Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,376 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

JJGeorge's Posts

Oh good, maybe it will motivate Verizon to improve their customer service. I've got stories from when they used to provide our landline as well. Sent from my iPhone
Yep, after 5 days without a phone, and therefore service, I solved the problem myself by purchasing the phones retail over the phone through Verizon. They now had my phone numbers, and for busin... See more...
Yep, after 5 days without a phone, and therefore service, I solved the problem myself by purchasing the phones retail over the phone through Verizon. They now had my phone numbers, and for business purposes they were critical to save. It took a long time. And guess what, after all that inconvenience they sent them out on two day shipping. I didn't receive the phones until that Friday afternoon. Verizon left me with no phones and no service for a full 7 days, after 2 extra trips to the store, 3 online chat sessions, and 3 long phone calls. If had I waited for Verizon to supply me with some form of customer service, I would still be waiting today. It took yet another phone call to square away all the charges Verizon wanted to burden me with as a result of their own mistakes. Everyone I spoke or chatted with were very professional and polite, but it was hit or miss if I was receiving quality information, or had stumbled upon someone who could actually do something. And in the end no one seemed able to resolve the issue. It took me purchasing the phones at retail cost to restore my service. If Verizon didn't have the best reception in my area, I'd dump them in a heartbeat. Sent from my iPhone
My apologies, And thank you for the suggestions, I was responding to an email that was posted as being from Verizon Wireless Customer Support, so I thought I was talking to a Verizon age... See more...
My apologies, And thank you for the suggestions, I was responding to an email that was posted as being from Verizon Wireless Customer Support, so I thought I was talking to a Verizon agent who had seen my posts and was able to help/bicker to, not another customer who was nice enough to offer advice. I feel like I've entered some weird twilight zone, it's almost as confusing as their Edge plan. But then, I'm something of a luddite. Should have kept my landline, lesson learned.
No confirmation yet, and I can't access a text because I do not have a cell phone. I've been to the store location already, and there is nothing else they can do. The only way to contact the st... See more...
No confirmation yet, and I can't access a text because I do not have a cell phone. I've been to the store location already, and there is nothing else they can do. The only way to contact the store, I'm aware of, since I do not have a phone, is to actually go there, and wait in line again. Really, this is your solution? In fact, I went back to the same store location the day after I purchased the phone and service to resolve this issue, way back on the 4th of last week. They said they could not resolve it, after a separate two hour visit, and said I could go and they would be in touch with me with a solution. They never got in touch. This phone return/swap/order plan was hatched by a woman I spoke with on the Verizon help help line, pre phone return. And to top it off, the Verizon store charged ME! 35.00 / phone restocking fee to return, even though it was the salesman who made the mistake! My concern is that after a full business day, the order still has not processed, and as you read in my posted chat, "usually a few days" is hardly acceptable, when we are currently paying for a service we cannot use, and at the moment, desperately need. To tell you the truth, I'm sorry I switched providers. I can't believe this is how Verizon treats new customers.
At present, though I am a verizon customer, and am currently paying for verizon service, verizon has not supplied me with a phone with which to access this service.  Seems like they have failed i... See more...
At present, though I am a verizon customer, and am currently paying for verizon service, verizon has not supplied me with a phone with which to access this service.  Seems like they have failed in the most elemental way.  It's time for phones to be independent of providers, and cell and wireless service to be a utility no different than the electrical grid.  Verizon and other companies are doing a real disservice to the industrial potential of America. Please hold for a Support Representative to assist you. Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. Your Chat Session ID is >> Chat transcript removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service << Samantha terminated the session before helping access voicemails, as with no phones, it is rather obvious that we cannot call tech. support, as even Samantha acknowledges.  So here we sit, no phones, no service, no way to access our voicemails.  As self-employed contractors with multiple jobs currently open, the inconvenience is rather devastating.  Thank you Verizon, for helping convince me that the digital revolution is at your convenience. Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator