I have the same problem - only worse.  Message+ has worked fine on my Windows 10 computers.  A couple days ago (somewhere around 8/20/2019) it stopped sending or recieving messages.  It looks like it... Ver más...
I have the same problem - only worse.  Message+ has worked fine on my Windows 10 computers.  A couple days ago (somewhere around 8/20/2019) it stopped sending or recieving messages.  It looks like it works and even says "sent" on the bottom of my outgoing messages, but no one receives them. I have no idea how many immportant messages I thought I was sending out went nowhere. It stopped receiving messagfes at the same tiem (Iassume) Messagiong still works fine on my Andoid phone and older Android tablet.  Needless to say, the Android devices do not show the messages I thought I had sent from the computers..  HELP!
Gracias. I will try the reset, but I am about to leave on a business trip for a week and will be dependent upon my phone. I don’t want to risk having it properly re-configured on the trip. I... See more...
Thank you. I will try the reset, but I am about to leave on a business trip for a week and will be dependent upon my phone. I don't want to risk having it properly re-configured on the trip. I will try the reset when I get back. HOWEVER Using Google, I see that this is a common problem and I have a friend with a Galaxy Note 2 (or 3) with exactly the same problem. That makes me suspect a problem with Samsung hardware. I also see that a reset is a standard recommendation. I have not seen anyone report that a reset actually fixed the problem. Thanks, Mike Thaller
I noticed it around December 10, 2014 when I was lost in a snowstorm (and needed it badly,) but I hadn’t used GPS for weeks before that, so I can’t pin down when it might have happened. An... See more...
I noticed it around December 10, 2014 when I was lost in a snowstorm (and needed it badly,) but I hadn't used GPS for weeks before that, so I can't pin down when it might have happened. Android:  4.4.2 Baseband Version: I545VRUFNK1 Kernel 3.4.0 Tue Nov 4 23:03:49 KST 2014 Build number:  KOT49H.I545VRUFNK1 WiFi is always and has always been enabled on my phone. Thanks! >> Personal information removed by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<
Location Setting has always been set to “High Accuracy” and “Location” has always be turned on. It used to use GPS automatically when an application like Maps, GPS Status, NavFree need GPS the s... Ver más...
Location Setting has always been set to "High Accuracy" and "Location" has always be turned on. It used to use GPS automatically when an application like Maps, GPS Status, NavFree need GPS the satellite symbol (icon?) used to come on at the top of the phone and all worked well. All have been on the phone for well over a year. Two or three months ago, that all stopped and I never saw the GPS symbol again… …Until yesterday when I was messing around with it. I was in Google MAPs and tried it again and of course it did not use GPS in spite of the settings you mentioned being properly set. I turned location off and back on and "agreed." I saw the GPS symbol again and GPS worked in MAPS for a while lasting for a couple minutes to over an hour and then quit. I had the same results with "GPS Status." I also noticed that when I switched out of a program that uses GPS and went into another (using GPS or not) GPS would not come up in the second program if needed and not come up when returning to the first program, but the location off-on would make it work for a while. I just discovered that THIS "TRICK" ONLY WORKS WHEN I HAVE A WIFI LINK! When I am on the road and need GPS the most and try cycling "Location" off and on, I get the satellite symbol with an "x" indicating that it is not locating a satellite. Even with a WiFi connection, It seems like whenever the GPS is stopped being used by an App it never comes back on and it doesn't matter what app it is. Since this started only a few months ago, I wonder if it is the byproduct of an operating system update - maybe some sort of power saving "feature." In Safe mode, it appears that GPS also doesn't come on even when turning location off and on, but it is hard to tell, since the GPS symbol doesn't come on at all and the other Apps that use GPS aren't available to test with. ¡Gracias!
Suddenly, late last year the GPS on my Galaxy S4 failed completely.  "GPS Status and Toolbox" sees no satellites, nor does anything else that uses GPS.  I've found a bunch of solutions including ... Ver más...
Suddenly, late last year the GPS on my Galaxy S4 failed completely.  "GPS Status and Toolbox" sees no satellites, nor does anything else that uses GPS.  I've found a bunch of solutions including turning "Location" on and off in "Settings->More,"  tightening the screws under the back cover, pretty much everything I could find from goggling and I see that safe mode and a full reset do not help. Occurring after an operating system upgrade was shown to NOT be the problem.  One person said to disable "Google Now."  I never heard of Google Now and it isn't on my phone anyway unless it is "Now Cards" under Google+, but that was never enabled. So what's going on?  Is this a hardware failure?  What can I do to get it working again.  HELP.  NEED MY GPS.