I transferred 4 lines to Verizon. The numbers that didn't get the credit is [removed] and [removed] which were formerly [removed] and [removed]. Yes I did the Edge. Yes all the lines are on one b... Ver más...
I transferred 4 lines to Verizon. The numbers that didn't get the credit is [removed] and [removed] which were formerly [removed] and [removed]. Yes I did the Edge. Yes all the lines are on one bill and one account. Personal Information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service Message was edited by Verizon Moderator
I Ported 4 lines from another carrier to Verizon in Dec 2014. According to the promotion they were supposed to credit $150 for each phone number brought in. They just credited 2 and the other 2 t... Ver más...
I Ported 4 lines from another carrier to Verizon in Dec 2014. According to the promotion they were supposed to credit $150 for each phone number brought in. They just credited 2 and the other 2 there are excuses every month and false promises that it will be taken care within 24 hours which of course doesn't happen and I wait for another billing cycle to realize that it was just a hoax. Now today the excuse is that the 2 lines mentioned were not ported in. I have spoken to supervisors too. Absolutely no recourse. So disappointed with their service