Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,802 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

jbflory's Posts

You may be right in that Verizon won't do anything.  It is their prerogative to do so or not.  I also have a choice as to where my money is spent.  And if the philosophy of the company is to use ... See more...
You may be right in that Verizon won't do anything.  It is their prerogative to do so or not.  I also have a choice as to where my money is spent.  And if the philosophy of the company is to use every opportunity to find ways to charge me money, that is not a company I want to deal with.  Particularly if they hire surly customer service reps and less than forthright sales people. 
I have been a Verizon customer for 17 years.  I am very close to ending this affiliation over the do-nothing customer service that is nothing more than a brick wall of no. I have two issues: ... See more...
I have been a Verizon customer for 17 years.  I am very close to ending this affiliation over the do-nothing customer service that is nothing more than a brick wall of no. I have two issues: 1.  My wife ordered a new phone for my son in December.  The sales person in the store (Costa Mesa, Harbor Boulevard), offered up a Jet Pack as a 'sweetener' to the deal.  The sales person did not disclose that the Jet Pack would come with a monthly charge.  I don't receive paper bills and I audit my bills every quarter.  When I noticed that there was a charge for the Jet Pack, I called Customer Service.  They guy I spoke with told me (a) that there was nothing he could do about it and (b), more importantly, that he hears this kind of story of unsavory sales practices ALL THE TIME from the stores. 2.  We recently traveled to Cabo San Lucas and my strict instructions to my children were to ONLY use the available resort WIFI to send texts.  Apparently, the Verizon network will supersede a wifi connection and as a result, my son was clubbed with $240.00 in text charges.  When I called Customer Service this time, the lady I spoke with, as soon as I mentioned that I didn't pre-set up a plan, started to speak as if it was my fault and because very firm about how nothing could be done, speaking to a supervisor wouldn't help, etc.  When I told her that she was putting a 17 year relationship at risk over $240.00, she essentially responded that she heard me but she still wasn't going to do anything about it. The challenge I have is that in the first example, the customer service rep was acknowledging that the sales branches of Verizon engage in underhanded tactics in order to make sales.  Somehow this either appears to be institutionalized OR there is no control process in place to manage the behavior of the branches. In the second example, the customer service representative seemed to enjoy the process of telling me no.  This doesn't represent the kind of customer service experience that I expect. So my ask is this:  I would like to be refunded for the Jet Pack charges and I would like to be refunded for the Mexico charges.  Either Verizon will find value in a 17 year client or they will not.  I await their response.