Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,245 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Jeremy22's Posts

When using CPU-Z from the Google play store to identify my S5 temperatures, I notice extremely warm temperatures. This occurs even when the phone is resting, not under any load. This seems to be ... See more...
When using CPU-Z from the Google play store to identify my S5 temperatures, I notice extremely warm temperatures. This occurs even when the phone is resting, not under any load. This seems to be a problem regardless of charging or just throughout the day. Idling indoors, my S5 is in between 50 and 55 degrees Celsius. When I fire up facebook, snapchat, or youtube, my s5 quickly becomes warn and when switching to cpu-z, I read temperatures that fluctuate between 65 and 72 degrees Celsius. Outdoors (I live in Phoenix, AZ its basically 80 degrees F or higher 9 months of the year) my phone reads about 60 thru 65 degrees Celsius idle and again 65-72 degrees under load. My battery typically never has issues, holds a charge maybe 4-6 hours when used almost every hour. The battery temp is usually in the 30s Celsius, I've seen it as high as 42 C outdoors. At these high temperatures, the home button takes 30s of seconds to even bring me to the homepage, the power/screen sleep button takes minutes to shut off the screen, and the keyboard stops responding as well as touchwiz home. Surprisingly, I've only ever had an overheat notification once.
It seems my GS5 likes to pocket dial and/or kill my battery, all with a significant increase in heat, when pocketed. I still lack a solution on disabling the ridiculous old-school home button fro... See more...
It seems my GS5 likes to pocket dial and/or kill my battery, all with a significant increase in heat, when pocketed. I still lack a solution on disabling the ridiculous old-school home button from turning on my screen, when in pocket. I've heard to use other launchers, they're all ineffective and worse off than touchwiz (you couldn't convince me to switch, regardless of how hard you try.) This is the only smartphone I've ever possessed that has such problems. My previous galaxy nexus had screen softkeys, no issues. The battery life of my nexus even beat this gs5 with similar screen-on time and usage. This gs5 can't even interpret what keys I type consistently, regardless of using many alternative keyboards. This phone is disappointing. Battery drains in less than 8 hours if my screen is on for more than a combined total of 10 minutes. My screen rotate and pedometer fail to work after the phone vibrated itself off my night stand onto hard wood flooring. My gnexus has fallen 35ft+ onto hard redrock, only to survive with a scratched screen and still-functioning gyroscope. This galaxy s5 attracted me with the camera, that was about it. Too bad the gs5 camera glass is weaker than a single pane window and cracked upon the vibration fall to the hardwood floor, even when it was bearing an otterbox defender. Numerous wipes and restores, the software side of things remains crappy. The phone is smooth with its ui, but slows down intermittently while browsing many tabs in chrome or using google playstore. In most cases the slowdown eventually freezes the screen, then blackens the screen, followed by a reboot. The screen itself is oversensitive to water and epidermal oil, spazzing out and causing unnecessary actions. This was especially true when I had a screen protector on. With the protector off, it occurs nearly as much. The touch sensitivity option did not help or reduce such interruptions.        Stuck with a front camera only, no screen rotation without 3rd party intervention, pocket dials, and with faulty software, verizon fails to approve a hardware replacement even thought I pay for total equipment protection and edge... can't even edge up without 3rd party expensive repairs. Verizon is a disappointment... never again will they enslave me into ludicrous garbage and useless insurance policies.
Worthless Verizon
Funny how no representative from Verizon is getting back to me yet... what kind of pathetic reason can they come up with to explain removed features from a phone I shelled out 600 dollars for?
So much for getting the newest phone with the latest features, come to find out the big man in red cut half of them out.
My GS5 is missing download manager, s note, and Adapt sound for headphones?