Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,717 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

DGP1111's Posts

Thanks, VW Support, for your response.  I do appreciate that.  Really. According to the forum Terms of Service, I can not give exact addresses, or names of the sales consultants I encountered ... See more...
Thanks, VW Support, for your response.  I do appreciate that.  Really. According to the forum Terms of Service, I can not give exact addresses, or names of the sales consultants I encountered . . . or I'd get redacted here online, and possible put in the corner. Yep, I actually read the rules : ) The locations in Orlando, FL were on Orange Blossom Trail and also Kirkman Road.  Since there's only one retail store on each of these roadways, it would be easy to research. One of my co-workers is also highly considering an upgrade to the Galaxy S7 Edge, and went into the OBT location to attempt a hands-on experience.  I'd already advised of my personal challenges at that store, so was interested in his outcome as well.  Pretty much the same as mine, and he chose not to provide his license as ID just to do a browse.  When the sales staff remained by his side, he chose to exit as I'd done earlier. My new phone arrived via FedEx early this morning, after being ordered over the phone on Monday.  Looks great. Quick service that I'm very grateful for.  Seems odd that an anonymous voice over a phone could accomplish SO much more than a live breathing body in an actual Verizon store.  It is what it is, I guess. Co-worker is going to come by my office tomorrow to try out the new device, and I highly anticipate he'll be ordering one via phone shortly thereafter. My test drive at Best Buy was the key factor in my purchase, and I'd have purchased through them if they had the option for the Gear S2 watch . . . which may become a whole new challenge if the multiple forum posts about quantity is deemed true later this month. Again, thanks, for the response.
I've just now seen that Tidbits earlier addressed this . . . Sorry. Thanks, Tidbits, for all the great info you've offered regarding this subject.  Greatly appreciated. : )
And I will muddy the water even a wee bit more . . . I inquired about the actual smartwatch device being offered in the promo, due to some misrepresented marketing, and received multiple "Hmm,... See more...
And I will muddy the water even a wee bit more . . . I inquired about the actual smartwatch device being offered in the promo, due to some misrepresented marketing, and received multiple "Hmm, I don't know" answers from most at Verizon (online and in stores). The advance e-mail promotion we all received stated, "Gear S2 smartwatch ($349.99 value). The verizonwireless.com site also states, "Gear S2 smartwatch ($349.99 value)" as well as "Gear S2 MSRP is $349.99 Gear S2 has a MSRP of $299.99, while the Gear S2 Classic has a MSRP of $349.99 The picture shown is clearly the regular Gear S2, but the higher value misrepresented is for the Gear S2 Classic. The glossy Verizon flyer in the Sunday paper (3/13) announces "Gear S2. Save $100. Now $199.99 / Retail Price $299.99", which doesn't match the website or e-mail offer figures. [Right Hand, meet Left Hand] Web sites for Samsung, Amazon, and Best Buy all list Gear S2 with retail price of $299.99, and the Gear S2 Classic with retail price of $349.99 A call to Verizon resulted in a response that the marketing error was due to misinformation from Samsung. A call to Samsung resulted in a response that the marketing error was due to misinformation from Verizon. Finger pointing can be very interesting . . .  and the consumer simply has to accept it. I took the early upgrade offer and am really hoping that I was receive the smartwatch promotion item, but I know that I (and many others) may fall victim to "fine print". ((Sigh))
I see that the second part of your question has been answered, but the first part continues to receive a more global "Hmm, I don't know" answer from most at Verizon (online and in stores). The e... See more...
I see that the second part of your question has been answered, but the first part continues to receive a more global "Hmm, I don't know" answer from most at Verizon (online and in stores). The e-mail promotion we all received stated, "Gear S2 smartwatch ($349.99 value). The verizonwireless.com site also states, "Gear S2 smartwatch ($349.99 value)" as well as "Gear S2 MSRP is $349.99 Gear S2 has a MSRP of $299.99, while the Gear S2 Classic has a MSRP of $349.99 The picture shown is clearly the regular Gear S2, but the higher value misrepresented is for the Gear S2 Classic. The glossy Verizon flyer in the Sunday paper (3/13) announces "Gear S2. Save $100. Now $199.99 / Retail Price $299.99", which doesn't match the website or e-mail offers. Web sites for Samsung, Amazon, and Best Buy all list Gear S2 with retail price of $299.99, and the Gear S2 Classic with retail price of $349.99 A call to Verizon resulted in a response that the marketing error was due to misinformation from Samsung. A call to Samsung resulted in a response that the marketing error was due to misinformation from Verizon. Finger pointing can be very interesting . . .  and the consumer simply has to accept it.
Ooooo, I like that approach, and might use it as well. : ) Thanks for the suggestion . . . although I highly doubt I'll enter the doors of a retail location any time soon.  They truly were tha... See more...
Ooooo, I like that approach, and might use it as well. : ) Thanks for the suggestion . . . although I highly doubt I'll enter the doors of a retail location any time soon.  They truly were that much of a downer.
A short while ago, I quickly exited from the second of two Verizon Wireless stores here in Orlando, FL. I lasted less than two minutes inside one today. I was greeted the moment I entered the... See more...
A short while ago, I quickly exited from the second of two Verizon Wireless stores here in Orlando, FL. I lasted less than two minutes inside one today. I was greeted the moment I entered the store door (Orange Blossom Trail), and asked if I needed assistance.  I thanked her for the offer, and said I'd like to browse around the phones for a few minutes, and then I'd ask any questions that arose.  Her response: "You want to just . . . browse . . . the store?" I confirmed that was my intent.  She then wanted to know what phone I was interested in checking, so I offered it was the newest Samsung Galaxy S7 that I was eligible for as an upgrade according to the e-mail I'd received from Verizon, but that I just wanted to check out an actual phone for a few minutes. I walked over to the display, and before I reached the phone, I was asked for my phone number so she could check for any potential upgrades. Although I'd just advised that was confirmed, I gave her my number and hoped that would satisfy the buying process for a brief while. Nope! I was then asked to provide her with my drivers licenses so that she could verify my account. All this before even touching one single phone. People shop in different fashions.  Some have done zero research, and need immediate hand-holding. Some have done full research and need zero assistance beyond ringing up the merchandise. In my case, I'd done a good deal of research, and merely wanted to have a tactile experience with the product before committing to a sale (especially now that VW has gone to full device price plans). I'd been very nice, but also made it clear I just wanted a bit of time on my own, which this particular store apparently couldn't accommodate. I explained my surprise, concern, and dissatisfaction of that process and that I'd be leaving the store immediately. Her response: "OK". Is this a new normal for all/most Verizon retail stores??  If so, I'm absolutely positive I won't be re-entering another one ANY time soon. I went a few blocks down the street to the local Best Buy retailer, which has a nice Samsung display available for my 'browsing'.  I was asked if I needed assistance, and after a few minutes I did have some questions, and every single one was fully answered.  I'm going to upgrade to this new device, and will have to do that ordering online (which should be easy) since going into an actual store for assistance creates a selling frenzy of sorts.  This is a popular phone, so it doesn't seem possible they'd be hurting on sales so bad that they'd run off long-term customers.
After my local Verizon Store (Orlando MetroWest) totally goobered up my 4/4/14 Samsung pre-order, I had to cancel that, and chose to go to BestBey to get the item ordered again.  Through BB I did... See more...
After my local Verizon Store (Orlando MetroWest) totally goobered up my 4/4/14 Samsung pre-order, I had to cancel that, and chose to go to BestBey to get the item ordered again.  Through BB I didn't have to jump through any hoops for that silly $50 mail-in rebate card.  It was was just a simply $199. Received the BestBuy e-mail saying, "You pre-order Verizon phone is here!!", and I picked it up this morning.  Sweet!!! I'll not make the mistake of attempting it with a Verizon Store (or through their web site) again in the future. Great phone by the way : )
One would certainly hope that "pre-orders" would, indeed, begin prior to the official launch date announced by Samsung in February . . . but I've personally accepted that is just NOT going to h... See more...
One would certainly hope that "pre-orders" would, indeed, begin prior to the official launch date announced by Samsung in February . . . but I've personally accepted that is just NOT going to happen.  I don't know the internal business side of Verizon's decisions on this, but the HTC exclusive seemed to grab their undivided attention (and I'm not sure those Verizon sales of the M8 have been too stellar), and then there's online chit-chat about the new Sony equipment making a rare arrival to Verizon soon.  Who knows?? But I am personally tired/frustrated with the seemingly pathetic way Verizon has handled the marketing (or non-marketing) of this newest Samsung device.  If I didn't totally hate AT&T I would make the switch, but I left them in 2000 and swore to never return.  I'm keeping that promise. I've done the online chat with multiple Verizon representatives, and I've offered a copy/paste of earlier replies within those chats to prove the information is both inconsistent and wrong.  People get very silent when I do that.  They also get silent when I suggest we end the chat session so I can take the survey and indicate my 'satisfaction level' with the information being offered . . . or not offered.  Their recent survey scores should be quite interesting.  I'll do another one later today.