But why I need to pay for additional services in order to do that *77 used to do.?  That doesn't make sense.  My phone blocks numbers without need for additional services that I pay for.  All I w... See more...
But why I need to pay for additional services in order to do that *77 used to do.?  That doesn't make sense.  My phone blocks numbers without need for additional services that I pay for.  All I want to do it block unknown callers, blocked callers, etc., which used to happen when you dial *77.  $5.00 extra per month?  ¿Por qué?
I want to block unknown callers from even ringing my phone.  YouMail lets it ring through.  I just got woken up by an unknown caller robodialing, and I'm very unhappy about it.  How bout it, Veri... See more...
I want to block unknown callers from even ringing my phone.  YouMail lets it ring through.  I just got woken up by an unknown caller robodialing, and I'm very unhappy about it.  How bout it, Verizon?  How can I block unknown callers?  Your previous answers were not useful.
So, I got another robocall tonight, waking me up from a sound sleep.  Still Verizon hasn't answered as to how we can stop these robocalls, or spoofed calls.  I get at least 2 most days.  Tonight ... See more...
So, I got another robocall tonight, waking me up from a sound sleep.  Still Verizon hasn't answered as to how we can stop these robocalls, or spoofed calls.  I get at least 2 most days.  Tonight was the first one that woke me up. 
Is this really the point?  The FTC found 3 companies that could detect these robo calls.  Obviously, the technology exists.  Otherwise, the FCC would not have made a ruling specifically addressin... See more...
Is this really the point?  The FTC found 3 companies that could detect these robo calls.  Obviously, the technology exists.  Otherwise, the FCC would not have made a ruling specifically addressing carriers' ability to NOT put those calls through. Further, spoofed numbers are easy to detect.  So my question remains, why don't we have the ability to choose whether or not we want to accept robocalls and spoofed numbers on a global basis? 
Wouldn't know that.  Just going by what I was told.  When I first looked into it, I was told that they supported AT&T.  If they no longer do, I don't know why.  Fact is, June 19, the FCC informed... See more...
Wouldn't know that.  Just going by what I was told.  When I first looked into it, I was told that they supported AT&T.  If they no longer do, I don't know why.  Fact is, June 19, the FCC informed wireless carriers that they were NOT obligated to put through robocalls, which says to me that they know how to detect them.  Otherwise, what would the point be of saying you don't need to connect them?
rcschnoor:  I've had mine about the same, and that's the answer Verizon gave me.  I don't give my number out often, and I'm pretty careful about it.  I can't tell you why I get so many spam calls... See more...
rcschnoor:  I've had mine about the same, and that's the answer Verizon gave me.  I don't give my number out often, and I'm pretty careful about it.  I can't tell you why I get so many spam calls.
Seems that they are, according to Nomorobo anyway...
Verizon believes it's because I've had my number for so many years.  And yes, Verizon knows when an auto dialer is used through the same tech Nomorobo does.
Same way Nomorobo does.  Strangely enough, Verizon won't add it to their service despite MANY users begging for it.
Every discussion on robocalls is locked.  Why?  We still don't have answers, and we still don't have a valid and useful method for stopping these calls.  I am disabled.  I have a voice phone SOLE... See more...
Every discussion on robocalls is locked.  Why?  We still don't have answers, and we still don't have a valid and useful method for stopping these calls.  I am disabled.  I have a voice phone SOLELY for emergencies, as answering a telephone is physically painful to me.  I am on the "Do not Call" list, which I agree is a total joke.  Verizon SEES when a caller is using a spoofed number, yet lets the call through.  Verizon KNOWS when a call is made through an auto dialer, yet lets the call through.  Yes, Verizon makes money on these calls, which is the only reason why they do not stop them. So, Verizon, why don't you allow us, your users, to make the decision as to whether or not we want to allow spoofed numbers or auto dialed numbers through to our handsets?  You offer us free blocking of 5 numbers.  That does zero good when callers are spoofing, and/or just going to another number to make robo calls.  I use an iPhone with the block call feature.  I have over THREE HUNDRED numbers blocked.  However, I still get 3 to 5 spam calls PER DAY, each one causing me pain to answer.  What can we do to REALLY stop these calls?  Don't we have a right to privacy?
I'd like to contact this Verizon person as well.  Hi Verizon person.  you know who I am.  Please call me.  I have filed both an FCC and an FTC complaint now. 
Might I suggest, MrHelper, that you do a bit of research on the technical side of what is happening here before you make statements like this?  It is akin to someone telling you that if you don't... See more...
Might I suggest, MrHelper, that you do a bit of research on the technical side of what is happening here before you make statements like this?  It is akin to someone telling you that if you don't want police tracking everywhere you go, never leave your house, or if you don't want people listening in on your phone calls, don't use the phone.  How's about the postal service keeping track of all of the mail sent to and from your home, whether you ordered it or not, then using that information to send a door to door salesman to sell you life insurance?  "Hello MrHelper, I see you're a 65 year old who uses this list of prescription drugs, pays child support, and is late on your car payment.  Can I sell you this life insurance that will obviously disallow heart related deaths, since we know that your third cousin on your father's side had a heart attack recently?"  Well, just don't use the US postal service. 
I'm still being tracked.  I still have no answer regarding how to opt out of it, or get out of the early termination fee and get a rebate for all the CDMA equipment I bought to use on Verizon's s... See more...
I'm still being tracked.  I still have no answer regarding how to opt out of it, or get out of the early termination fee and get a rebate for all the CDMA equipment I bought to use on Verizon's system.
Mine is still there.  It may have been removed and then put back, but as of today, the header string is there.  I find it very worrisome that Verizon STILL has not responded.
For complaints to the FCC, you can choose "wireless telephone" and write your complaint on this page: http://www.fcc.gov/complaints .  You can contact the Federal Trade Commission and file a co... See more...
For complaints to the FCC, you can choose "wireless telephone" and write your complaint on this page: http://www.fcc.gov/complaints .  You can contact the Federal Trade Commission and file a complaint by selecting "wireless telephone" from this site:  - FTC Complaint Assistant.  I am still ignored by Verizon, with no responses for several weeks.  Their "Privacy Office" never responded to my questions after they tried to convince me that there was no privacy issue because they, Verizon, were not using the tag they stuck to my outgoing stream.  I'm not giving up.  The thought that I am locked into hardware and a contract with a company that attaches a perpetual tracker to me without my consent, is abhorrent. 
Unfortunately, according to amibeingtracked.com, they are still broadcasting a UIDH I have complained to the FCC and to the FTC but have not yet been contacted, which I find to be a bit unusual t... See more...
Unfortunately, according to amibeingtracked.com, they are still broadcasting a UIDH I have complained to the FCC and to the FTC but have not yet been contacted, which I find to be a bit unusual to say the least.  I will contact both agencies tomorrow.  Is it possible that you could have been checking with your wifi turned on?  That will give you a false negative.
This is what I sent to the FTC.  In 2008, Verizon Wireless promised a Senate committee that they would not track users.  Sometime between then and about 2 months ago, Verizon planted an... See more...
This is what I sent to the FTC.  In 2008, Verizon Wireless promised a Senate committee that they would not track users.  Sometime between then and about 2 months ago, Verizon planted an "x-UIDH" field into every Internet header used by every Verizon Wireless user. The field is a unique identifier, purportedly used to track users who do not opt out, to provide targeted advertising.  However, these unique identifiers can and have been used on websites and logins such as twitter to couple users PII to the identifier, tracking the user across the Internet, where others who are not associated with Verizon Wireless in any way, can track a user from website to website, collecting as much personal information as possible, across the world. Some of us were induced by and relied upon Verizon's 2008 promise, and by no mention of this "super cookie" in their privacy policy, to remain with Verizon's CDMA network rather than switch to another provider.  Many of us paid to upgrade our phones, further tying us to Verizon.  Imagine how privacy savvy users felt when it was discovered  through third parties that we could be stalked through these UIDH headers.  And yes, you read that right, Verizon did not disclose this to users, the Electronic Frontier Foundation did. Even now, Verizon has not publicly disclosed their privacy destroying ways. I asked Verizon on Twitter, on Facebook, and on their own forums how users could opt out of having this added header in our Internet streams.  There is no technical reason for it whatsoever, even on Verizon's own network.  Each response I received from Verizon was either obsfucating information, telling me how to opt out of the advertising scheme rather than the actual non consensual tracking malware, or telling me how much Verizon values my privacy while simultaneously destroying it in a far more dangerous way than anyone else has to date.  They even set up a website to lie to customers by saying this tracker is "harmless"  because they (Verizon) is not using it to track you if you opt out.  [content deleted for my own protection] after I started a petition drive on Change.org. I have appealed to the FCC, and now I'm appealing to you.  Please either force Verizon to remove this unnecessary and harmful tracker, or have them provide any user who desires it, a refund for any equipment purchased between their promise of 9/26/2008 and whatever date they finally choose to inform its users in a conspicuous manner that they are being tracked, and allow us to leave for another provider without an early termination fee.  It's only fair. end ftc complaint Verizon, we are still waiting.  I requested your privacy office to provide me more information in response to an email.  It did not happen.  I've asked you here to respond.  It did not happen.  I've asked you on Facebook and Twitter.  Still no response.  Does this mean that you have no intention to remove the tracker or to do right by those of us you broke your 2008 promise to?  As you can see, I'm not going away. 
Amazing.  I just sent a complaint to the FTC.  I'm trying to find my information and complaint number from the FCC.
I completely agree.  Here you go.  http://goo.gl/Usryze **Moderator Note:  As per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service,  Participants may post hypertext links to content hosted and maintaine... See more...
I completely agree.  Here you go.  http://goo.gl/Usryze **Moderator Note:  As per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service,  Participants may post hypertext links to content hosted and maintained by third parties. Verizon Wireless has no obligation to monitor these linked sites, and is not responsible for them. Accessing any such linked sites is done entirely at the user's own risk.