Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,797 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

LOUcifer's Posts

Yaterml wrote: I was on the phone for over an hour last night with a Verizon wireless customer service rep. She flat out told me that Verizon has no known issues listed for the Bionic, a... See more...
Yaterml wrote: I was on the phone for over an hour last night with a Verizon wireless customer service rep. She flat out told me that Verizon has no known issues listed for the Bionic, and that a phone with a 4.5 star rating on their review site couldn't possibly have as many problems as I was giving her. I had to have a defective device, or bad SIM card. SO they want to send me a 4th device because it has to have been that just my  first 3 phone were defective. On a related note she also told me I was wrong, out right wrong. Apparently a Bluetooth that you purchase through them only has a 14 day warranty, and couldn't be replaced. I had talked to a customer service rep a few weeks prior who told me after the update on 12/9/2011 hit wait about 7-14 days and if I was still having problems with my Bluetooth that they would send me a warranty replacement. On the same vein apparently the a/c adapter for the extra battery charging dock doesn't carry a warranty as because I have had to use it so much has developed a back contact. Which they also won't replace. Come on Verizon get with it. You lost me adding a another phone for my wife, you lost me buying any more accessories through you, and if you guys can't fix this soon your going to lose a very long time customer and I know that I am not the only one. LOL...Welcome to Verizon
I'm in the Tampa market and I've NEVER gotten anything faster than 5-6Mbs except for one time at 2am I got a 9 and change
LOL...soooooooo typical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The exact same thing happened to me after my 8th Samsung Charge they shoved me in a Bionic and charged me t... See more...
LOL...soooooooo typical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The exact same thing happened to me after my 8th Samsung Charge they shoved me in a Bionic and charged me the $500 fee for not returning the Charge. I had tracking confirmed delivery and everything like yourself showing it sitting in the warehouse but they charged me anyway.  I had my uncle write a letter from his law firm and MIRACULOUSLY the phone was processed and refund issued. Verizon is a joke
The issue is NOT limited to any specific device....it's EVERY device!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JoeL_VZW wrote: Thank you to the community for your replies.   Weatherguy86 I hate to hear your having problems with your Bionic. I understand the need for a good data connection. Thank you... See more...
JoeL_VZW wrote: Thank you to the community for your replies.   Weatherguy86 I hate to hear your having problems with your Bionic. I understand the need for a good data connection. Thank you for all the troubleshooting you have already done.   I have good news! There is a software update that is coming out for the Bionic. Here's a link that shows the software benefits as well as how to search for the update.   The software update will address the data connection issues that some users have been experiencing.    Thank you for your patience   Ohhhhhhhh Joel,   You've been drinking the VZW Kool-aid for too long my friend...LOL
weatherguy86 wrote: I currently have the Bionic, which was a replacement for my HTC Thunderbolt. The reason I was fed up with the Thunderbolt is because it would not hold a data connection. W... See more...
weatherguy86 wrote: I currently have the Bionic, which was a replacement for my HTC Thunderbolt. The reason I was fed up with the Thunderbolt is because it would not hold a data connection. Whether it was in CDMA/LTE or just CDMA mode, it would constantly drop the signal and I'd have to either try airplane more or restart the phone to get the signal back. This happened in areas of very strong reception, not a fringe effect.   Fast forward to the Bionic... It does the exact same thing and it could not be more frustrating!!! For instance, I spent 10 minutes today trying to get the darn thing to latch on to a data signal (despite having 5 bars). Airplane more, restart phone, force into CDMA only, nothing worked. I've tried all the usual tricks such as resetting phone to factory settings, running it with no downloaded apps, etc.   Does anyone know a solution to this? Do ANY of the 4G phones work properly? ALL 4G phones are the EXACT same..It does not matter who makes the phone or what version of software it has.   4G/3G data will NEVER play well together!!   It's like trying to put an Electronic controlled fuel injection w/o a computer on a car made for a carburetor (for those that actually know the impossibility of that screnario)
Dirtymagic wrote: Went through all the hassle of creating account to say that. Since the update my phone went from being okay to terrible. Randomly drops service quite often has to be one of ... See more...
Dirtymagic wrote: Went through all the hassle of creating account to say that. Since the update my phone went from being okay to terrible. Randomly drops service quite often has to be one of the most annoying this I've ever seen. Had the original droid for almost 2 years without a single problem really regretting getting the bionic. Verizon support is worse than unhelpful tier 2 tech support told me to just factory reset my phone again and thats all I can do, and as it happens I'm just out of the refund time so I can return it or exchange it and told by a supervisor that I'm basically **bleep** for two years.  Welcome to Verizon 4G LTE!!   LOLOLOLOLOL
lildebi79 wrote: I too have been dropping data connection a lot more frequently with the software update.... its so frustrating   Not to worry....WE ALL HAVE DATA ISSUES   but not acco... See more...
lildebi79 wrote: I too have been dropping data connection a lot more frequently with the software update.... its so frustrating   Not to worry....WE ALL HAVE DATA ISSUES   but not according to Verizon we don't...according to them "I'm sorry your having issues with your Droid Bionic Mr. ____...This is the first I hear of this issue."   REALLY????...I love worthless people LOLOL   I have no data 4G or 3G right now right this second...I can't even "force" it into 3G.  
jules65 wrote: I am about to start calling Verizon every time that my service drops (which will be about 10X a day). I am sick of calling in on this issue and being told to pull the battery a... See more...
jules65 wrote: I am about to start calling Verizon every time that my service drops (which will be about 10X a day). I am sick of calling in on this issue and being told to pull the battery and pull the SIM to "fix" the issue. I have to have my husband's phone on hand or have another phone around to have them "call me back on" - that defeats the purpose of having a PERSONAL cell phone. I wouldn't need this phone to work and I wouldn't pay to have it if I always had access to another phone.   ATTENION VERIZON: It is NOT acceptable to pay for service and pay for a "top of the line" phone and be expected to perform these actions everytime that I need or want to use my phone. Jules,   Good luck EVER getting Verizon to admit anything is unacceptable to their customers because to them it's all about the millions of $$$ we fork over every month.  If they EVER admitted there was a legitimate issue with ALL 4G phones data connections then everyone would cancel or switch carriers.   It's all smoke and mirrors...a patch here a patch there...it's so obvious that ALL the 4G phones do NOT play well with the 4G & 3G networks...which OBVIOUSLY points a finger at Verizon and it's network NOT the manufacturers.   Funny how Sprint doesn't have widespread 4g outages with their Wimax...now AT&T launched LTE which my brother just bought and can't wait to hear his experience.   I totally agree with you...we shouldn't have to pull batteries/sim or perform master resets EVERYTIME we call tech support.  You would think after months and months of the same data connectivity issues with all different phones they would realize these actions do not work and the problem is more serious then a battery pull.   Your idea of calling everytime your out of data is something I have been doing for the past week now.  I have been demanding my $1 credit per day for data I cannot use until the issue is fixed.  So basically in one months time I will accrue $30 in credits making the data free.  Maybe then and only then will Verizon realize they need to step up their game and fix the data connectivity issues.   - Lou -
Joey301 wrote:   AFTER reset - Update 5.5.893 Found   It doesn't hurt to try   -Lou   I hate resetting my phone. I take so much time getting it the way I want it to be. A... See more...
Joey301 wrote:   AFTER reset - Update 5.5.893 Found   It doesn't hurt to try   -Lou   I hate resetting my phone. I take so much time getting it the way I want it to be. After all, though to quote a user here...its just a cell phone. Time is nothing. joey LOL...True indeed!   If it's any consolation...AFTER the update the 4G/3G/NO G connectivity gets WORSE!!!!   I've just about had it with these {word filter avoidance} 4G phones...nothing but issues since I upgraded my Original Droid to the Charge which was replaced 7 times before they put me in a Bionic and now I have to deal with TERRIBLE data connectivity
Joey301 wrote: tamcon wrote: No update here. Can't get it manually either.   Verizon had said it will take three weeks to get to everyone. Therefore wait for two more weeks. Verizon... See more...
Joey301 wrote: tamcon wrote: No update here. Can't get it manually either.   Verizon had said it will take three weeks to get to everyone. Therefore wait for two more weeks. Verizon and Motorola told me 2 weeks. However, I am reading on various boards that if you go up to a high enough tier in Motorola tech, they can get the update for you. Thier website says you can reset your phone to factory settings to get tue update. In fact, that is what they recommend if you can't get it manually. However, they do not say what to do if that does not work. I think everyone at Verizon and Motorola are shooting in the dark on this cause I hear lots of different answers coming from different people. J They >>ALL<< told me the same thing!!!   A master reset surprisingly DID work for me.   Verizon swapped out my SIM card...tech support tried and tried but couldn't get my phone to even check for updates.   BEFORE reset - "Check for update is unavailable at this time...try again later" is what I was getting   AFTER reset - Update 5.5.893 Found   It doesn't hurt to try   -Lou  
Well "No G" is a known issue at the moment with the new 5.5.893 update.   I have the very same issue!!!!   No lead time on a fix obviously but I'd bet $1,000,000,000,000 no fix is in the work... See more...
Well "No G" is a known issue at the moment with the new 5.5.893 update.   I have the very same issue!!!!   No lead time on a fix obviously but I'd bet $1,000,000,000,000 no fix is in the works as ICS 4.0 will be released before anyone would even figure out what the issue is.   So sit tight is what I keep hearing...or be patient...or a fix will be pushed out as soon as it's available...yada yada yada   So in the meantime until an update for the new update is pushed out or ICS is pushed out we all have to deal with a REALLY expensive not-so-smart phone with terrible data connectivity
Hey Joe,   I actually found a Tier 2 technician that actually knew what I was telling him.   Has Verizon swapped out your SIM card for ANY reason?   My issue was an unrecognized SIM.   He... See more...
Hey Joe,   I actually found a Tier 2 technician that actually knew what I was telling him.   Has Verizon swapped out your SIM card for ANY reason?   My issue was an unrecognized SIM.   He did something in the computer...master reset the phone and the SIM was recognized and the update was pushed through.
I guess I should add that my phone is STILL on 5.5.886
Why won't ANYONE give me a **bleep** straight answer???????????????????????????/   I am unable to update my Bionic AT ALL...I never received an OTA update on my Bionic and when I try to update ... See more...
Why won't ANYONE give me a **bleep** straight answer???????????????????????????/   I am unable to update my Bionic AT ALL...I never received an OTA update on my Bionic and when I try to update manually my phone says "CHECK FOR UPDATE IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME...TRY AGAIN LATER"   AND has said this since the national 4G outage a week or so ago.   The Verizon Wireless store tells me "just wait for the OTA update" and Customer Care says I should already have the update NOT listening to me when I tell them I DONT HAVE THE UPDATE BECAUSE IT WONT LET ME UPDATE!!!.   GOD I HATE **bleep** THAT DON"T LISTEN   So tell me VZW_Employee's...What say YOU???
I currently have a BIONIC and I have been in 3G for the past 2 days.  When I restart the phone the 4G LTE displays on the phone with full signal strength but no data transmits or receives.  It th... See more...
I currently have a BIONIC and I have been in 3G for the past 2 days.  When I restart the phone the 4G LTE displays on the phone with full signal strength but no data transmits or receives.  It then switches to 3G and stays there in 3G regardless of Airplane mode or anything else I try.   I'm in Tampa FL where 4G LTE coverage is phenomenal... chalk this up to a 4G outage...of course nobody will ever admit to that...not even the VZW store I called that told me I should do a master reset on the phone...LOLOLOL
Well after my 7th replacement Droid Charge...3 hour "tech support" visit to a Verizon Wireless store, a Store Manager and a District Manager...my Samsung Droid Charge is no more!!!!!!!!!!!   Di... See more...
Well after my 7th replacement Droid Charge...3 hour "tech support" visit to a Verizon Wireless store, a Store Manager and a District Manager...my Samsung Droid Charge is no more!!!!!!!!!!!   District Manager apologized to me every which way to Sunday and even asked me why the Store Manager replaced my Charge with another Charge...to which I replied to him "I asked the Store Manager that very same question"   My Charge was replaced with a Bionic   ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!!!!!   Thank you Brian (DM) for doing what should have been done after my 3rd or 4th phone and making a longtime customer happy...Thank you Motorola for making such a stable and reliable piece of equipment!!!!   **** *** Samsung for making a crap product!!! and **** *** Verizon Wireless for doing nothing to help and denying the issues of the Charge   Customer Care is USELESS!!!!!   Take your phone to a store and show a REAL PERSON the problems you're having...it's impossible for them to deny the problem when they're staring at the phone in person and you looking them in the eyes!!!!!!!
WCMack wrote: Perhaps you should take it back and get a different phone. Droid Bionic perhaps? WCM you say that like it's so easy...especially for those who have had the charge for almost... See more...
WCMack wrote: Perhaps you should take it back and get a different phone. Droid Bionic perhaps? WCM you say that like it's so easy...especially for those who have had the charge for almost 2 months.   The Charge is an absolute piece of garbage and I love when the "VZW Employees" say their team is working with Samsung to resolve the issues with the Charge.   Here's a newsflash people...I just ordered my >>>6th<<< replacement Charge...YUP that's right...>>>6TH<<<   And yet Samsung directly claims their product is a superior product with no known issues at this time 1-888-987-4357   And Verizon tech support claims "this is the first time I hear of this issue" everytime I call for my 6 replacements from my landline because I can't use my charge until i restart/pull the battery   I was offered DOWNGRADES to the Thunderbolt and Revolution even after Verizon's own sales people expressed to me the Charge was a far more superior phone to both the TB and Rev when I upgraded my original Droid and yet NOW they say both the TB and Rev are on par with the Charge...LOLOLOLOLOL   WHAT A JOKE!!!!!
WCMack wrote: DC5_K20Z1 wrote: especially since just about every other phone on verizon has it now minus the thunderbolt revolution and charge, hopefully in the next few days we hear somet... See more...
WCMack wrote: DC5_K20Z1 wrote: especially since just about every other phone on verizon has it now minus the thunderbolt revolution and charge, hopefully in the next few days we hear something from verizon. Dear DC5,   Not really, I am afraid.  Verizon lists 21 new and refurbished phones running the Android platform.  Of these only two (Bionic and Xperia) are available today with Android 2.3, and the Droid 3 will be availabe September 16 with 2.3.   Having said that, I hope that the next OTA will be for 2.3.x for the Charge and will come soon.  There are a lot of other Android Verizon phone users out there who are also waiting for this update, and many of them bought their phones well before the Charge was even available on Verizon.  If they take these user groups in order of phone release, we may have to wait a little longer than a few days. Plenty of phones have a version of GB
Oh and I don't use the phone if it's plugged into the AC charger only the car charger with a bluetooth...only one of my many failures happened while driving plugged inot the car charger