Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,011 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

kapuku's Posts

I set up time restrictions on my kids' phones to limit distractions while they were at school and during the night. Now I want to remove these time restrictions but I'm not able to. According to Veri... See more...
I set up time restrictions on my kids' phones to limit distractions while they were at school and during the night. Now I want to remove these time restrictions but I'm not able to. According to Verizon's instructions, you are supposed to tap the "remove" button on the bottom left of the time restrictions screens, but there is no such button. The only button is "save". If I uncheck all the days of the week, the "save" button goes inactive (so I can't save something that has no days selected). My only option is to create a "fake" restriction for one hour in the middle of the night when it doesn't matter, but this isn't a great solution.  
Thank you! My kids are also experiencing issues sending texts, in addition to receiving. I tend to text them more frequently than they text me, so our problems are normally with my sending and their... See more...
Thank you! My kids are also experiencing issues sending texts, in addition to receiving. I tend to text them more frequently than they text me, so our problems are normally with my sending and their receiving. We all use Google Messages. Smart Family does not have any restrictions set on Messaging. Again, I note that the problems usually happen when I am at home (on Wifi) and they are out of the home on Verizon's network. Once they return home and jump onto Wifi, the messages usually are received fairly quickly.  
I have a Galaxy S10+. My two kids each have a Galaxy A10. We all use Google Messages for texting and have Chat Features/RCS enabled.  When I text my kids, my messages are stuck in "sent" forever or ... See more...
I have a Galaxy S10+. My two kids each have a Galaxy A10. We all use Google Messages for texting and have Chat Features/RCS enabled.  When I text my kids, my messages are stuck in "sent" forever or at a minimum several hours. The status never flips to "delivered" and they never receive the messages. Usually the texts will all deliver in one batch several hours later or the text sending will just fail and they won't receive them. Texting to all other numbers works just fine for me. The only thing I can think of is that we use the Verizon Smart Family app. Perhaps that is interfering with the text delivery. Also, when we are all at home and on wifi, the text messages deliver just fine. It only happens when one of us is on a mobile network. This is a big problem and a deal breaker if I can't get this to work. Very frustrating.
We have two kids, each of whom has the same phone model (Samsung) and the same install of Smart Family. One of our kids' phones always updates its Smart Family location pretty much instantly and is h... See more...
We have two kids, each of whom has the same phone model (Samsung) and the same install of Smart Family. One of our kids' phones always updates its Smart Family location pretty much instantly and is highly accurate. Our other kid's phone updates its location in Smart Family erratically and frequently is 45 minutes or even more out of date. Refreshing frequently does not update the location, leaving us to wonder where he is. For example, my kids are currently out biking together and I can see where one is exactly with 0 minutes lag time while my other kid still shows as being at home, even though they left the house 23 minutes ago. Wondering why we would have such different experiences with the two identical phones.
My Samsung S8+ suddenly froze last night and started boot looping. I did not install anything new and was simply using the device as usual when this occurred. Now I can't get the phone to recover fro... See more...
My Samsung S8+ suddenly froze last night and started boot looping. I did not install anything new and was simply using the device as usual when this occurred. Now I can't get the phone to recover from the endless boot loops. I have tried letting the battery run out, then booting into recovery mode. I have wiped the cache partition (several times). Neither one of these has produced reliable results. I am sometimes able to boot up after the cache wipe, but the system will freeze after a few minutes and start boot looping again. I know the next step is a factory reset, but I need to pull some files off the phone's storage before I do that. I did notice that the phone received a system security update recently. Has anyone else experienced this issue following the latest update?
Just got my new HTC One m8. There is an IMEI bar code label on the back of the phone. Any reason it needs to stay on there? It's pretty ugly sitting on that pristine metal case...