be a charge for me keeping the phone, as it's now on my Prepaid plan? And apologies in advance for the block of text...!
I see~ Unfortunately, my last day of the 14 day return was on Thursday. I don't really mind paying an ETF if I can get a loan from my bank to help cover the cost. The phone I got, being a ... See more...
I see~ Unfortunately, my last day of the 14 day return was on Thursday. I don't really mind paying an ETF if I can get a loan from my bank to help cover the cost. The phone I got, being a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, was just swapped over to a Prepaid Plan so I could transfer the number I'd been using before on a previous phone. So I need to be able to keep the phone. The ETF should just be to cancel the contract and take the number that was registered to the contract off, right? I'm currently 7 months pregnant with my first child, and I literally have as of right now $7 in my bank. Unfortunately, hours being cut and whatnot have kind of taken a bit of a bad turn for me. So if I can understand that I shouldn't be charged anything other than the ETF and the first initial bill of $118.93, that'd help me out greatly! I really appreciate your input, mama23dogs!
I asked a similar question in regards to the ETF of a number I didn't realize was going to be preset to be billed (purchased phone from Amazon, didn't realize it was setting me up with a contract... See more...
I asked a similar question in regards to the ETF of a number I didn't realize was going to be preset to be billed (purchased phone from Amazon, didn't realize it was setting me up with a contract at the time, but now I do.) Now, I completely understand the bill of $350 for the termination itself, and obviously the bill that comes to $118.93 exactly will be added to it. My question is, would there be any other charges? The bill for $118.93 is the first month's bill, due in a week exactly. I don't have the money to actually pay for it, so I will be going to my local Verizon store to help me with the ETF and detach the number that's in a contract from my name. I will also be going to the bank to ask if I could borrow the money, or if they can co-sign a check to help pay the bill. I just really want to know; are there any other fees I'll incur, besides the ETF and the $118.93 bill? Or is that JUST it? My bill would then be $468.93?
Thank you very, very much...! I really appreciate all the help, guys!
Okay, because I remember selecting the $60/month plan, and I understand of course there's going to be fees, taxes and all other applicable charges. I'm just wondering whether I should bother to p... See more...
Okay, because I remember selecting the $60/month plan, and I understand of course there's going to be fees, taxes and all other applicable charges. I'm just wondering whether I should bother to pay for a number I don't use, and try terminating at a later time, but then that'd mean I have over $100 a month to go out on then 2 plans when I only use my prepaid number on my prepaid plan. I may just try and terminate today and ask if I can keep the phone as it's on my prepaid plan, and try and talk to my bank to get a loan or check from them to help pay it. I don't really want to get into trouble if I don't pay something...
Okay, so keeping the phone is going to cost me $350, and the first month of service that I've not even used will still be charged? I can understand that, thank you! I have no problem with payi... See more...
Okay, so keeping the phone is going to cost me $350, and the first month of service that I've not even used will still be charged? I can understand that, thank you! I have no problem with paying a bill, I'd just have to get a loan and hope to god I can be approved for it. Unless the Verizon store can print a copy of the bill in total, and my bank can produce a co-pay check. They've done that before with my fiance on something he needed help with, too. Hopefully they can do it for me, too. So the ETF fee is basically so I can keep the phone? I really feel stupid for not knowing all of this, but like I said, I never had a smartphone before, and never had to do anything like this 😧
Thank you for the response... I've asked on the forums through Amazon, and many people have said that Amazon has nothing to do with the billing, as when I selected the phone, it gave me the op... See more...
Thank you for the response... I've asked on the forums through Amazon, and many people have said that Amazon has nothing to do with the billing, as when I selected the phone, it gave me the option of choosing a new account with Verizon, or upgrade an account with Verizon. I selected new account, believing that's what I'd have to do. All the people I've spoken to have said to talk to the Verizon Wireless in my local area, so I do intend to do that. I'm just a little confused, due to using it as a prepaid device with my prepaid number. And with a bill to a contracted number that I haven't used before, I just wanted to ask around and try to get as much information as I could. Thank you very, very much, Snn5.
I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 through Amazon, and since it's my first smartphone, I've never truly understood all the aspects of having a new, fancy phone. I've always used a Samsung Int... See more...
I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 through Amazon, and since it's my first smartphone, I've never truly understood all the aspects of having a new, fancy phone. I've always used a Samsung Intensity II on the basic Prepaid Plan, and was glad to know there was a Prepaid Plan for the Note 3. When I took my phone to Verizon, I did not realize Amazon had given me a pre-activated SIM card, and pre-set my number to be billed. I received my first bill, and unfortunately, I cannot afford $120 for the first month of a contract with a number I have not even used. I was able to transfer my number of my Prepaid phone over to the now-Prepaid Note 3 via a new SIM card, but yet have received the bill for the initial 2-year contract I had set myself up for. I did not realize that it was a pre-done thing through Amazon, and I hold no fault to Verizon, nor Amazon, but to myself for not realizing "This is my agreement to this plan", basically. The blame lies on me. My question is; can I just terminate the phone line, but keep my phone as it is now on my Prepaid $45 per month plan, or do I have to return the phone also? If I have to return the phone, then I'm going to be stuck, as I'm 7 months pregnant, and my Intensity II was becoming unreliable in the sense that it was old, the sound did not work, and the Note 3 was just what I wanted in terms of reliability and attractiveness in its design. I've always had a Samsung phone, first one being a Samsung flip-phone, though I can't remember its name. I wonder if I can go to my local Verizon store if they can just terminate the number, and since today is my last day of the 14 day period, as I'm understanding, I wouldn't have to incur the Early Termination Fee. If I left it, then I'd pay out a lot of money for it. So I figured I'd just ask and see if I got an answer. Thank you very much for your help in advance!