Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,951 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

angelinaOO7's Posts

I saw this post earlier today, maybe they fixed the issues? It doesn't appear to be 5.1? http:// www.droid-life.com/2015/03/30/verizon-galaxy-s5-lollipop-update/
I thought that too, but I have all my apps (the ones I can) only set to run on WiFi. Plus I usually put it in Ultra Saving Mode at bed time.
Thanks for help. and I realize that. But since the update, my WiFi hasn't been working like before. My data has increased from less than 2GB to ~4GB. I've nothing differently. I am on WiFi all da... See more...
Thanks for help. and I realize that. But since the update, my WiFi hasn't been working like before. My data has increased from less than 2GB to ~4GB. I've nothing differently. I am on WiFi all day long, with the small exception of being in the car. I've not added any new apps, in fact I've removed most of them. SYNC is off, back up is off unless I'm plugged in and on WiFi. MY whole issue is that I shouldn't have to fix anything when it worked before, updates are suppose to make things better, not take a perfectly working device and give it a whole bunch of issues! My phone is not usable when nothing can sync. I can't get emails on time. I run a business and I'm a full time college student. My phone is important to me, I need it. Just like everyone else.
thank you GalaxyClass for always trying to post positive helpful solutions!
I'm aware. I just thought it would be helpful to show/share that its an issue with more than just the s5.
I don't know, you'd be surprised at just how many people need to hear "we messed up, and we're diligently working to fix it". Crowd sourcing is great, if its effective and you have knowledgeable ... See more...
I don't know, you'd be surprised at just how many people need to hear "we messed up, and we're diligently working to fix it". Crowd sourcing is great, if its effective and you have knowledgeable people giving out info..for every 50 people complaining, you have 1 person who is honestly trying to help, like GalaxyClass. People are angry, and they have every right to be... it would be nice, if we got some feedback from the people who pushed this out to us unsuspecting souls....
Yes, I have posted in a few other threads, awareness is key! As I’ve stated in other posts. I have done all I can to make my phone usable. It worked PERFECT before this lolliflop update. Now I ha... See more...
Yes, I have posted in a few other threads, awareness is key! As I’ve stated in other posts. I have done all I can to make my phone usable. It worked PERFECT before this lolliflop update. Now I have to basically shut off everything just so it’ll last all day. Which is unacceptable. As frustrating as it was, and painstakingly time consuming. I did a FDR, wiped the cache, removed apps, etc. Removed FB and the messenger app, turned off smart switch, I have tried everything that I’ve seen suggested. It got slightly better for like a day! Turning off my WiFi isn’t really an option for me. I have 3 teenagers on my data plan…  My frustration is that I have to do those things now, not before, NOW. I might as well just not carry the phone with me!! It’s useless without the tools I have them for... I’ve been dealing with this for over a month now… I have been proactive, researching and trying to figure out this nightmare. Testing this and testing that.  I would like to have my phone back to working order and apparently Verizon isn't going to send out any info or a statement.... What I don't get is why only some people have issues and others don't! I just wish SOMEONE would take ownership of this colossal mess and let us know, that they know, and that they are working on fixing it!
If you have the s5, and you were one of those people who clicked yes on the install for lollipop 5.0, you are not alone! LESSON LEARNED. note to self: DO RESEARCH BEFORE YOU CLICK YES on an... See more...
If you have the s5, and you were one of those people who clicked yes on the install for lollipop 5.0, you are not alone! LESSON LEARNED. note to self: DO RESEARCH BEFORE YOU CLICK YES on another update! I found some handy articles for those of us waiting on 5.1 to fix our woes, it may bring even more issues according to this article.... http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/03/16/android-5-1-problems/ and this one... http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/03/18/samsung-galaxy-lollipop-update-release
Thanks!   I'm trying to be proactive! I would like to have my phone back to working order and apparently Verizon isn't going to send out any info or a statement.... What I don't get is why only... See more...
Thanks!   I'm trying to be proactive! I would like to have my phone back to working order and apparently Verizon isn't going to send out any info or a statement.... What I don't get is why only some people have issues and others don't! I just wish SOMEONE would take ownership of this colossal mess and let us know, that they know, and that they are working on fixing it!
YES I DID THAT TOO! As frustrating as it was, and painstakingly time consuming. I did a FDR, removed apps, etc. It got slightly better for like a day! My frustration is that I have to do those th... See more...
YES I DID THAT TOO! As frustrating as it was, and painstakingly time consuming. I did a FDR, removed apps, etc. It got slightly better for like a day! My frustration is that I have to do those things now, not before, NOW. I might as well just not carry the phone with me!! Its useless without the tools I have them for...
update! ONE MONTH LATER!!! and no better i currently run my phone in power save with data restricted...so inconvenient and FRUSTRATING!
Also!? I'm literally on WiFi all day long, except when I drive, which isn't far, nor do I use my phone while I drive, so that's a moot point... anyway,before lolliflop... I used less than 2GB, no... See more...
Also!? I'm literally on WiFi all day long, except when I drive, which isn't far, nor do I use my phone while I drive, so that's a moot point... anyway,before lolliflop... I used less than 2GB, now, I use 3 or more!? How is that possible? Also, for those of us waiting on 5.1 to fix our woes, it may bring even more issues according to this article.... http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/03/16/android-5-1-problems/ and this one... http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/03/18/samsung-galaxy-lollipop-update-release/
Well its been a month, I've done all I know... this is my current situation. just so you have a visual... I literally just took my phone off the charger, maybe 4 minutes ago and it’s alr... See more...
Well its been a month, I've done all I know... this is my current situation. just so you have a visual... I literally just took my phone off the charger, maybe 4 minutes ago and it’s already dropped 4% AND I have approximately 3 hours left. It is currently on power save with background data restricted...SYNC is off! I've taken off numerous apps that don’t get used often, but that are handy to have. Facebook and the Facebook messenger app, gone...A lot of my apps no longer work with the update! Basically I can’t use my phone the way I could before and its incredibly inconvenient and frustrating!! I mean what’s the point?? I've been patient for as long as I can be... I need this fixed. OR I want a brand new one, not some refurbished POS either…
Snapdragon BatteryGuru isn't compatible with my s5? Any other suggestions?
UPDATE!!!!! Based on the recommendations I have received from this post and a few others, I decided to do a factory reset. I also uninstalled Facebook and the Facebook messenger app. It ap... See more...
UPDATE!!!!! Based on the recommendations I have received from this post and a few others, I decided to do a factory reset. I also uninstalled Facebook and the Facebook messenger app. It appears to be back to normal now. My battery life seems to last almost as long as before. I backed up to Samsung Kies and the only thing I had to re-install were apps on my SD card. Message was edited as required by the Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
UPDATE!!!!! Based on the recommendations I have received from this post and a few others, I decided to do a factory reset. I also uninstalled Facebook and the Facebook messenger app. It appear... See more...
UPDATE!!!!! Based on the recommendations I have received from this post and a few others, I decided to do a factory reset. I also uninstalled Facebook and the Facebook messenger app. It appears to be back to normal now. My battery life seems to last almost as long as before. I backed up to Samsung Kies and the only thing I had to re-install were apps on my SD card.
I did the first update Sunday and the second update on Monday,  today has been 1 week. I did the wipe partition,  it didn't seem to help  Thanks for reaching out. I'll see how the day goes, if n... See more...
I did the first update Sunday and the second update on Monday,  today has been 1 week. I did the wipe partition,  it didn't seem to help  Thanks for reaching out. I'll see how the day goes, if no improvement I'll do the factory reset tonight.
I have some info, that may be helpful: >> Duplicate post removed by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service   See Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Problem... See more...
I have some info, that may be helpful: >> Duplicate post removed by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service   See Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Problems <<
See this post, may be something helpful: See  # 123 (i believe it's on the 13th page) Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Problems